Useful information reguarding system requirements for PC games.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

This is one of the most handiest sites I've ever seen!  http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest  I've wanted to know if my PC could run The Sims 3, because I was not sure that if it would work.  Thanks to Hamz, I was able to find out.  It turns out that I only had one problem which was the lack of CPU speed.  It turns out that the requirement was

Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]You Have: 1.60 GHz

I have the Core 2 Duo processor in my computer, so I'm 0.2 GHz short If I lower some of the settings in the game, it should be able to runbecause everything else passed.

So if you're a person like me that doesn't know if a game would be able to run on your computer system, I encourage you to try out the siteI would like to thank Hamz again for his assistance and patience in showing me what I need to do and for showing me the website.  I'm glad that this site exists, and I would like everyone to know about it!!  Please feel free to leave your comments, questions, or possibly thanks here in the blog if you found the site useful.  Thanks for reading, and until next time.

:) Ty

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

This is one of the most handiest sites I've ever seen!  http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest  I've wanted to know if my PC could run The Sims 3, because I was not sure that if it would work.  Thanks to Hamz, I was able to find out.  It turns out that I only had one problem which was the lack of CPU speed.  It turns out that the requirement was

Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]You Have: 1.60 GHz

I have the Core 2 Duo processor in my computer, so I'm 0.2 GHz short If I lower some of the settings in the game, it should be able to runbecause everything else passed.

So if you're a person like me that doesn't know if a game would be able to run on your computer system, I encourage you to try out the siteI would like to thank Hamz again for his assistance and patience in showing me what I need to do and for showing me the website.  I'm glad that this site exists, and I would like everyone to know about it!!  Please feel free to leave your comments, questions, or possibly thanks here in the blog if you found the site useful.  Thanks for reading, and until next time.

:) Ty

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Nasar7

It's been around for years

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Brundage

if you cant tell whether or not you can run a pc game on your rig you shouldn't be playing pc games in the first place.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tireyo
@Nasar7 said:
" It's been around for years "
I never knew of the site, and I think everyone should know about it, if they don't know about it like I didn't.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude

Hey I passed, maybe one day I'll give Sims 3 a try.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tireyo
@Brundage said:
" if you cant tell whether or not you can run a pc game on your rig you shouldn't be playing pc games in the first place. "
Listen here, I'm going to play whatever PC game I want, and you are not going to tell me any different.  Also, if you can't help other people with a problem that is game related, then you should be ashamed to even call yourself a gamer.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tireyo
@Claude said:
" Hey I passed, maybe one day I'll give Sims 3 a try. "
I heard it's good!  Sims 2 was good, and the 3rd one is said to be better! :)
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond

You know, I meet the minimum requirements of Sims 3 easily, but as Sims 2 ran like a fucking dog on my system, I doubt Sims 3 would perform where I'd like it to.

Sims 2 performed so shittily for what I would expect, maybe Sims 3 is better that way though.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tireyo
@Diamond said:
" You know, I meet the minimum requirements of Sims 3 easily, but as Sims 2 ran like a fucking dog on my system, I doubt Sims 3 would perform where I'd like it to.Sims 2 performed so shittily for what I would expect, maybe Sims 3 is better that way though. "
That's a shame.  You never know what it'll do for sure until you get it I guess. :)
PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By PowerSerj
@Tireyo643 said:
"
@Brundage said:
" if you cant tell whether or not you can run a pc game on your rig you shouldn't be playing pc games in the first place. "
Listen here, I'm going to play whatever PC game I want, and you are not going to tell me any different."
You tell him, brother! Fight the power!
rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By rinkalicous

Warning- Your computer meeting the min requirements in no way means you can play the game. It means the applciation will open, and 'run' in the technical sense. However, my old pc 2 or 3 years ago could run Oblivion according to that site, but when I played it, I got 5 frames a second. On the title menu. Yeah.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Alexander

Minimum requirement usually means unplayable. Recommended usually means poor playability.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tireyo
@Rinkalicous said:
" Warning- Your computer meeting the min requirements in no way means you can play the game. It means the applciation will open, and 'run' in the technical sense. However, my old pc 2 or 3 years ago could run Oblivion according to that site, but when I played it, I got 5 frames a second. On the title menu. Yeah. "
Huh! Weird. :)
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tireyo
@Alexander said:
" Minimum requirement usually means unplayable. Recommended usually means poor playability. "
But everything passed, except the processor GHz!  So you think it won't be able to be played?
torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By torus

Alexander is right. For almost all modern games, the 'minimum' requirements means that the game will be nearly unplayable. Recommended settings means that you will be able to play it well on medium-high settings. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tireyo
@torus said:
" Alexander is right. For almost all modern games, the 'minimum' requirements means that the game will be nearly unplayable. Recommended settings means that you will be able to play it well on medium-high settings.  "
I'll have to see what happens.