US is shifting generals

Zukzuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Zukzuk

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates gave this press briefing to elaborate on the issue. Well, he wasn’t doing a lot of elaborating, he looked more like an aircraft carrier who tries to dodge a salvo of torpedoes.

Stern! Steeeernnn! No! Bow! Boooow!

Hey Robert, just say you fired the damn guy ok!

He was more direct and to the point in this budget briefing. It deals with the proposed budget shift for the defense department. Robert wants to spent more on ‘irregular warfare’ and ‘dual purpose capability’ (don’t you just love that pantagon slang). It should make the US army more capable in fighting guerrilla forces. That means less money for conventional warfare. You know, like the ones the US isn’t involved in right now. Unfortunately he will catch quite the shitstorm in Congress. Half of the elderly there are mortally afraid of the future communists from Russia and China. And space.

Oh, by the way, they are going to spend 36 billion dollars more than last year, so those commies might still be unsuccessful their plan for world domination.

In the end of his statement Robert puts it well I think:

… Some will say I’m too focused on the war we are in and not enough on future threats. The alocation of dollars in this budget definitively belies that claim. But it is important to remember that every defense dollar spent to over insure against a remote or diminishing risk, or in effect to run up the score on a capability where the United States is already dominant, is a dollar not available to take care of our people …

Get the RSS feed from http://zombiesnacks.wordpress.com

Zukzuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Zukzuk

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates gave this press briefing to elaborate on the issue. Well, he wasn’t doing a lot of elaborating, he looked more like an aircraft carrier who tries to dodge a salvo of torpedoes.

Stern! Steeeernnn! No! Bow! Boooow!

Hey Robert, just say you fired the damn guy ok!

He was more direct and to the point in this budget briefing. It deals with the proposed budget shift for the defense department. Robert wants to spent more on ‘irregular warfare’ and ‘dual purpose capability’ (don’t you just love that pantagon slang). It should make the US army more capable in fighting guerrilla forces. That means less money for conventional warfare. You know, like the ones the US isn’t involved in right now. Unfortunately he will catch quite the shitstorm in Congress. Half of the elderly there are mortally afraid of the future communists from Russia and China. And space.

Oh, by the way, they are going to spend 36 billion dollars more than last year, so those commies might still be unsuccessful their plan for world domination.

In the end of his statement Robert puts it well I think:

… Some will say I’m too focused on the war we are in and not enough on future threats. The alocation of dollars in this budget definitively belies that claim. But it is important to remember that every defense dollar spent to over insure against a remote or diminishing risk, or in effect to run up the score on a capability where the United States is already dominant, is a dollar not available to take care of our people …

Get the RSS feed from http://zombiesnacks.wordpress.com

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

dude did you make like five blog posts in 20 minutes 

Zukzuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zukzuk

Just uploaded my new blog from wordpress here...
From now on it will be 1 post or so per day :)