#1 Edited by Musou (383 posts) -

I'm sure a lot of you enjoy, as I do, Vinny & Drew's amazing collection of royalty-free songs that we get to listen sometimes on the livestreams. Searching though AudioNetwork (which's very likely the website they acquired most of their catalog) we have found these:

SongDescriptionWhen was it used?Who found it?
28 Hours a DayFrom Jeff's Band, Midnight Brown, sick bass, not actually royalty free (I guess)ILM and Video Reviews, among other stuff.Snail
Back To The HoodDramatic hip hop with menacing string stabs & funky guitar riffBefore some livestream, can't quite point out which oneevil_gordita

Battleships, The - Videocopilot (better sound)

Grand orchestral theme. Builds up. Kinda reminiscent of "Pirates of the Caribbean"TNT Themehamst3r / drewbert

Beach Ball

Upbeat electronica with strong rhythm sectionE3 2013: The Longest Daydrwaffles
Beats MeLaid back, Latin infused jazz hip hop with nylon guitar, funky bass & saxFirst song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Below Asteroids

An arrangement from EVE Online's Soundtrack, not actually royalty free

Third song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Best In The Business

Positive corporate motivational pop with powerful vocals

Bombcast 25/02/2014mrblobby64
Best Of Times

Light, bright & positive nu folk with cheerful female vocal topline

"The Workplace" GOTY 2012 videovoid
Better Just Surrender 2

Dark duelling MCs with old school beat, crew chorus & crowd fx

Bombcast 02/04/2014tbennett5438
Big Little Kid

Catchy new wave folk with piano, double bass, punky guitar & kids' choir

Video Thing: That's so Ryan!putemonsteret
Biggest Fan 2

Contemporary, uplifting & cool pop/dance song

Before 06/27/2013 TNTmusou
Bounce It BigMenacing & stabbing hip hop with unrelenting arpeggio synth riffsBefore several livestreamsvoid
Bouncy CastleFun, upbeat, vocally led kid's popDay 3 E3 2013 Break Songoobir
Bubble BathVintage ballroom Cha Cha with quirky brass & chirpy fluteSeventh song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Café Jazz 2Jaunty French gypsy jazz underscore. Acoustic guitars onlyFifth song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Call, TheAggressive dance groove with Middle Eastern vocalPlayed before Monaco's TNT (05/02/2013)musou
Cheeky HoodyHip-Hop groove with vocals, big bass riff, Hammond & guitarsDuring the (04/19/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymirado
City of Culture
Uplifting Asian fusion with Chinese violin & harp above laid back grooveTitanfall Streammrpeabody
Clap Your HandsReggae dancehall with dark, urban bass lineBefore (05/10/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymusou
Coconut DreamsSundrenched, Hawaiian flavoured fun with lap steel guitar & ukuleleSixth song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Course PoursuiteFast, fun bright Hot Club of France10/22/2013 Bombcastkekon
Crunk itCrunk/hip hop stomper with dirty synths & male chantsBefore the GDC 2013 After Hoursdrewbert
Dance MachineFrenetic electronica with phat synth, quirky vocal samples & huge pumping compression10/18/2013 Unprofessional Fridaycodicier
Dance of Dragons
Positive, upbeat groove with Chinese horn & Asian flute melodiesTitanfall Streammrpeabody
Dapper DanUpbeat string theme with vintage orchestra from Hollywood's golden ageE3 2014: Day 01 Show Floor Highlightswastrel
Day In The SunQuintessentially quirky ditty with marimba, piano, whistling & guitarE3 2014: Day 01 Show Floor Highlightswastrel
Day of DoomOrchestral, menacing. A little reminiscent of LoTR.Before (04/09/2013) Unprofessional Fridaysmusou
Detectives in a CarUrgent, retro funk with smooth brassRight before (04/05/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymirado
Devil's BrewQuirky swamp blues song about demon alcohol with grizzled male vocalBombcast 02/04/2014tbennett5438

Dish Of The Day

Fun & energetic rock 'n' roll blues with male vocals all about foodFood song played before E3 2014 Day 2 Recapbeardyduck
Do ItDirty riffs & beats instrumentalBefore Injustice's TNT (04/18/2013)musou
Duck Juice

Quirky fun groove with recorders, Jews harp & mandolin. Rayman Origins-ish

Used sparsely on livestreamsevil_gordita
ElevatorRetro, insipid elevator lounge groove with cheesy flute & horn04/15/2014 Bombcast - Ad Segmenthamst3r
Energy Wave

