• 66 results
#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Okay, this may not be that original of a thread but I haven't seen it discussed in a while. If you had to get a video game tattoo, what would you get? I would personally get something subtle that doesn't shout ''HEY LOOK, VIDEO GAMES'' and has some more meaning to it, but I'm not sure what exactly because I've never really thought about it due to the fact that I most likely would never get a tattoo (nothing personal of course, they look nice but they just aren't something I'm interested in)

What would you get?

#2 Posted by Hunter5024 (5163 posts) -

I think a tattoo should have lots of meaning behind it, so I wouldn't get a video game tattoo because that's about as lame as a band tattoo. If I were to get one though I'd do a 3 man triforce tattoo with my buddies. I'd take Wisdom.

#3 Posted by StarvingGamer (7547 posts) -

As cliche as it may sound, probably an N7 on one of my arms or my neck or something.

#4 Posted by DarthOrange (3495 posts) -

A giant orange Crash Bandicoot that covered my entire back.

#5 Edited by BeachThunder (11253 posts) -

I wouldn't. I'm not the tatau kind of person. If I were, I suppose I would want BioShock chains on my wrists. But, that's never going to happen, at least not in this reality.

#6 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4279 posts) -

As cliche as it may sound, probably an N7 on one of my arms or my neck or something.

You think that's bad? I got an N7 over my heart. Yeah, I'm that big of a dweeb.

#7 Posted by ThunderSlash (1364 posts) -

I would have the words "FUCK RYAN DAVIS" tattooed onto my torso.

#8 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9722 posts) -

For whatever reason, my first thought when I saw this was, "Oh, what have you done now, NekuSakuraba?"

I'm a little disappointed that this wasn't a story about poor decisions leading up to a goofy tattoo.

If I could get a tatau like Far Cry 3 that actually gave me super human abilities, then sure. But only if it gave me those powers. And if I wore long sleeve shirts all the time. And I hate long sleeve shirts.

#9 Posted by TooWalrus (12968 posts) -

A man chooses. A slave obeys.

#10 Edited by Genkkaku (730 posts) -

I'd probably get on of the 27 true runes from Suikoden.. Now that I think about it I might, they're subtle enough that the won't look from a game..

My mate is pretty much covered in game tattoo's, he has the Nintendo seal of approval on his calf, his left leg has a Mario Bros themed tattoo that wraps around his whole leg and the Umbrella symbol on his upper back..

#11 Posted by RVonE (4474 posts) -

I'd probably get something classic like the triforce or maybe a particular phrase that has personal meaning to me. Either that or Cortana's patterns all over my body.

#12 Posted by theodacourt (510 posts) -

It's probably the most fanboy thing 'eva'...but a lambda symbol, perhaps in a circle. I would never get a tatau though so it's a futile argument anyway.

#13 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2994 posts) -

I would never get a tattoo, let alone a video game tattoo. I just don't understand the fascination with it, and frankly they're kind of gross.

#14 Posted by Village_Guy (2402 posts) -

I would probably never get a tattoo, but if I had to get one I would go all the way silly and overboard, so maybe like this:

#15 Edited by zudthespud (3276 posts) -

I know someone with the Assassin's Creed logo on the inside of one wrist and a companion cub on the other. I don't think I'd ever get one of a game, it's not really a passion of mine it's just sort of a hobby.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

I would get the whole log of Planescape: Torment tattooed on my back, a reference to the fact that the protagonist in Torment just used his body as his Jornal, because every time he died he would loose all worldly possessions.

#17 Posted by madpierrot (66 posts) -

I'd personally never get a tatoo, but I've seen two that friends of mine have that I actually think are pretty awesome. One has a tattoo of Side Show Bob from The Simpsons smoking a cigar and the other has this tattoo that somehow perfectly blends the Decepticons and Cobra logos together for this awesome combination of 80's cartoon evil. It's pretty amazing.

#18 Edited by psylah (2153 posts) -

I'd get a tattoo across my chest that says "I'll regret this".

#19 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

I always wanted to get a triforce on my hand. But then that would cause issues with jobs and such.

#20 Edited by BeachThunder (11253 posts) -

@sexytoad said:

I always wanted to get a triforce on my hand. But then that would cause issues with jobs and such.

...Unless your job was saving the world!

#21 Posted by MattyFTM (14240 posts) -

I'd love to get a tattoo someday, but I'm so indecisive that I'll never be able to choose what to get. I'm thinking either an Aperture Science logo or an Atari logo. But on another day I'd go for something completely different.

#22 Posted by i_got_an_F (25 posts) -

Would never get a video game tattoo. Hard enough to pick one in general.

#23 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

A scared Luigi on my butt.

