Veronica Mars Movie to be Kickstarted

• 51 results
rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I loved this show and am glad they are trying to make a movie. It's something that has been talked about since the show was cancelled. I'm glad they are giving fans the choice, if you really want to see this movie happen, then help us. Any other Veronica Mars fans out there?? Are you going to donate??

Veronica Mars Kickstarter page

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By InternetDotCom

This is literally the most important thing ever.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But she's like 50 years old now and Veronica Mars was a teenage detective sort of person?

shenstra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I got really excited for a moment there, but then I noticed all the actual rewards are only shipped within the US. No option to pay a bit extra to cover shipping abroad. Guess they don't want my dirty Euros... >_>

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

damn the speaking line reward is already gone i was hoping to be discovered :<

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5/600 bucks and you can get Kristen Bell to tell you you're awesome or whatever else you want (within good taste)... x)

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm most interested in seeing if my gf and her sister who made me watch the show in the first place will put their money behind this movie after saying how they wanted it to come out so bad. Honestly the first season was real good, the second ok and the third was bleh so I'm whatever about the whole thing. I just like these opportunities for fans to show up and actually support something they are vocal about.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#8  Edited By tearhead

Clicked the link to the Kickstarter and thought, "Hey, it's Lucy from Assassin's Creed!" Know absolutely nothing about the show, though, so good luck with all that.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rebgav

Kickstarter could be used to bring good, innovative new products to the consumer without having to cajole cynical conservative business types into supporting your idea.

Or, you know, it could be used to prop-up aging and irrelevant licenses by crowd-sourcing funding in the event that even its corporate owners aren't dumb enough to dump their own money into it.

I'm sure that fans of the show would like a Veronica Mars movie. Do they want the Veronica Mars movie that 2 million dollars buys you in 2013? Warner Bros can't scrape up $2mil for this? This seems like the worst kind of abuse of the concept of Kickstarter, creating a no-lose proposition for WB so that the company which owns Batman doesn't lose a couple of bucks on Veronica Mars.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is.... is that worth watching? I've heard the name tossed around before, but is the appeal mostly nostalgia at this point or is it actually a quality series?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Someone already put up 10K...There's some rich Veronica Mars fans out there...

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This is one show who's fandom I will never understand. When can we get back to important things like making sure that Party Down movie happens?

PersonaUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will this include what happened in Assassins creed

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ravelle

Just today I discovered you need an creditcard/amazon account for donating kickstarter projects.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is.... is that worth watching? I've heard the name tossed around before, but is the appeal mostly nostalgia at this point or is it actually a quality series?

Yes. It's one of my favorite shows of all time.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck, I'm so hyped for this. It's finally going to happen...

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's pretty god damn awesome. It was the role Kristen Bell was born to play, and she's never gotten anything as good since. It's really something

And it's not that old, it ended in 2007. Nostalgia takes longer than that to kick in.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they get in more than two million that'll go towards the nudity fund of the movie so that's a good cause to keep giving right?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They broke DoubleFine's record.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Praise be to the internet.

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By unequivocable

When my buddy told me to watch Veronica Mars I mocked him relentlessly. He kept at it and so I finally watched it and was totally hooked within a couple episodes. Then I became the one being mocked as I tried to sell it to other people--but so far everyone I've recommended it to who watched it loved it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet. I loved that show. Although it would be a ways off since Kristen Bell is pregnant at the moment.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ten Hours and Twenty minutes to get two million. There are a lot of fans out there. The person who told me to watch it, I mocked them too. Once I watched it I was hooked right away. It really does sound dumb but they do such a good job. It's worth going back and watching if people like mysteries. I'm excited for the movie!!!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next. Firefly reboot. Go.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while we're at it, season 8 of buffy pl0x

(though i'm probably the only person who really liked how it ended)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TruthTellah

And... it's funded. Within 12 hours. @_@

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfp93b382l1qd82eco1_400.gif

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

So I've wanted to watch this show mostly because I know that a bunch of people who appeared on Party Down were on it.