Driving electronica with high energy melody & afterparty atmosphere

E3 2013: The Longest Daydrwaffles
Fast EddieRemix of Love BirdsProbably played at some pointstalefishies
Fiesta BravaLight pop Latin with big brass playingFourth song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Fight TimeFull on Big Beat / Rock. Retro cool guitar riffs with aggressive drums bassBefore Giant Bomb: Crossing The Streams! (05/20/2013)musou
Fire DancerFiery Latin stomper with Flamenco guitars, brass, hand claps & accordionE3 2013: The Longest Daydrwaffles
Flickering ShadowsAtmospheric harp with echo delay effect & marimba1st day of E3 2013butano
FriendshipLudicrously jolly tune with bouncy piano, finger clicks & whistled melody9/20/2013 Unprofessional Fridayvoid
Ghetto Bird

Hip Hop, Urban, Angry, Energetic, Hi-Tech, Serious

E3 Bombcast Break songdrewbert
Got The Cream 2

Upbeat sexy RnB underscore

Before Giant Bomb: Crossing The Streams! (05/20/2013) (Or Magicka Livestream if you prefer)musou
Great Big Smile 2

Chirpy doo wop singing group over cool swinging jazz combo

E3 2014: Coverage Uncoveredwastrel
Gypsy TattooPumping electro house with gypsy jazz guitar & zany vocal texturesGDC 2013 Day 2 After Hours Livestreamcrazer119
Happy Hours (not actual name)
Fast acoustic guitars, very quirky. Actual song unknown.Used a lot during the old Happy Hoursexplosivo
Hard HittaUrban hip-hop groove, with dramatic stabs & urban chantsBefore (05/10/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymusou
Harlem Hot ClubChilled, finger clicking Latin hip hop with nylon guitar, sexy sax & vocal fxBefore (3/14/14) Unprofessional Fridayjediknight00719
HipstraBastion-sounding songUsed sparsely on livestreamsTheHT
HouseboatFeelgood Cajun song about building a houseboat. Male vocal11/12/2013 Bombcastkekon
I Want YouUrban RnB pop instrumentalBefore (04/09/2013) Professional Fridaysmirado
Identity RevisitedRetro drama with crunchy brass & cool grooveBefore Giant Bomb: Crossing The Streams! (05/20/2013) (Or Magicka Livestream if you prefer)musou
Into the VoidTeeth shattering mix of rocktronica with atmospheric breakdowns09/20/2013 Unprofessional Fridaysevil_gordita
It's A Long WayPub piano & male vocal arrangement of WW1 song. 'Good' mic versionE3 2014: Coverage Uncoveredkalnet101
Jazz Warriors 2Cool, fast, optimistic jazz underscore with walking bass line. No brassSecond song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Lady JazzClassic, 1940s big band swingE3 2013: The Longest Daydrewbert
Latin Street PartyHot Latin party mix with staccato brass, pumping beats & trumpet soloE3 2013 Day 3 Stream Breakteeknuts
Liquid Lounge, TheSlow & scratchy jazz bass & trip hop underscoreThird or fourth song in the (04/09/2013) Jurassic Lark broadcastmirado
Lock DownBombastic vintage soul with a driving groove, brass & male vocalIn the end of "Cop Show" in the Day Three Recap of GOTY 2012 featuresahgunsillyo
Love BirdsThe whistle song Vinny was REALLY into some time ago.Before/during/after various livestreamsmusou
Memories of BennyNostalgic, smooth 1940s big band. Featured clarinetEight and final song on the Giant Bomb Travelogue: Icelanddrewbert
Million to OnePumping 1980s electro house song about lost love with processed male vocalE3 2013: The Longest Daydrewbert
Mister SunshineHappy-go-lucky French gypsy jazz with guitars, violin & swinging bassE3 2014: John, John, John, and Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) RAWwastrel
Neon Dreams1980s influenced dreamy synth electro popVarious livestreamssheetsy77
Party HardClubbing pop song with quirky synths & auto tuned vocals. Kinda sounds like Ke$haBefore/during/after various livestreamsmusou
PC BobChildren's song about a helpful policemanVinny used it once. That's all I gotalpha1
Permission to LandFunky electro instrumentalRight before the start of the Bioshock Infinite spoiler livestreampsychohead
Pimp My BassYear of the Bow theme.A couple times on livestreamschainreaction01
Pious ReflectionPeaceful sombre choir & organ in big churchLast song in the (04/09/2013) Jurassic Larkmirado
Putcha In Da GraveyardDark spooky hip hop with pizzicato strings & Theremin-style leadDuring waiting time for several livestreamsvoid
RaspberryInfectious, cheerful whistling sillinessBreaking Brad: Volgarr The Viking
Red CarpetDriving funk/big beat. Slap bass, vintage vinyl effects & sampled brassBefore (04/09/2013) Professional Fridaysmirado
Red SeptemberDramatic martial orchestra with deep male choirVarious livestreams, recently on the Extra Life Streammrpeabody
RobobopElectro stampede with pumping groove & synths with serious issuesIntermission of the Xbox: New Generation Revealed Streammirado
Robot Laser DeathDistorted dubstep with choppy synth fx, building to phat rhythm dropFarm Simulator 2013 Quick Lookmonkey523
Rock The RodeoFunky, foot tapping banjo with dirty bass groove & solid dance beatsGDC 2013 Day 2 After Hours Livestreamdobschutz
Sin City Blues21st century urban blues with guitars, phat synths & stomp funkUsed sparsely on livestreamsevil_gordita
Sol de VeranoBright Spanish guitars over dance electronica with flamenco clapsUsed sparsely on livestreamsgrandprix
Sonic Requiem1980s 'new romantic' electro popUsed before (05/03/2013) Unprofessional Fridaymirado
Spooky's BackQuirky, sparse hip hop groove with spooky melody & effectsPlayed before the Live Quick Look: State of decaymusou
St. OmerSwinging mid tempo 'Hot Club of France'E3 2013: The Longest Daydrwaffles
Stadium Stomp

