Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By Xeiphyer
@onimonkii said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
" I feel like this is peering beyond the veil. I'm not sure if Vinny would want everyone reading this stuff, it seems very personal.  Hearing what he did on the weekend is all well and good, but reading personal stories and stuff seems wrong, internet.  I mean, he kept like all the fiancée/marriage/wife stuff pretty much secret until it was briefly mentioned on the bombcast, so I dunno. Vinny is such an awesome guy though, I can definitely understand why everyone would want to read more things about him =P "
i think if that was the case he wouldn't have put it IN A BOOK "
Its not a book, its a wedding reception type thing. I guess that is technically still a book of sorts, but its not like you can go out and find this thing at your local Chapters or something. His wife uploaded it, presumably so that people who couldn't attend the wedding could still read or buy a printout version of it. Its only like 20 pages long. 
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Bruce

Isn't Jessie his wife's name?

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By audiosnag
@armaan8014 said:
" @audiosnag said:
" I'd have his babies. just sayin. "
umm.. ah.. uh.. "
What?
...i stand by what i said.
SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#106  Edited By SubwayD

You'll never guess what just showed up from a FedEx van.

No Caption Provided

So, uh, yeah.
While it's a cute book, it feels sort of like I've just gone and crashed their wedding. I can't be the only one who ordered one of these, right?

Not sure how apparent this is, but sorry about the huge size of the photo. No access to any image editing software.
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#107  Edited By Mrnitropb
@Meltbrain said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
" @onimonkii said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
" I feel like this is peering beyond the veil. I'm not sure if Vinny would want everyone reading this stuff, it seems very personal.  Hearing what he did on the weekend is all well and good, but reading personal stories and stuff seems wrong, internet.  I mean, he kept like all the fiancée/marriage/wife stuff pretty much secret until it was briefly mentioned on the bombcast, so I dunno. Vinny is such an awesome guy though, I can definitely understand why everyone would want to read more things about him =P "
i think if that was the case he wouldn't have put it IN A BOOK "
Its not a book, its a wedding reception type thing. I guess that is technically still a book of sorts, but its not like you can go out and find this thing at your local Chapters or something. His wife uploaded it, presumably so that people who couldn't attend the wedding could still read or buy a printout version of it. Its only like 20 pages long.  "
Yeah, that seems to be the case. That said, though, I'm sure he knew that randomers would be able to find it if it was published on the web. "
Especially after how quickly we all figured out where their rented house was at E3 this year, just from background. The internets is a scary place sometimes. 
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By CptChiken

That would be so perfect if it was written by him. i have my doubts though

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#109  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@CptChiken said:
" That would be so perfect if it was written by him. i have my doubts though "
You really should have read the rest of the thread before commenting.
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By CptChiken
@MattyFTM said:
" @CptChiken said:
" That would be so perfect if it was written by him. i have my doubts though "
You really should have read the rest of the thread before commenting. "
After properly checking ALL THE WAY TO THE END i realise that you are correct and i am a fool. 

Before posting the original i didnt look at this last page, which has the confirmation.
Marlowefire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By Marlowefire
@SubwayD:  Whoa, thats totally creepy dude. Just really... really... creepy
smitty86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#112  Edited By smitty86
@Marlowefire said:
" @SubwayD:  Whoa, thats totally creepy dude. Just really... really... creepy "
I second that. Sometimes people creep me out with their level of obsession here. No offense to that person, but finding it is one thing. To then order it...........
jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By jack_daniels
@SubwayD said:

" You'll never guess what just showed up from a FedEx van.

No Caption Provided
  So, uh, yeah. While it's a cute book, it feels sort of like I've just gone and crashed their wedding. I can't be the only one who ordered one of these, right?  Not sure how apparent this is, but sorry about the huge size of the photo. No access to any image editing software. "
Now you need to send him a creepy letter with a note written with words cut out of that book. Ultimate stalker!
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#114  Edited By citizenkane

The Giant Bomb community's investigate skills continue to astound me.

Great find, guys!

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#115  Edited By SubwayD

In my defence, it's not like I've made a shrine out of his skin flakes and pubic hair.   
The book was only three quid, so I figured it'd be an amusing conversation piece. It wasn't until people pointed out that it was a wedding favour that things started feeling kind of creepy.

On top of all that, it came in a huge fucking box that was way overkill, requiring the FedEx guy drive out to the house on a cold, icy night.
It's been a bit of an embarrassment on all fronts.

Still, the book is really sweet, even if I feel a right cunt for reading it. :(

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116  Edited By dagas

It will be o the New York Times bestseller list before the end of the year ^^

KidA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By KidA

Oh my God, I must read this

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#118  Edited By wwfundertaker

Giantbomb is always full of surprises.

Avatar image for crimsonlordofwar
crimsonlordofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've have do idea how I got here, but this thread is both endearing and somewhat creepy. haha

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Yes, definitely endearing and creepy.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

How did I miss this three years ago!?!?!?!?!?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know how I missed this 3 years ago.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

And this is amazing. GB never fails me.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well isn't this a surprise.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is...weird. Seeing this makes me feel unclean.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

So when is the sequel "Love & Marriage & Children" coming out?

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By DeadpanCakes

Omg, this so cute.

