This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

#2 Posted by iceman228433 (616 posts) -

C.M. Punk

#3 Posted by Giantstalker (1637 posts) -

This won't end well

#4 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@iceman228433: I met him today.

#5 Posted by TooWalrus (13178 posts) -

Incomplete poll, also, we've already got a "who did you vote for" thread.

#6 Posted by Milkman (16685 posts) -
#7 Posted by Castiel (2580 posts) -

Seing as I can't vote, being Danish and all that, but if I could I would vote for Obama.

#8 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@TooWalrus: I have no idea who else is running, and whoever else ain't going to win anyway, so why add them? I saw the other thread, but I thought a poll would be nice to have an idea from a glance. I'm not even American.

#9 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@Castiel: Yeah, I was going to add to the title 'Who would have have voted for if you're not American'.

I know there's other threads, but I thought a poll would be most suitable.. Right?

#10 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

@Baillie said:

@TooWalrus: I have no idea who else is running, and whoever else ain't going to win anyway, so why add them?

Well maybe you shouldn't create polls that do not represent the title of the thread then. There are also many threads on this exact same topic.

I'm sorry but I'll have to flag this.

#11 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@imsh_pl: All I'm attempting to do is get an easy glance of what the Giant Bomb community is skewed towards, that's it. Do you want me to list all the candidates, even the ones that will only get a vote? What's the point?

Also, I don't think you can flag polls, which is dumb.

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13178 posts) -

@Baillie: I'd find it way more interesting to see which 3rd parties our community is voting for, I've seen plenty of people supporting Gary Johnson of the Libertarian party. Also, while they don't get enough votes to win, voter turnout for 3rd parties can still swing the election. Also also, Mitt Romney isn't going to win, anyway, so why include him on the poll? You should have just made a phat button that says "Obama, yo".

#13 Posted by SeanCoughing (262 posts) -

I threw my vote away on a 3rd party, I didn't agree with Romcom or 'bama.

#14 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@TooWalrus: I'm not here to try cause any controversy, I'm not even wanting to get into a discussion about it, like you and others have said, there are threads already made for that. I am an outsider, and I have no idea who Gary Johnson is, but I do know he isn't going to come close to either Obama or Romney. I'm watching BBC One in the UK which is covering the election throughout the night, there's only two candidates up there, so I don't know why you're throwing rocks at me.

I think Romney has a good chance to win, but like I said, I'm not American and I don't have a good idea about anything. I think Romney is very likeable, which I couldn't have said about McCain. Either way, it's going to be very close, even if you assume Obama is going to win.

#15 Posted by Nightriff (5027 posts) -

Write in for Jeff Gerstmann, Sling Shot politics was the most important issue to me.

#16 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

@Baillie said:

@imsh_pl: All I'm attempting to do is get an easy glance of what the Giant Bomb community is skewed towards, that's it. Do you want me to list all the candidates, even the ones that will only get a vote? What's the point?

Also, I don't think you can flag polls, which is dumb.

But it's not like you sacrifice something if you add the rest of the candidates. And if you don't, it's not like the people who voted for them are going to choose Obama/Romney in this poll, and if they do it's just because they want to see the poll results.

#17 Posted by TooWalrus (13178 posts) -

@Baillie: Sorry, I didn't intend to 'throw stones', it's just that if you've been following the other threads, you'd have seen the fair amount of 3rd party support. You wouldn't have needed to add all of the candidates, but I bet if you'd added a 'other' or '3rd party' option, it would have gotten a higher percentage than Romney, as our community is SO polarized, and that would have been interesting to see.

#18 Posted by N7 (3587 posts) -

I voted for Cthulu. The dark lord and his revolution will bring an end to us all.

Also he supports lowering taxes by at least 2%!s

CTHULU '12.

#19 Posted by Baillie (4081 posts) -

@imsh_pl: Sure, I understand my wording of the topic wasn't the greatest, I should have just wrote, 'Who would you prefer to win the United States Presidential Election?'

It's all I'm asking and I'm also assuming if their actually chosen candidate isn't there, they will pick the candidate they will prefer to win.

#20 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

@Baillie: Fair enough.

#21 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

@Baillie said:

I know there's other threads, but I thought a poll would be most suitable.. Right?

Sorry, that's not exactly how it works. :( I'm going to have to lock this thread!