Electronica, Techno, Trance, Energetic, Fun, Hi-Tech, Synth Lead, Synth Pad

ILM background songMattyFTM
Steam Engine

Crazy fun for kids with quirky vocals, marching snare, whistling, tuba & kazoo

Video Thing: That's so Ryan!pox22
Storm Warning

Epic dubstep with euphoric builds into heavy 'drop' sections

Before Giant Bomb: Crossing The Streams! (05/20/2013) (Or Magicka Livestream if you prefer)criacow
Street Wize GuizeMedium paced, urban hip hop vibe. Dark, with hits, scratches and loads of attitudeBefore various livestreamsmusou
Summer ParadiseSeductive & luscious RnB female vocal with understated hip hop groove04/15/2014 Bombcast - Ad Segmenthamst3r
Sweetheart SwingSmooth, romantic, 1940s big bandE3 2014: Day 01 Show Floor Highlightswastrel
Swing SistersIt's electro-swing, and jaunty as all get outUsed on various livestreamsTheFakePsychic
Those Gipsy GirlsGypsy dance party with accordion, cool breakbeats & smokin' Balkan brassGDC 2013: After Hours Livestream Spectacular - Part 01 interim from about 40 minutes indodgyc
Time To Get UpCheerful children's song. Male vocalBombcast 02/04/2014tbennett5438
Tinkle BlingPhatt hip hop drums with high bell melodySecond song in the (04/09/2013) Jurassic Larkmirado
Trick or TreatMysterious urban instrumental with fat beats, pizzicato strings & spooky FXBefore Injustice's TNT (04/18/2013)musou
Time Bomb DropScatty electro house with big builds, phat synths & a hint of LA dubstepBreaking Brad: Volgarr The Vikingmusou
TriplestepDubstep that starts with pianoUsed on various livestreamsEujin
Tropical PartyBright, Latin Caribbean dance/pop with a merengue influenceE3 2013: The Longest Daydrwaffles
Untitled Track (still looking for it)Electric piano, sax and funky guitar riffsLiverpool Travelogueweegieanawrench
Urbanite 2Urban, laid back Hip-Hop. No orchestral samplesUsed in between segments in the GOTY 2012 videosTeoball
What's CookingA mix of kitchen utensils & lo-fi beats with guitar, piano & vocal hooksE3 2014: Day 00 Press Conferences Highlightswastrel
Whistle WorkBouncing, banjo wielding bluegrass fun with whistle hookBombcast 11/12/2013paliv
Who Dat CatFunky hip hop gypsy jazz remix with vocal hooks, guitar, sax & cheeky pausesLococycle E3 2012venividiludi

With your help we can find even more! You can use Shazam to help identifying the songs or search through AudioNetwork using keywords, tempo, duration, etc.

