#1 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

For the Underworld fans who have seen the first two, do not hesitate to see the third! I'm a big fan and this one is better than the first two. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole film, literally. Really suspenseful and the story intertwined very nicely with the first two films.

9/10, definitely a must see!

#2 Posted by zerok (180 posts) -

I just saw the trailer but I'm honestly not all that thrilled about a vampire/lycan-movie set in the past. For me the most entertaining part of such movies is always how they try to integrate it with the present :-)

#3 Edited by suneku (2997 posts) -

Kate Beckinsale doesn't have a big role in it right? She's listed in it but I haven't seen her in any of the trailers. But anyways, if she's not the main focus it's no sale to me.

#4 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

Outside of Kate Beckinsale in tight leather outfits, I didn't really care much for the other two Underworld movies.

#5 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I only saw the first one, as the second one seems to have vanished from the Earth. I liked the original a good deal, though.

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

Seeing as the first one is one of the worst films i've ever seen, I doubt the third one is a 9/10. Particularly when shoved out in the middle of Oscar season.

#7 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"Seeing as the first one is one of the worst films i've ever seen, I doubt the third one is a 9/10. Particularly when shoved out in the middle of Oscar season."
You must not watch many if that is one of the worst you have ever seen.
#8 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

Under.. world?

#9 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

It's got a hot chick in a very tight leather outfit. Yeah, I'll be seeing it and will probably enjoy it. 

#10 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -
Megalon said:
"It's got a hot chick in a very tight leather outfit. Yeah, I'll be seeing it and will probably enjoy it. "
Ah, so that's underworld.
#11 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
The_Dude said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Seeing as the first one is one of the worst films i've ever seen, I doubt the third one is a 9/10. Particularly when shoved out in the middle of Oscar season."
You must not watch many if that is one of the worst you have ever seen."
I've got a collection of around 500 DVDs and i'm happy to say Underworld is nowhere near it. If I want to watch an average action movie with a terrible storyline and subpar action sequences, i'll watch Equilibrium rather than this perfume advert on steroids.
#12 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Considering the first two were shit i'll stay very far from this one.

#13 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Kate Beckinsale is in it, she appears in the last minute, basically linking the story together. I guess not everyone's a fan but i fucking loved it!

#14 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -

Didn't I just see an Underworld trailer...for the 2nd movie..like half a year ago?

#15 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3089 posts) -
Jolly_Lolly said:
"Didn't I just see an Underworld trailer...for the 2nd movie..like half a year ago?"
No that was Twilight, the metrosexual Underworld....
#16 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Underworld, fucking great movie.

Underworld 2, fucking shitty movie
Underworld 3, have not seen it yet, but i will with my girl friend tonight.
#17 Posted by Dingo (10 posts) -

Thx mate... After the 2nd I was gunna pass on this one but if you say its good then ill give anything a try.

#18 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6094 posts) -

I have a ridiculous amount of love for Rhona Mitra, so I'm sure I'll see this at some point.

#19 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

It doesn't have Kate Beckinsale in it so no.

#20 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Tight leather didn't exist in the middle ages. No deal.

#21 Posted by jakob187 (21644 posts) -

I never really cared for the Underworld movies when they first came out, but I watched them again about two months ago, and I really got into them.  Len Wiseman actually has a LOT of lore built into this.  Mostly, though, Rise of the Lycans is being used to fill in plotholes from the previous two films and also work as a money-maker.  I'm perfectly fine with that, even though Wiseman isn't directing this time (I think Patrick Tatopaulos is, who did the special effects and makeup for the first two flicks).  Nonetheless, I'm interested in an origins story, and lucky me...I've got two free passes to the theatre from a couple of grateful customers at work.  =  D

#22 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Well, let me know what you think when you come back. =]

#23 Posted by biggest_loser (219 posts) -

I don't like the Underworld series - I like Kate Beckinsale but thats about it. The second one was disastrous - luckily I won free tickets and didn't pay for it. Why would I want to see a prequel to a mediocre series anyway without the star?

#24 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -
biggest_loser said:
"I don't like the Underworld series - I like Kate Beckinsale but thats about it. The second one was disastrous - luckily I won free tickets and didn't pay for it. Why would I want to see a prequel to a mediocre series anyway without the star?"
Because you haven't seen it and it might not suck?
#25 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

I saw it and thought it was awful. The only good Underworld movie is the first one. I can see this series ending up going direct to DVD and then forgotten.

#26 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

No Kate, no see.