UPF Discovery: "The Real Guitar Hero" Cigs66

• 91 results
beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I for one love the diversification of content. Not sure why so many people get hung up on the supposed "lack" of gaming content. There's tons of it, but really giant bomb has become a lot more about the people running it than just about video games for several years. Wrestling podcast, movie podcast, soon to be F1 podcast, browsing the internet, watching ps4 streams. It's all gravy to me if I get to hear Vinny, Jeff and crew cracking jokes.

I think they should have cigs' stream in the corner of the next Friday show and check in between every segment.

ratzinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ratzinc

I thought it was a nice change a pace and highlighted one of my favorite things with the ps4, which is to look at other people's shitty houses while they stare slackjawed at the insults being hurled at them. UPF brings many great moments and straight up boring moments. I didn't care for the game Vinny was showing nor am I ever interested in the racing games Drew constantly brings to the show, so I'm thankful they bucked the trend this week.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By Shaunage

I really enjoyed watching him play.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By r3beld0gg

Watching UPF now. I didn't mind them going to it. I thought it was interesting. What I like about UPF is that it's kinda like just hanging out with a bunch of other nerds, except without actually having to bother with having "real" friends. The dude was good, but not showing off anything spectacular. It's cool that he's doing it, and I'd love to chill and jam with him but I don't get why anyone would watch ANY of those streams. That said, it was fun in the context of UPF.

The best part of all of it was that the guy got a bunch of positive people watching his stream, drowning out the losers that were just in there making fat jokes. It made me feel good, even though I had nothing to do with it.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought looking at the streams was hilarious and fascinating, reminiscent of the Nintendo Land pictures, as Rorie mentioned. I did have somewhat of an existential crisis when I realized I was watching people on sitting a couch in a videogame related context, watching people sitting on a couch in a videogame related context. Cigs was cool, looked alot like Dave Lang.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@milkman: @narujoe93: @jimmyfenix: @demoskinos: All of you are SUPER mature at handling people who disagree with you. I hope you grow up.

If you don't like it just leave the site! No one is forcing you to stay here man, stop being so entitled with having all these opinions and stuff man. Seriously, people these days, think they can try to offer criticism or something, God..

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#58  Edited By musubi

@purplespandex: Maturity? Let me tell you about maturity. Maturity would be not voicing your dislike for the show in such a way that you were basically pissing in everyone's coffee. Maturity would have been realizing the show wasn't for you and finding something else to occupy your evening. Maturity would be realizing just because you didn't like something that others can. If you really want to have an actual discussion or in any way want people to side with your plight you may want to work on a few things namely the tone and content of how you present you dislike for a segment.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman: @narujoe93: @jimmyfenix: @demoskinos: All of you are SUPER mature at handling people who disagree with you. I hope you grow up.

What did I do? All I did was post a picture of gabe newell saying 'deal with it' because demoskinos said it and I felt posting that would brighten up the argument/thread (its a funny picture). I have nothing against you or your opinion.

Side note: saying 'grow up' during an argument is so easy and hypocritical of you. If you really don't appreciate what the others were saying, ignore it; 'grow up'. It's adding fuel to an unnecessary flame.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#60  Edited By Humanity

@demoskinos: no offense, I have nothing against you and don't want to start some huge argument, but honestly you're probably one of the last people on the site to lecture others on tone and maturity.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I find it hilarious you think that but sure.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Some people liked him, some didn't. I was a part of the, liked him camp. It's a bit of a bummer that Vinny was snubbed on his segment. That game looked like it had some pretty excellent shenanigans potential. Ah well, hopefully Vinny will get to do a more complete show-off of the game soon! But seriously, eff the haters rock on!

PurpleSpandex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@demoskinos: Your entire argument has been you can leave, thats silly. If I don't like something that I am paying for I have every right to voice my opinion. You are allowed to think I should leave and not watch, thats your right. Its an infantile way to deal with people but its your right. I'm done with you because you have nothing of value to say other than "im right and your wrong so leave" . Your reply to Humanity just proves how immature you are. Take a step back and really look at how you interact with people.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purplespandex: And as I already said. Its not what you said but now you presented it. Plenty of others felt the same way about it as you did. The only thing you've done is continually tell people to grow up if they don't agree with you. But your right about one thing this is pointless because if you can't grasp why several people jumped on your post when others had the same exact opinion then this has been a waste of everyone's time.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was entertaining, but I really wanted to see where Vinny's game was going. I hope they do a Quick Look on it. I thought it was kind of rude to cut back to Playroom just minutes after he started his game. He seemed annoyed but handled it well. I get that it's an unscripted thing, but I wish they would let everyone show what they brought without interruptions and cutting them short. Vinny seemed genuinely interested in the game and they basically said "fuck that, lets go back to this thing we already laughed at!". The playroom stuff wore thin long before they cut him off.

Perkunas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny shouldn't have been cut off like that but I did like the streaming stuff. I think content around here has gotten stale lately and something refreshing like that was great.

I actually miss stuff that wasn't always solely about video games. There's too much Roguelike-like shows on here.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@brodehouse said:

UPF sounds pretty dire.

I thought it was the best UPF in weeks, so shrug. Seems like a lot of the GB Community just want to be negative about Unprofessional Fridays lately; it's not perfect, but nowadays there are constantly comments from people here acting like the Titanic is sinking.