#24 Posted by Nightriff (4332 posts) -

Triforce on my back, also thought about getting the triforce/master sword/hylian shield all together on my back...but now that I'm married it will never happen...sniff

#25 Edited by Matt (937 posts) -

I've toyed with the thought but I haven't got an idea good enough or dumb enough to get it permanently etched into my body.

#26 Posted by oldenglishC (858 posts) -

I'd probably go with a Piranha Plant coming up out of my b-hole, or the persona Mara across my entire chest.

#27 Posted by fetchfox (1158 posts) -

Hm, I might get a variety of the tattoo of Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza games.

#28 Posted by deadmoscow (259 posts) -

I've got three tattoos already, mostly taken from literature (last line of The Waste Land in Sanskrit on my inner forearm, an ouroboros wrapping around my upper arm, and the Eye of the Crimson King from the Dark Tower on my chest). I've always considered getting one of the sigils from Shadow of the Colossus on my calf or somewhere around my knees (since they're pretty much my "weak point").

#29 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2149 posts) -

I never considered getting one before except now I'm toying woth the idea of getting the Shadow of the Colossus sigil on my chest (it would have meaning for me in addition to not being an obvious video game refrenced tattoo)

#30 Posted by EVO (3775 posts) -

I reckon a Rez or Journey sleeve would be badass, but if I ever got a tattoo it would have to be something of my own creation, such as the logo for the game I'm working on.

#31 Posted by BeachThunder (11253 posts) -

@evo said:

I reckon a Rez or Journey sleeve would be badass, but if I ever got a tattoo it would have to be something of my own creation, such as the logo for the game I'm working on.

Evoland??

#32 Edited by joseffthered (71 posts) -

I've thought about getting Kain's glyph as a tattoo

#33 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

Get the FFX sphere grid tattooed on my back.

#34 Posted by Ramone (2931 posts) -

Maybe a little Journey dude on my wrist

#35 Posted by uniform (1830 posts) -

#36 Posted by HarlechQuinn (438 posts) -

Gaming related tattoos I have at the moment:

Arms: Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble), Dig Dug & Fygar (Dig Dug), Tetris blocks, Alice & Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice), Little Sister (Bioshock), Amaterasu (Okami), Space Invaders, Le Chuck (Monkey Island), Bomber (Final Fantasy), King of Shadows (NWN 2), Tribal Wolf (Twilight Princess).

Legs: Archon (Boxart), Marvellous Chester (Dark Souls)

#37 Edited by BeachThunder (11253 posts) -

Gaming related tattoos I have at the moment:

Arms: Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble), Dig Dug & Fygar (Dig Dug), Tetris blocks, Alice & Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice), Little Sister (Bioshock), Amaterasu (Okami), Space Invaders, Le Chuck (Monkey Island), Bomber (Final Fantasy), King of Shadows (NWN 2), Tribal Wolf (Twilight Princess).

Legs: Archon (Boxart), Marvellous Chester (Dark Souls)

You can't just mention all of that without posting an image :(

#38 Edited by HarlechQuinn (438 posts) -

@beachthunder: You can find some lousy pics (taken by myself) here... But those are only a few of them, but by watching those I saw that I also forgot the Bomberman tattoo... The next time I'll go to my tattoo artist I'll ask if he can send me the pics he has taken, those should be better quality pics.

#39 Posted by gaminghooligan (1342 posts) -

#40 Edited by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

A Brotherhood of Steel Paladin perhaps or a Vault Boy. Something from Fallout came to mind basically.

#41 Edited by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Or the three Atlamillia, Blue on the left wrist for the past, Red on the right for the future, and yellow around the upper sternum.

Not that I would ever get a tattoo for any reason.

#42 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

A Brotherhood of Steel Paladin perhaps or a Vault Boy. Something from Fallout came to mind basically.

Will you put it on the other hip, to mirror your cutie mark?

#43 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

@psylah said:

@internetcrab said:

I'm not even sure if that was an insult or not, but good one.

#44 Posted by psylah (2153 posts) -

@psylah said:

@internetcrab said:

I'm not even sure if that was an insult or not, but good one.

Of course not, and it's a shame that you should have to take it with a grain of salt.

Besides, everyone knows the cutie mark goes on BOTH hips.

#45 Edited by beardfish (110 posts) -

this tattoo

i mean tatau

#46 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (418 posts) -

"Johnny Cage" spelled out across my chest.

#47 Posted by MethodMan008 (796 posts) -

My only video game tattoo is really small.. It's the symbol on Akuma's back.

#48 Edited by Jimbo (9708 posts) -
#49 Posted by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@dagbiker said:

I would get the whole log of Planescape: Torment tattooed on my back, a reference to the fact that the protagonist in Torment just used his body as his Jornal, because every time he died he would loose all worldly possessions.

People would just be all "Oh, cool Memento tattoos, buddy."

#50 Posted by mlarrabee (2755 posts) -

The one tattoo I ever considered was the three chain links from BioShock.

So glad I never did it.