Post your findings on this thread and I'll link them here for everyone to see (and credit you accordingly, of course)!

Thread has been restored! Thanks to @rorie and @mrpibb. Also, thanks to @bonecollecta for getting the cached version of the thread in case it couldn't be restored. We're back in business!

Here are some tips if you wanna help expanding this list:

@mirado said:

@musou: The ones that come from AudioNetwork are the easiest to find; a combination of understanding the keywords a song might be tagged with and the usage of music identifier apps like Shazam usually suss those out fast. Once I realized Shazam could pick up on these royalty free songs, I was posting them in-chat before the song was even over. I usually run everything through twice to make sure I don't get a false positive, but it's getting to the point that I recognize the names of the artists when they show up, and a quick search on AudioNetwork pulls it up for a comparison to the stream.

It isn't foolproof (no luck finding that HTBAB Part 7 song that people want, for instance), but we'll probably catch a ton more from here on out, as even if I'm not around, it only takes one duder with Shazam to grab like 70% of their music.

#2 Posted by Pr1mus (3959 posts) -

Thanks for this!

I want the dubstep one so bad.

#3 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Thanks love the music but never know who or what it came from

#4 Posted by Silver-Streak (1375 posts) -
#5 Posted by TheHT (11666 posts) -
#6 Edited by BeachThunder (12279 posts) -

I just realised that we need more livestreams. Livestream every day!

#7 Posted by monkey523 (178 posts) -

@pr1mus: not sure which one you'd like, but here's the dubstep track from the farming simulator quick look, titled Robot Laser Death

#8 Edited by Pr1mus (3959 posts) -

@eujin: Yes! That's the one. Thanks!

@monkey523: Triplestep is what i was looking for. The one they've been playing lately during the "please stand by" screen before livestreams.

#9 Posted by Kinapuff (244 posts) -

That party hard song is.. far too catchy.

#10 Edited by Silver-Streak (1375 posts) -

@pr1mus: Glad I could help. I only found out because I messaged Drew about it a while back. I've posted about it before, but I don't enjoy music, and when something has earwig properties and gets stuck in my head (music theory about using certain beats to make people get it stuck in their head even if they don't like the song) it drives me nuts so I have to listen to it on repeat two or three times to get it done with.

To head off the questions that people usually bring up: Yes, I really do not listen to music. At most I have some nostalgic memories for Castlevania music, and have heard one or two songs over the years that are ok, but I do not actively listen to music in any form as I don't really get enjoyment out of it.

#11 Posted by Forcen (1845 posts) -

@theht: YES, looked over and over in the bastion soundtrack for that one!

#12 Posted by Musou (383 posts) -

@Eujin @TheHT Thanks duders! Added the links you posted to OP.

#13 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2029 posts) -

@forcen: Actually there is a string sample that at least has the same progression as around ~0:28 in Bynn the Breaker on the Bastion soundtrack.

Then it kind of diverges, but yeah thanks for bringing this site to light @Musou! There's some hot jams there.

#14 Posted by RazielCuts (2981 posts) -

I've always thought the 'Party Hard' one was Ke$ha or of that same ilk and I've guiltily liked it (I feel somewhat better it isn't her?). And thanks, the dubstep one needed.

#15 Posted by Animasta (14718 posts) -

I've always thought the 'Party Hard' one was Ke$ha or of that same ilk and I've guiltily liked it (I feel somewhat better it isn't her?). And thanks, the dubstep one needed.

it's still reminiscent of her style so... I don't get why it'd make you feel better necessarily, besides the fame factor

Also party hard just makes me think of Andrew W.K.

#16 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Party Hard is my guilty pleasure song. I bumped that shit waiting for TNT so many times.

Also relevant but not royalty free, that slowed down version of Girlfriend that was on when they played Burnout is pretty great. This is an awesome thread, I hope we can find some more tunes!

#17 Posted by Musou (383 posts) -

@razielcuts: I also thought it was from Ke$ha for quite some time, lol

#18 Posted by chainreaction01 (183 posts) -
#19 Posted by Musou (383 posts) -

Does anyone know if there's a way to add a row to a table without having to recreate it?

@chainreaction01: Thanks! It's up there.

#20 Posted by ripelivejam (4590 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

solution: live camera feed in the office 24/7 (yes they have to work 24/7 too :| )

#21 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1262 posts) -

This is pretty great haha!

