Umm... Drew was in North Korea?

• 189 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ztiworoh
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By louiedog

I saw that and thought it looked like North Korea, but that it couldn't be. Does he have a non-American passport or something?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Azteck

I vote for very clever photoshopping, or the use of a green screen.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Tylea002

If I remember correctly, Drew really wanted to take a trip to the DMZ when he went with Brad to see some Starcraft, but never could.

I could be completely misremembering, but yeah, dude that is a crazy trip. I hope we get to hear Drew stories on the bombcast!

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ztiworoh

@louiedog: It's definitely North Korea - it's a monument that every foreign tourist has to visit. And that's a relatively recent photo because I believe they didn't add Kim Jong Il to it until after his death.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By EvilTwin

I'm pretty sure it's a joke you guys. 

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Animasta

lol he looks like a spy

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By Chris2KLee

Could have been a border tour, but I thought those had been restricted for the last few years (as far as crossing the border was concerned). That said, it's not unheard of for NK to let people over on propaganda tours, to show outsiders (especially westerners) the "prosperity" of the North Korean country.

Papa_XIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Papa_XIV

@ztiworoh: What!

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By louiedog

@Chris2KLee said:

Could have been a border tour, but I thought those had been restricted for the last few years (as far as crossing the border was concerned). That said, it's not unheard of for NK to let people over on propaganda tours, to show outsiders (especially westerners) the "prosperity" of the North Korean country.

Americans though? I'm pretty sure they let Canadians in and they love Russians, but I'm not sure they let in Americans.

@EvilTwin said:

I'm pretty sure it's a joke you guys.

It's a hell of a photoshop if it's a joke.

@ztiworoh said:

@louiedog: It's definitely North Korea - it's a monument that every foreign tourist has to visit. And that's a relatively recent photo because I believe they didn't add Kim Jong Il to it until after his death.

I recognized the Kim Il Song statue, but haven't seen that since Kim Jong Il's death. I wondered if there was another statue elsewhere.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nail1080

Despite what you all think, considering you don't think for yourselves and are brain-washed by Western Media, North Korea is actually a nice and happy place and going there and experiencing it is no big deal.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ztiworoh
Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Codeacious
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ravenlight

@nail1080 said:

Despite what you all think, considering you don't think for yourselves and are brain-washed by Western Media, North Korea is actually a nice and happy place and going there and experiencing it is no big deal.

Well played, sir.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JOURN3Y

@nail1080 said:

But I am Chinese comrade. Best not to assume what your fellow duders think. You know what happens when you assume...

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Jace

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nail1080

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EuanDewar

"ON ASSIGNMENT"

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By louiedog

I wonder if he had to submit his gamertag/steam ID at the border to see if he'd killed any North Koreans in Homefront.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel
@nail1080

If you don't mind being executed for giving a statue of Kim Il Sung a funny look.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Animasta

@Hailinel said:

@nail1080

If you don't mind being executed for giving a statue of Kim Il Sung a funny look.

are you insinuating that Kim Il Sung is anything but our Great Leader?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By iamjohn

This is incredible.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Jayzilla

Just got off the phone with Drew. He's doing great(besides the diarrhea last night). The North Korean Gov't hired him to run their Nationalist Popular Gold Farming Unit(the acronym is really funny in Korean, un-transalate-able in English. Just thought the duders would want to know.

skelington_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By skelington_

Some of the replies to this are amazing.

Photoshopped. Really? Internet-fueled, photographic hypochondria. Really fascinating phenomena. Even more strange is the fatally misinformed minority that believe you can't go on holiday to North Korea! Why? Do you think you're going to be jailed for being American? Hahaha, i just had to laugh.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ninjakiller

@nail1080 said:

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

Piss off.

Mocking the subjection of an entire population who's living effectively 75+ years in the past isn't funny.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wjb

I'll admit, if it didn't cost me anything and there weren't any negative consequences, I wouldn't mind going to North Korea for a day, purely out of curiosity.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Toxeia

I get that the story here is that Drew's in North Korea and his coming from America puts him at some risk since we westerners are a dirty people, but... the REAL story should be why people aren't gathered around HIM, bathing in the glory of those sweet golden locks.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jace

@nail1080 said:

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

Oh, I get it. You're attempting edgy humor for the first time.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ElixirBronze

@nail1080 said:

If you say you think North Korea is a "nice and happy place" that makes you look kind of uninformed and pretty ignorant to how the situation actually is over there.