Same! It was totally fascinating.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By LackingSaint

@purplespandex said:

@demoskinos: Your entire argument has been you can leave, thats silly. If I don't like something that I am paying for I have every right to voice my opinion. You are allowed to think I should leave and not watch, thats your right. Its an infantile way to deal with people but its your right. I'm done with you because you have nothing of value to say other than "im right and your wrong so leave" . Your reply to Humanity just proves how immature you are. Take a step back and really look at how you interact with people.

Good lord, stop trying to act like you're being the bigger man. You're complaining about a single non-video-game-nonsense video segment on a site that is 99% video-game-nonsense. You're responding to half a dozen people all telling you to just not watch the segment with "Grow up". Nobody has told you to leave the site, they're telling you that you don't have to watch that specific segment. Don't worry, this won't become GiantPlayroomStreaming.com.

If you want to boil down arguments to their point, your entire argument has been "Why did they produce this piece of content they almost never produce that a lot of people really enjoyed?" I'm not even saying "They can't cater to everyone", i'm saying "THEY'RE ALREADY MASSIVELY CATERING TO YOU WITH ALMOST EVERY OTHER PIECE OF CONTENT THEY PRODUCE".

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My sub ran out and I wasn't in a hurry to upgrade it, but now I'm pretty interested in giving this a look.

El_Funko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By El_Funko

I really enjoyed this UPF.

The guys reacting to stupid stream comments was funny, and their reaction when they finally found a stream that wasn't just someone drinking alone in their living room (because he was drinking alone in his living room while playing guitar) was amusing. Maybe it was more enjoyable to me because I'm a fan of the metal songs he played, but I think it was an entertaining UPF.

As others have said already, I got a lot of satisfaction seeing the Giant Bomb community immediately turn the guys stream from a handful of angry children with nothing better to do than insult someone on the internet, into a group of viewers telling him his stream is great and encouraging him to rock the fuck out. That was cool.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was fun. Also I think the vinny thing was way overblown. He's a grown man. The chat was kind of embarrassing, trying to drag ten seconds of awkwardness out through the rest of the show.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I found the stream hopping quite fascinating, I was stoned and it reminded me of the sort of thing me and my friends would do a couple of years ago by looking for random livestreams or using one of those random video/text chat type things. It was comforting :)

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#74  Edited By nightriff

Anyone have a schedule of when Cigs66 typically streams? Want to show my wife the awesomeness that is Cigs66

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So cigs was just talking about GiantBomb on his latest stream.

He said he's glad for the exposure he's gotten but doesn't like that he was swearing so much due to the trolls and wishes they had bleeped him.

He also became a fan of the site after hearing that he was on the stream and has watched a few videos. He also mentioned that Jeff added him to his friends list and they have discussed talking. Jeff told him to send him an email.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@49th: That's kind of heartwarming.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By nightriff

How about they hire cigs66 as a new employee?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Just watched that old UPF and wanted to check out his stream to see if he was still going and it looks like he is!

He also has a twitter account now. Didn't recognize him at first, he lost some weight.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forcen: Thanks for this, long live Cigs66! Rock on duder!

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Was wondering if this guy was still around. He wished Janick Gers a happy birthday on his Twitter, so that dude is allllllright with me.

While I agree the actual baseline appeal of his stream might be a dime a dozen (there are several cool Rocksmith Twitch channels if you want to see dudes playing guitar), there was something about a fat dude in his wood-panel basement drinking beer and rockin' out that weirdly resonated. Yeah it was almost like a parody of something, but who gives a shit. It had a strange appeal.

Looks like the "fat" part of that equation is going away, so good for him I suppose.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@forcen said:

Just watched that old UPF and wanted to check out his stream to see if he was still going and it looks like he is!

He also has a twitter account now. Didn't recognize him at first, he lost some weight.

Fuck, cig66 is still the man.

Also this is apparently his first tweet:

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#83  Edited By Y2Ken

Great to see he's doing well, and still doing his thing.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this is old, but he popped into my head today and had to go looking for his stuff. But it sadly looks like he isn't doing his thing anymore.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By htr10

@meierthered said:

I know this is old, but he popped into my head today and had to go looking for his stuff. But it sadly looks like he isn't doing his thing anymore.

Cigs66 is a great callback, but holy cow, this thread has some unnecessary user infighting from back in the day. Also, I apparently posted in this thread 4 years 6 months ago, so there's that. Post #20 FTW!

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10 said:
@meierthered said:

Cigs66 is a great callback, but holy cow, this thread has some unnecessary user infighting from back in the day. Also, I apparently posted in this thread 4 years 6 months ago, so there's that. Post #20 FTW!

Was fun whenever they checked in on him or the cluster fuck that is Live from Playstaion.

VannaDwight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meierthered: I don't know why, but I randomly thought about him today as well.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwigtk said:

@meierthered: I don't know why, but I randomly thought about him today as well.

Cigs66 never forget.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haaaa Playstation live what a clusterfuck, Cigs66 definitely a beacon of light when it came to PlayStation live streams.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought we weren't supposed to necro old threads?

Ho_Blivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I saw this thread pop up and started scrolling and saw how old the original post was I questioned why it would have recent activity. I immediately thought that he must have passed away and someone was making a note of it. Glad to see that is not the case.

Avatar image for securityguruguy
SecurityGuruGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ho_blivion: We don't know that he didn't. But I'm happy to do my part in making people click on a 4 year old post.