I should get around to that.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Finally we can see how it all ends.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

there already is a season 8 of buffy though!

it's a comic book series but whatever, written and overseen by whedon.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they pretend the abysmal third season never happened, because fuck that shit. Also, I hope everyone has gotten better at acting.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I suppose now I'll check out Veronica Mars over the summer. It seems fun.

@animasta said:

@ripelivejam said:

there already is a season 8 of buffy though!

it's a comic book series but whatever, written and overseen by whedon.

First 2 issues are alright. That's as much as I've read so far. Of course it's a lot more fantastical and expansive than an actual season 8 would have been. But one early line in the first book was particularly hysterical, mostly because I only watched the episode of Angel that it referenced a couple weeks ago.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mrsignerman44

I've never even seen the show and that was the best kickstarter video I've ever seen. I actually want to watch the show now in order to get ready for the now funded movie.

Now, if only they could get that My Name Is Earl movie off the ground...

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That show was pretty bad, but I guess people liked it...

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rentfn

@mrsignerman44: Do you watch Raising Hope. They had a My Name is Earl reunion a few episodes ago. It was pretty funny.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mrsignerman44

@rentfn: Yes I did, it was pretty great! But ultimately, it made me want My Name is Earl to come back even more.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Genkkaku

I'm still waiting for them to open up International shipping, and then the Kickstarter can have my soul

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By penguindust

Sure...right after the Gilmore Girls movie.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genkkaku said:

I'm still waiting for them to open up International shipping, and then the Kickstarter can have my soul

Yeah it's kind of lame that any form of support I would want to give them for the goodies, ship only within US. I mean c'mon, there are people who have pledged $5000+ on that page, and they can't even have shipping to Canada?

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone already put up 10K...There's some rich Veronica Mars fans out there...

Kevin Smith straight up said it was the best show on TV at the time.

"Back before I did my stint on “Mars”, Dan Etheridge sent over the entire first season on discs, but I never got around to peeping ‘em out. Big mistake. Because by midway through the pilot, Schwalbach and I are hooked, big time. We immediately watch the next two episodes before going to bed…

We put her to bed, then finish watching out the rest of “Mars” Season One.

This is, hands-down, the best show on television right now, and proof that TV can be far better than cinema. The cast is pretty uniformly excellent, and the dialogue crackles. Excellent characterization – even with the day-players – makes it the most engaging new show I’ve seen since “Degrassi: The Next Generation”, but the heart and soul of the show is the relationship between Father and Daughter, Keith and Veronica Mars.

The fact that Kristen Bell and Enrico Colantoni (“Those poor people…” from the severely underrated “Galaxy Quest”) weren’t Emmy nominated proves how ****ing out of touch and useless the Emmy Awards are to begin with. The tender and witty repartee between these two wonderful actors makes you want to be a better parent. And a big shout-out to Jason Dohring’s Logan Echolls - a masterfully designed and performed nemesis whose twists and turns are always credible.

The show is basically an amalgam of some of the best TV ever produced, with each formula improved upon – chiefly, one clearly sees a “Twin Peaks” influence, with the year-long mystery surrounding the murder of party girl Lilly Kane. But whereas I always felt the brilliant “Twin Peaks” should’ve been a maxi-series, wrapping up the Laura Palmer murder in twelve episodes, “Mars” manages to thread the needle with the Lilly Kane murder so well, it never feels marginalized or played out over 22 episodes. And unlike “Peaks”, when the murderer is revealed and the storyline wrapped up in the final ep, it doesn’t feel like the show’s outlived its relevance; thanks to the crisp writing, the deft fleshing-out of the “Mars” universe and the endearing cast, you’re left wanting Veronica’s story to continue.

If you haven’t seen this show, good God, get your hands on the Season One box set. Sadly, it arrives in stores a few weeks after the start of season two, so if you haven’t seen any of Season One, make sure to TiVo Season Two’s first few eps, but don’t watch them, ‘lest you spoil the amazingly plotted Season One (however, I will say this: I was informed who the killer was before I even started watching “Mars”, and even so, it never took anything away from my enjoyment of the run).

In a lifetime of dedicated television watching, “Veronica Mars” is easily one of the five best shows I’ve ever dug.