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jjnen

@nail1080 said:

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheHumanDove

@skelington_ said:

Photoshopped. Really? Internet-fueled, photographic hypochondria. Really fascinating phenomena. Even more strange is the fatally misinformed minority that believe you can't go on holiday to North Korea! Why? Do you think you're going to be jailed for being American? Hahaha, i just had to laugh.

Surely you troll, or misinformed.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nail1080

@ninjakiller said:

@nail1080 said:

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

Piss off.

Mocking the subjection of an entire population who's living effectively 75+ years in the past isn't funny.

Riiiight,,,,have you actually been to North Korea or are your opinions based on nonsense?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By fattony12000
No Caption Provided
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By louiedog

@skelington_ said:

Nobody thought they'd be jailed for being American, but that they'd be denied a travel visa, because that's how it was until recently.

Citizens of South Korea are normally not permitted to visit North Korea. In addition, there have been reports of difficulties regarding Israeli, American, British, and Japanese nationals. In January 2010, North Korea lifted the restrictions on American citizens who are now free to visit at anytime of the year - but they are not allowed to travel by train (especially the train to Beijing) and to participate at homestay-programs.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ninjakiller

@nail1080 said:

@ninjakiller said:

@nail1080 said:

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

Piss off.

Riiiight,,,,have you actually been to North Korea or are your opinions based on nonsense?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36  Edited By veektarius

Totally fits my view of Drew. Doesn't have an off-the-wall personality, but does interesting things.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cookiemonster

@Rappelsiini said:

@nail1080 said:

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Animasta

@nail1080 said:

@ninjakiller said:

@nail1080 said:

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

Piss off.

Theres a reason they ask for food all the time... do you think famine is REALLY nice and happy?

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By Chris2KLee

@louiedog said:

@Chris2KLee said:

Americans though? I'm pretty sure they let Canadians in and they love Russians, but I'm not sure they let in Americans.

I heard of American's crossing over on tours, just depends on the mood of the various governments involved and how much you are willing to take the risk. When I went in 2010, things were tenser and the US Army organized tour stopped right at the border, but we were not allowed to cross, or even get off the bus we were on. Just looking across the border is a trip though, the place is a barren wasteland for miles, except for a strangely out of place city with no movement outside of a giant ass flag. Kudos to Drew for rolling the dice, must have been a cool if weird/terrifying experience.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By N7

What's up with all the college liberals? Did Reddit go down or something?

skelington_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By skelington_

@louiedog said:

@skelington_ said:

Nobody thought they'd be jailed for being American, but that they'd be denied a travel visa, because that's how it was until recently.

"Citizens of South Korea are normally not permitted to visit North Korea. In addition, there have been reports of difficulties regarding Israeli, American, British, and Japanese nationals. In January 2010, North Korea lifted the restrictions on American citizens who are now free to visit at anytime of the year - but they are not allowed to travel by train (especially the train to Beijing) and to participate at homestay-programs."

Don't forget your quote marks.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Sooty

@nail1080 said:

10/10

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nail1080

@ninjakiller said:

@nail1080 said:

@ninjakiller said:

@nail1080 said:

@Jace said:

@nail1080 said:

I hope you're kidding.

I hope you're kidding.

Piss off.

I've seen this before. And thanks, I guess you have no opinion.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By Kyle

I hope everyone in this thread is kidding.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By dethfish

Maybe North Korea is just a big fan of Dexter.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By toowalrus

If this is true, Drew, you're my fuckin' hero. I love to travel places most people will never see...

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By A_Cute_Squirtle

I have no idea what to make of most of these posts.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JOURN3Y

@nail1080: Man, who pooped in your coffee this morning?

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By louiedog

@skelington_ said:

@louiedog said:

@skelington_ said:

"Citizens of South Korea are normally not permitted to visit North Korea. In addition, there have been reports of difficulties regarding Israeli, American, British, and Japanese nationals. In January 2010, North Korea lifted the restrictions on American citizens who are now free to visit at anytime of the year - but they are not allowed to travel by train (especially the train to Beijing) and to participate at homestay-programs."

Don't forget your quote marks.

You don't have anything to contribute to this thread, do you? I don't know what kind of day you've had, but I hope it gets better.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By bigsmoke77

North Korea is trying to build a tourism industry..... hopefully drew knows what the numbers mean now.