And I'm feeling so creepy right n-- Oh shit, Vinny makes a Persona reference!!! (that's what I'm gonna tell myself anyways)

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh yeah, this is moderately disturbing.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh. This. I forgot about this. Huh.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I forgot about this too. Its kind of weird that the community stumbled upon this, but there are some really sweet stories in that book.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

How have I never seen this? Vinny's drawings are amazing!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Never knew about this so there you go.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This feels like of like an invasion of privacy. This looks like something you would hand out to close family members at a wedding or something.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By YoThatLimp

This feels like of like an invasion of privacy. This looks like something you would hand out to close family members at a wedding or something.

Wedding confirmed.

@subwayd said:

No Caption Provided

So, uh, yeah.

While it's a cute book, it feels sort of like I've just gone and crashed their wedding. I can't be the only one who ordered one of these, right?

Not sure how apparent this is, but sorry about the huge size of the photo. No access to any image editing software.

Still creepy.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, this whole thing seems weirdly invasive of Vinny's marriage/wedding. But whatever, weirdos.

Newfangled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Newfangled

@subwayd said:

No Caption Provided

So, uh, yeah.

Wow. I think it's wonderful that Vinny did something so endearingly unique and special, but by golly, Internet folk can be extraordinarily creepy. Reading it would be one thing, but ordering a copy is quite another. I hope that much introspection has been had in the three years since this was posted! Truly terrifying.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Turambar

I completely forgot this was a thing.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never knew this was a thing in the first place. I honestly don't know how I missed it or maybe I just forgot it that hard. Either way, I think I'll be content with flipping some pages and leaving it at that.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, I missed this too, its funny how i thought this just happened today.

And you know what, it doesn't seem that creepy. I mean they put it in book form and had their names on it. And while it seems a little uncomfortable (since he didnt promote the book here), nobody was stalking him or actually invading his privacy. On the first page, people figured it out based on his name, his wife's name, location and someone named Rich being involved. Hardly guarded information.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

@subwayd said:

No Caption Provided

So, uh, yeah.

I just have noticed how epic is this photo. Bunch of North Korean/ Chinese memorabilia, Polish shot glass and all.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@super2j said:

And you know what, it doesn't seem that creepy. I mean they put it in book form and had their names on it. And while it seems a little uncomfortable (since he didnt promote the book here), nobody was stalking him or actually invading his privacy. On the first page, people figured it out based on his name, his wife's name, location and someone named Rich being involved. Hardly guarded information.

Finding the book and figuring it out is one thing. Ordering it is super dupes creepy. Like, why order it? Buddy wasn't at the ceremony. Buddy doesn't know Vinny personally. This has nothing to do with Vinny as a video producer/podcast personality on a gaming website.

The scenario in which it is cool for me to read about Vinny and how much he loves his wife and whatever: Vinny for some reason formally publishes his memoirs or autobiography or something.

A scenario in which it is not cool for me to know all about Vinny and how much he loves his wife: reading that in a short booklet clearly intended for wedding guests and family that couldn't make it to said wedding.

Yeah, nobody stole it from the vault of the Bellagio or anything, but that still doesn't mean it's remotely appropriate for random website users to order this booklet.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow this is pretty amazing. Can't believe I didn't see this three years ago.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A scenario in which it is not cool for me to know all about Vinny and how much he loves his wife: reading that in a short booklet clearly intended for wedding guests and family that couldn't make it to said wedding.

Yeah, nobody stole it from the vault of the Bellagio or anything, but that still doesn't mean it's remotely appropriate for random website users to order this booklet.

Dude, it was publicly for sale. And three years later it still is. Vinny obviously doesn't care. Chill out.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By fattony12000

Why was I not informed of this earlier?

Assholes.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshwent said:

@bisonhero said:

Dude, it was publicly for sale. And three years later it still is. Vinny obviously doesn't care. Chill out.

Doesn't make it any less creepy. And yo, this is pretty fucking creepy.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy, I remember this topic when it sprouted up, book was cute then. Still cute now.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the contrast in the comments:

3 years ago: "D'aaaaaaaaaaawwwwww, the book is so sweet."

Now: "You creepy fuckin' sickos. Creepy creepy creepy creeps... Creepy"

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#148  Edited By Humanity

I mean if it's public domain available for anyone that might stumble upon it then why would it be creepy?

EDIT: Oh only two posts up someone asks that same question and gets a completely irrational response, gotcha, moving on.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By SharkEthic
@humanity said:

I mean if it's public domain available for anyone that might stumble upon it then why would it be creepy?

EDIT: Oh only two posts up someone asks that same question and gets a completely irrational response, gotcha, moving on.

Really? Irrational? You wanna have a serious debate on whether or not it's creepy for a bunch of dudes on a website, to salivate over a book written by Vinny and his wife to celebrate their wedding, clearly not because of the subject matter of the book but solely because it's written by Vinny?

I'm gonna buy the book because (Please read the following in the creepiest voice possible):

• I wanna know about the love Vinny's grandma and granddad shared
  • Maybe there's pictures of Vinny or his family
  • Looking at him/hearing his voice for hours a week is not enough, I must consume everything Vinny

So no, someone stumbling upon and buying this cute little book is not creepy. You guys buying this, and I don't mean to repeat my irrational response from before, is pretty fucking creepy.

Edit: Shit dude, you don't even have to read the bullet points in a creepy voice, because it's almost creepier if you don't.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#150  Edited By Humanity

@sharkethic: Yup everything you just mentioned is completely exaggerated and irrational. It's crazy that any random stranger can buy this book about Vinny's life and it's not creepy but if his actual fans buy it then woah that's much more creepy than some random ass person buying a book like this about a person they don't even know.