US/MEX Authorites captr Drug Lord "El Chapo" Guzman, 13 Yrs

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

MEXICO CITY (Associated Press) — The head of Mexico's Sinaloa Cartel was captured overnight by U.S. and Mexican authorities at a hotel in Mazatlan, Mexico, the Associated Press has learned.

A senior U.S. law enforcement official said Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman was taken alive overnight in the beach resort town. The official was not authorized to discuss the arrest and spoke on condition of anonymity. ..

Guzman faces multiple federal drug trafficking indictments in the U.S. and is on the DEA's most-wanted list. His drug empire stretches throughout North America and reaches as far away as Europe and Australia. His cartel has been heavily involved in the bloody drug war that has torn through parts of Mexico for the last several years. ..

The following month, Zambada's main lieutenant was killed as Mexican helicopter gunships sprayed bullets at his mansion in the Gulf of California resort of Puerto Penasco in a four-hour gunbattle. Days later, police in the Netherlands arrested Zambada's flamboyant top enforcer as he arrived in Amsterdam.

Guzman's capture ended a long and storied manhunt. He was rumored to live everywhere from Argentina to Guatemala since he slipped out in 2001 from prison in a laundry truck — a storied feat that fed his larger-than-life persona. Because insiders aided his escape, rumors circulated for years that he was helped and protected by former Mexican President Felipe Calderon's government, which vanquished some of his top rivals. ..

Guzman is still celebrated in folk songs and is said to have enjoyed deep protection from humble villagers in the rugged hills of Sinaloa and Durango where he has hidden from authorities. He is also thought to have contacts inside law enforcement that helped him evade capture, including a near-miss in February 2012 in the southern Baja California resort of Cabo San Lucas just after an international meeting of foreign ministers. He was vacationing in Cabo during a visit by then-U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.

"There's no drug-trafficking organization in Mexico with the scope, the savvy, the operational ability, expertise and knowledge as the Sinaloa cartel," said one former U.S. law enforcement official, who couldn't be quoted by name for security reasons. "You've kind of lined yourself up the New York Yankees of the drug trafficking world." ..

ThisIs50: Drug Kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman Captured By U.S. & Mexican Authorities 13 Years After Breaking Out Of Prison

MSN: Mexico's Sinaloa drug chief arrested

ABC News: Most-Wanted Drug Cartel Chief Arrested

Univision Noticias: El 'Chapo' Guzmán habría sido capturado

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@falserelic This story just goes on and on.. And everybody's going off on it. As long as I could remember, El Chapo has been reigning drug pop-culture. Rap music, and corridos alike have lyrics inspired by him. This is just crazy fascinating stuff honestly. El Chapo very likely inspired much of Breaking Bad's El Tuco character, as well as countless other films.

I remember hearing talk about Mexico's newer president, Enrique Peña Nieto, that he rather favored to making deals to get along with the drug-cartels, rather than going after them harder. Usually when top officials like Guzman get captured though, war usually breaks out even harder and bloodier in Mexico against the DEA. I remember a couple of years ago, a reporter got captured and murdered, out in display, because he chose to keep reporting on some drug case. And at one point, it was ill advised to travel to Nuevo Laredo at all. I remember going, and you would see Mexican Army soldiers guarding entire streets, right after a particular drug war broke out.So all this then, is sort of a surprise, I guess.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

These drug dude bust are insane. They find the craziest shit ever. CLICK LINK TO See Crazy shit.

http://imgur.com/a/DYU2e

This pile of cash before it was counted was estimated to be approximately 18 Billion Dollars!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I recently saw a check related to drug funds seized by U.S. Marshalls. Turns out drugs are big business!

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Never saw this coming to be honest, not that it really means much in the long-run. Chapo was on the run for so long that he left it to a lot of his subordinates to handle most of the day-to-day business. We're not gonna see an end to this shit until the prohibition that spawned it gets thrown out the window. And neither the politicians nor the cartels wanna see that day ever come.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Aetheldod

Good ridance ... all I wish that they killed him , damn drug lords runing this country (and politicians too , they are the same shit). But heck I do believe he had a lot of "official" help , but since they have been going down hard on the Cabelleros Templarios cartel in Michocan , I guess there was a connection between them and el Chapo.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#6 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@bigjeffrey: Fuck me, that's a lot of cash in that house. Also, gold guns? Really?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bigjeffrey: Fuck me, that's a lot of cash in that house. Also, gold guns? Really?

Preorder bonus for preordering his drugs. Duh!

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The title made the impression that a 13yo kid was a Mexican drug Lord.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, real drug lords are that tacky that they buy gold guns.

TangyGeoduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see how long this sticks. Until he's extradited to the US or he's in whatever the Mexican equivalent of a SuperMax prison is, I'm not sure it's really a victory. Dude has too much money and connections.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Brendan

Well that's good, as far as I know the Los Zetas are the crazy dangerous/destructive ones though. They murder civilians real bad.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He completed all the handgun challenges?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Wheel keeps on turning. The cartels exist because there is demand for drugs and they meet it.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Hunter5024

Cool now someone can take his place to do exactly the same thing.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@hunter5024 said:

Cool now someone can take his place to do exactly the same thing.

Yea.

And I guess that's what Sinaloa cash gets you.

No Caption Provided