• 161 results
#1 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

alrighty guys. here is my short story.

I have a huge crush on a girl in my office. we get along and everything, but I'm just stuck

number one, dating at work is pretty bad i know.

number two, does she really like me back or is it all in my head?

i play "words with friends" and "draw something" with her daily.

she plays a couple games with me every night before she goes to bed.

its has kinda turned in to a good-nite kiss for me every night, like i need it.

she plays me every night like clockwork. 10:30pm i know its game time.

she has missed like 1 night in 2 months now, and she was going to of town the next day to visit her sister in another state.

and she still played every night while she was gone.

So... is it in my head or is she being a girl and subtlely dropping me hints?

advise?

#2 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -
#3 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Don't cum in the company ink.

#4 Posted by iMort (13 posts) -

Picture of Ryan in 3... 2... 1...

#5 Posted by AjayRaz (12423 posts) -

@artgarcrunkle said:

Don't cum in the company ink.

words to live by. i've been there.

#6 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

@iMort: Too late!

Don't date one of your co-workers. Period.

#7 Edited by Lyniz (115 posts) -

im 32 she is 24, trying to find a different job in the time being. not gonna do anything till after that happens

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
You said she likes games.
#9 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Touch her shoulder.

If that doesn't work, fake your own death.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Is that our "touch her shoulder" now?

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9650 posts) -

@Lyniz said:

advise?

Stop being a pussy and ask her out. If she says no then that's that.

#12 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

Walk her partway home.

#13 Posted by SquirrelGOD (501 posts) -

It's simple, my friend: Look deeply into her eyes. Put your hands on her shoulder. Bring her in gently, and hug her softly. Then, after a few moments of bliss, gently whisper into her ear "I want you inside of me." You can thank me in your wedding vows.

#14 Posted by AlexW00d (6227 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

I thought fake your own death came before the touch her shoulder?

#15 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@SquirrelGOD said:

It's simple, my friend: Look deeply into her eyes. Put your hands on her shoulder. Bring her in gently, and hug her softly. Then, after a few moments of bliss, gently whisper into her ear "I want you inside of me." You can thank me in your wedding vows.

Only would do that.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

I'm having trouble picturing the logistics of this scenario.

#17 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Draw a penis in Draw Something.

#18 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (731 posts) -

I find it weird that you're asking for "girl" advice at age 32 with her being 24. You're a man and she's a woman. Anyway.

I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I've heard it said that women like it if you're direct and upfront about your feelings and intent. Although due to the amount of time you've spent dicking around on knock-off Scrabble or whatever you've probably ended up in the friendzone. If that is the case, just be a good friend, don't force the issue or get pissy if she turns you down.

In any event, stop worrying about what could happen and just deal with whatever DOES happen. If she wants to go out with you, great. If she doesn't, it's not the end of the world. But remember to remain her friend.

Also I just noticed your second post about waiting to get a new job before doing anything? Are you serious? If so, give up now.

And since the theme of this thread thus far has been somewhat sarcastic responses, let me add mine:

Run at her with your dick out screaming "I WANT TO DATE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

#19 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

I'd say it's worth pursuing, but the fact you're co-workers is bad mojo. Here's what I would do in this situation:|

You know for sure she's looking for another job? Take that and run with it. First date is you helping her find her dream job.

The idea of waiting for her to move on to a different company is good (and bless you for not wanting to make the work place awkward) but if she's a winner you don't want to risk the chance of losing her to another man. You can casually inform her of your feelings without it poisoning the working relationship.

Two things to keep in mind though. Do it in person (NO RECORD, BURY HER IN THE WOODS IF IT GOES BAD) and if you're her superior - don't bring up shit till she's no longer on payroll.

#20 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

With out more information i can do not know, but it sounds like she eather has daddy issues or you are reading too much into it.

#21 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

do i make it awkward by asking? id think so.

don't want to mess up whats here already?

OH, and she is a Church pastors daughter!! WTF

(and I'm in a terrible marriage and maybe reading into this way too much)

(got kids and the whole lot) (still married for the kids sake, but its not really working)

#22 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

You should suggest an in person game night. Either that or have a drink with her after work. Ever seen that show on MTV friend zone? That is like my philosophy bro.

#23 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse: LOL

#24 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Seriously though, you need to get a fat stack of 20's out of the ATM and "accidentally" let it fall out of your shirt pocket near her at work.