#22 Posted by translucentfish (127 posts) -

That must have been a fantastic day when looking for music for Year of the Bow you stumble upon a song that repeats "bow" over and over. Can't fathom how long it took to find that.

#23 Posted by Teoball (635 posts) -

I found this song that they used in between segments in the game of the year videos.

#24 Edited by TyCobb (1976 posts) -

Very nice. Now I am off to find what other stuff is on there. I am a sucker for free stuff.

Edit: Damn, I thought these were free. Didn't realize you still needed to pay for a license.

#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (16108 posts) -

Some of those are really good!

#26 Posted by rachelepithet (1392 posts) -

Ahhh, "production music." Giver of Crash Holly and The Hardyz themes.

#27 Posted by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

if anyone knows what the music from the Screen Test video (how to build a bomb), Id love to hear it.

#28 Posted by Nilazz (630 posts) -

This is great!

#29 Edited by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

This is awesome. Thanks for finding and sharing this. For royalty-free, these are actually some pretty rad tracks.

#30 Posted by Bollard (5748 posts) -

This is a good thread.

#31 Posted by GS_Dan (1406 posts) -

Fantastic. Doing god's work guys.

#32 Edited by Snail (8646 posts) -
@toowalrus said:

if anyone knows what the music from the Screen Test video (how to build a bomb), Id love to hear it.

Not sure what you're talking about, but back in the day they used at least one or two Midnight Brown tracks in the background of their videos.

Like the instrumental track to this song on their video reviews and I Love Mondays (I think those videos had this).

#33 Edited by Teoball (635 posts) -

I think he means this which I can't find on any of the Midnight Brown albums.

#34 Edited by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Party Hard is my guilty pleasure. :<

#35 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

Anyone know the song at the end of this weeks TNT?

It plays for about the last five minutes.

#36 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3211 posts) -

The synth on Party Hard is so similar to Ke$ha.

#37 Edited by TooWalrus (13255 posts) -

@snail said:
@toowalrus said:

Not sure what you're talking about, but back in the day they used at least one or two Midnight Brown tracks in the background of their videos.

Like the instrumental track to this song on their video reviews and I Love Mondays (I think those videos had this).

No, it's not Midnight Brown (and if it is, I can't find it on the albums). I'm talking about the song from this video:

EDIT: Not the intro, the video itself.

#38 Edited by Jay_Ray (1117 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

solution: live camera feed in the office 24/7 (yes they have to work 24/7 too :| )

Could bring back the Big Red Phone

#39 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

This is awesome!

#40 Edited by Daveyo520 (6924 posts) -

Ya Party Hard has always been my favorite.

#41 Posted by NegativeCero (3024 posts) -

Pimp My Bass is appropriately dumb for the purpose it was used for. I might as well come out and say I like Party Hard too. I wonder what @Demoskinos thinks about pop songs like it. He seems to enjoy a good pop song.

#42 Posted by Demoskinos (15097 posts) -

Oh my god. These songs are fucking amazingly dumb. I think a Saints Row theme vs Pimp My Bass needs to happen. SOMEONE DO THIS.

#43 Posted by captain_clayman (3326 posts) -

I hate all royalty free music for some reason, I really don't know why, just...something seems so not-artistic about it. Like, who crafts a song thinking "what utility could this serve?"

#44 Posted by MechaKirby (249 posts) -

I never come to the Livestreams early enough to hear enough of Vinny's songs, but I've heard that dubstep one before and damn does that go hard

#46 Posted by moffattron9000 (357 posts) -

I hate all royalty free music for some reason, I really don't know why, just...something seems so not-artistic about it. Like, who crafts a song thinking "what utility could this serve?"

Justin Timberlake's McDonalds theme?

#47 Posted by ahgunsillyo (458 posts) -

The song "Lock Down" was used at the end of "Cop Show" in the Day Three Recap of their Game of the Year 2012 features.

#48 Edited by PhilipDuck (567 posts) -

Thanks for finding these dude, I'm sure there is another Dubstep song which is used on the waiting screen before live streams.. ?

#49 Posted by Subjugation (4731 posts) -

Does anyone know what the song was that they used in between segments way back during their E3 after hours show? You know, the hip-hop sounding one with the descending bwaah bwaah bwaah?

#50 Edited by golguin (4009 posts) -

I really enjoy the Hipstra song for its Bastion beat and the violin that reminds me of Madoka's intro song Connect by ClariS.