#1 Edited by big_jon (5782 posts) -

I am going to San Francisco in the middle of August with a friend, this seems that it will be my only chance to see the Giantbomb office in person, I have met the guys before, they were all pretty damn cool, and I'd like to think that they'd be down but I don't know.

So I ask have any of you guys done this? I want to but I don't want do it unannounced? I was trying to ask the guys if it would be cool on twitter, but no reply.

#2 Posted by bigsmoke77 (791 posts) -

I don't think it has been done since CBS merger and I bet it is harder to do now and or not possible.

#3 Edited by takayamasama (440 posts) -

If i remember right from the great Twinkie mailbag, they frown upon actually coming by the office. Granted that was done at the old office, I have to assume with the CBS merger it is even more frowned on.

For those that missed it

#4 Posted by Samael2138 (233 posts) -

I know I hate being interrupted whilst playing games, and (unfortunately) I don't do it for a living. If I was you, I would just send them something awesome, like a life sized mannequin of Stallone from "Cobra"

#5 Posted by TruthTellah (9468 posts) -

They have shown them doing tours of the offices before; though, I'm not sure how it is at CBSi. I'd suggest that there is about a 0% chance it would be okay to show up unannounced. So, find some way to get in touch with them and see if it would be cool.

#6 Posted by Droop (1916 posts) -

Yeah, don't do it unannounced. Try writing an email (I don't have any addresses though). I'm not sure a tour would be anything they're interested in though, they barely have an office set up yet.

#7 Posted by ZombieSpace (284 posts) -

Just buy some cheap gin and give it to the receptionist in the lobby.

#8 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

you should just stand outside the office and wait for them to leave and follow them home and stuff. sure they wouldn't find that weird or worrying

#9 Posted by Athadam (704 posts) -

As cool as the Giantbomb guys are, I don't think they'd be cool with this. I remember reading another thread where someone else was trying to do the same thing but they couldn't because they stopped officially letting people tour their old office back in around 2010.  

Your best bet to see them again would probably be PAX. Best of luck!

#10 Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie (1212 posts) -

It's probably a bad idea to bug these guys when they're trying to work.

#11 Posted by Sweep (8974 posts) -

As far as I'm aware, the official stance is: No. I know in the videos it looks like the office is a pretty chilled out and relaxed place, but don't forget that it's still an office, and it's full of people working. Chances are if you turn up unannounced you won't even get through the lobby before someone kicks you out.

#12 Posted by alternate (2719 posts) -

Why would you even want to see their shitty temp office space anyhoo? I mean the old basement was cool but this is a bunch of half assembled cubicles and a couch with some cameras pointed at it. They already covered most of it in video anyway.

#13 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

I don't think they would want people visiting, just because it's their job and they are busy dudes. Maybe just send them something like @Samael2138: said and catch them at PAX.

#14 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

you should just stand outside the office and wait for them to leave and follow them home and stuff. sure they wouldn't find that weird or worrying

This. Whilst nude.

#15 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

I don't want to spoil it for you but.... it's an office in San Francisco.

#16 Edited by Jimbo (9979 posts) -
#17 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -
@Elazul said:

@Bell_End said:

This. Whilst nude.

With full on raging boner.
#18 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Do you like random people coming into your place of work. Better of catching them at pax than at their

#19 Posted by Fallen189 (5052 posts) -

Ignore everyone being complete dickheads in this thread. Your best option is to either email the staff, or send them a private message on the website. Good luck

#20 Posted by HorseFactory (99 posts) -

Everyone is pretty creepy, here.

#21 Posted by BradBrains (1170 posts) -

I don't see the fun of visiting an office you have already seen. Plus what would you do. Stand over someone while they work? You know how awkward that is.

#22 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@bigsmoke77 said:

I don't think it has been done since CBS merger and I bet it is harder to do now and or not possible.

Thats what I would assume. But it coundn't hurt to pm someone.

#23 Posted by FLStyle (4911 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

http://youtu.be/I8KluFd1EBc?t=6m13s

Ha! I should do a Father Ted marathon one day.

But yeah you may have a name similar to Big Jeffery, but that doesn't mean they'll be pleased to see you.

#24 Posted by RVonE (4699 posts) -

@Darkstalker said:

I don't see the fun of visiting an office you have already seen. Plus what would you do. Stand over someone while they work? You know how awkward that is.

Exactly. Even if I were in the position to see the office, best case scenario would be that one of the guys would show me around for five minutes and then I'd stare at them awkwardly. Silently. Nude. With a raging boner, like you guys suggested.

#25 Posted by AngelN7 (2973 posts) -

@HorseFactory said:

Everyone is pretty creepy, here.

Yup, the average GB user is regarding those guys so is not really a surprise ... hey Dave just got married let's talk about this!

#26 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

That's kinda weird to just show up (like everyone else said). I mean it is there job. Maybe if you e mail them they may give you an ok for a few minutes but I wouldn't hold your breath

#27 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -
@Sackmanjones I used the wrong there and I can't edit with my phone. My day is ruined
#28 Posted by Cincaid (2959 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

@Sackmanjones I used the wrong there and I can't edit with my phone. My day is ruined

Don't worry, I'll mock you for the rest of the day!

#29 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Don't turn up.

#30 Posted by The_Nubster (2352 posts) -

Email them, expect them to say no, catch them at PAX. There's nothing to see in the new office, and there's nothing for you to do there even if they do let you in, save shake their hands and try not to release your bladder into your underoos from excitement.

#31 Posted by Carryboy (735 posts) -

No.

#32 Posted by CaLe (4049 posts) -

Absolutely, drop by for the grand tour. Jeff will likely tell you some awesomely funny stories as he walks you through the his old haunt. Ryan will take you out for some Taco Bell while Brad gives you a manly massage and Vinny lets you hold his baby.

#34 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

You should probably try to contact them first, I don't think it's cool to interrupt people while they're trying to work.

#35 Edited by CornBREDX (5959 posts) -

I know this was a thing they have done before, but I still think it's weird people try to show up to their place of business for a tour. It's not like Disney land, or a Movie Set. It's just an office where they occasionally film goofy videos or capture video game play while talking about it. 

You can even replicate this experience in your own home or garage. 

If all you want is to see the Giantbomb dudes, wait until Pax. 

Not trying to be mean, but I just find it weird.  
It's cool you admire them for their talent, though. Nothing wrong with that. 

Anyway, ya it'd be inappropriate to just show up as they are at a corporate office now- it'd be uncool to just show up unannounced anyway. I'd recommend getting in contact with them. No answer probably means no.

#36 Posted by SexyToad (2759 posts) -

Come in contact with them somehow, email or some other way. Let them know ahead of time. Showing up unannounced is a bad idea.