#25 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

These girl advice threads are so predictable and lazy now-a-days. It's on cue that you'll see that stupid picture, and c'mon "she's plays draw something & words with friends on a nightly basis, it's like a goodnight kiss, does she love me?"

Come the fuck on. I remember when the Ultimate Man asked us all for "some advice". Some advice was needed! What is this shit?

#26 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Easy thing to do, you find a new job, as you are leaving then get her info & then you can go further with the relationship. If she finds a new job first then strike before she leaves.

#27 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

@artgarcrunkle: LOL

#28 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

@Dagbiker: both things i am already thinking about.

#29 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

@Lyniz said:

(got kids and the whole lot) (still married for the kids sake, but its not really working)

This thread just went from "I need to post about how sad this is" to "Oh jeez, I better just not post".

#30 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Touch her shoulder.

Looks like this thread's been taken care of. There's no more advice left to give after that.

#31 Posted by AlexW00d (6227 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@AlexW00d said:

@Video_Game_King said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

I'm having trouble picturing the logistics of this scenario.

As in 'touch her shoulder' is the new 'fake your own death'?

#32 Posted by Welding (144 posts) -

Just. Ask. Her. Out. Silly!

Seriously, the longer you wait the more you friendzone / colleague zone / whatever yourself!

Just go out and do it, you dummy!

#33 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@AlexW00d:

No, more like "how do you fake your death AND THEN move into touching shoulder"?

#34 Posted by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

@Lyniz said:

Wait what? On second thought do not walk her partway home, if only for your financial well being. I hear divorce is expensive.

#35 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

i know, my shi% i fucked up right now. I've gone to friend zone and back with no problems, not worried about that. this girl is like the girl me, don't know if that is good or bad. we think exactly the same from i can tell. very precise and methodical with everything

#36 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

This sounds like a classic friendzone story, sorry bud.

#37 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

@S0ndor: i agree, but who plays games all religiously like that with a work friend?

#38 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@Lyniz said:

@VinceNotVance said:

These girl advice threads are so predictable and lazy now-a-days. It's on cue that you'll see that stupid picture, and c'mon "she's plays draw something & words with friends on a nightly basis, it's like a goodnight kiss, does she love me?"

Come the fuck on. I remember when the Ultimate Man asked us all for "some advice". Some advice was needed! What is this shit?

BUT THERE'S A TWISSSTT!!

#39 Posted by Grillbar (1807 posts) -

@Hizang said:

properly the most used photo on giantbomb

#40 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

id rather be in the friend zone over no zone

#41 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

@Jams: dam right there is a twist!

#42 Posted by BonOrbitz (2182 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Touch her shoulder.

#43 Posted by Zor (654 posts) -

@Lyniz said:

id rather be in the friend zone over no zone

If you have feelings for her, then you aren't in the friend zone...

The relationship you have now, isn't healthy, and asking her out will end that. What happens after that is up to you two. And if she does turn you down, make sure to get a real reason when it happens, that way you can quickly end any notions that it might change in the future (i.e. don't settle for the 'want to stay friend' line, if it really is 'she doesn't find you attractive').

#44 Posted by BSw (252 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

@Lyniz said:

advise?

Stop being a pussy and ask her out. If she says no then that's that.

Exactly. She at least likes you enough to spend a shitload of time playing a dumb game with you, so asking her to go out with you doesn't seem like a weird question at this point. If anything, it's bit late. Just be yourself, be honest, and ask her if she wants to get a drink with you at your local bar after work or something.

#45 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

No offense, but it's hard to believe the OP is an adult.

Anyways....just go out for a few drinks and you'll soon find the answers you're looking for

#46 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

actually smart advise! thanks!

#47 Edited by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I would not get involved. There will likely be no meaningful relationship sparked.

Playing games with you =/ wanting a relationship.

#48 Edited by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Hey if you're actually an adult who is realposting wait until your kids are out of the house, get a divorce and try not to Benoit your family.

#49 Posted by Choffy (443 posts) -

It sounds like you're reading way too much into it. But still, go for it. Worst case scenario is you have to hide a dead body.

#50 Posted by Lyniz (115 posts) -

@artgarcrunkle: LOL. didn't get he reference at first! But thats what i have been doing. its fu@ked.

wait 10 more years huh?