After watching the seat-of-your-pants season finale, Schwalbach and I go to bed around one, as sated as if we’d been ****ing for twenty two hours, instead of simply watching a TV show."

Like he says, really snappy writing and in general just a lot of fun to watch. Very smart show.

ienkub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure...right after the Gilmore Girls movie.

*squeal* yes please!

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@benny: Yeah, the season one box also just has an insert of positive quotes from beloved 'nerd' writers.(Stephen King, Joss Whedon, etc)

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I liked Veronica a lot more than I liked the actual show. It wasn't bad, but a lot of the plot stuff felt sloppy and characters seemed to just come and go as they were needed to move the plot and otherwise hardly existed. So, a movie presumably about Veronica being an FBI agent? Sure. I just hope they make the mystery something that you can put together yourself in a reasonable way.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wolverine

I love Veronica Mars. It really aged, but in a good way. It's nostalgic, it captures the 2000's well. I really would donate, but I'm in college and have limited spending money, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it! Do you think it'll be in theaters at all?

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Genkkaku

@genkkaku said:

Yeah it's kind of lame that any form of support I would want to give them for the goodies, ship only within US. I mean c'mon, there are people who have pledged $5000+ on that page, and they can't even have shipping to Canada?

Yeah it is odd, I don't understand not even shipping to Canada, I do wonder what the specific issue is "We've run into a couple thorny issues. It's not about the shipping cost. If it were that easy, we'd already be doing it. Keep checking back. We hope to have an answer in a week or two."

Like is Veronica Mars illegal outside of The States? I know the DVD's took ages to come out in Aus because of music licencing, but there not even allowing shipping of the finished DVD, I hope it doesn't take to long, a week or two is already halfway through the campaign..

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NekuSakuraba

She is a Templar, don't lie to yourselves. Will you fund Abstergio? You monsters.

Also, I haven't watched much of Veronica Mars but it seems like a pretty good show, maybe this will encourage me to give it another viewing.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine: It seems like they want it in theaters.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Well that escalated quickly.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jams

@genkkaku said:
@liquidprince said:

@genkkaku said:

Yeah it is odd, I don't understand not even shipping to Canada, I do wonder what the specific issue is "We've run into a couple thorny issues. It's not about the shipping cost. If it were that easy, we'd already be doing it. Keep checking back. We hope to have an answer in a week or two."

Like is Veronica Mars illegal outside of The States? I know the DVD's took ages to come out in Aus because of music licencing, but there not even allowing shipping of the finished DVD, I hope it doesn't take to long, a week or two is already halfway through the campaign..

You guys need to quit bitching so damn much.

Wow and Thank You.

Update #1 · Mar. 14, 2013 · 106 comments

Holy cow, what a day. As of 4 a.m. CT, we're just over $2.5M dollars. We couldn't be happier. We really couldn't. My wife says I'm insufferable, but she said that four days ago in anticipation of a day like today.

A couple important announcements. First, please know we are trying to make international donations a possibility. We are running into a couple thorny issues, but we want it to happen. It might take a week or two before we have an answer, but keep checking back. Know that we hear you, and we're trying our best.

We can't believe we've topped out on so many of our bigger reward packages. We're working on coming up with some new high end rewards. This might also take a few days, but more will appear.

Lastly, thousands of questions have come in through the Kickstarter site. We're making our way through them. They will all get answered, but it may take a few days. A lot of them are real stumpers.

Thank you so much,

Rob

Credit http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project/posts
Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Genkkaku

@jams: A) Wasn't bitching, just wondering why they hadn't opened up International yet because I want to give it my money and B) I have read that update, I also directly quoted the "Thorny Issues" thing..

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genkkaku said:

@jams: A) Wasn't bitching, just wondering why they hadn't opened up International yet because I want to give it my money and B) I have read that update, I also directly quoted the "Thorny Issues" thing..

Sorry it wasn't really directed at you, just that I get tired of people getting mad when they're restrained from doing something. Yeah it sucks, but you know how these big businesses work with all their legal bullshit they have to go through. It's a wonder that they can do anything at all.