Visual Novels and how I may now have an internet Stalker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you look at the Steam free to play section right now you will likely see the game "Everlasting Summer" a visual novel game / dating sim. Whatever you want to call them. I checked YouTube for videos to see what it was exactly, I got nothing back that wasn't in Russian, or some live action movie and possibly a song. I became more curios as the lack of information surfaced. So I got it into my head to play it and record every second and upload it to my terrible YouTube channel. Mistakes have been made.

No Caption Provided

I guess I should mention that prior to Everlasting Summer I had only ever played one game in the genre: Rising Angels Reborn. Which was f*cking awesome. I would liken it to a small scale mass effect like adventure with a cast of anthropomorphic characters, rocking music and hard choices. Aside from the "game play" the games have nothing else in common. So I at least knew how to play Everlasting Summer.

Without going into to much detail about the game and spoiling everything: Your play as some scumbag of a main character (At least initially) who goes to a summer camp for 7 days. Then it's dating time. Pick your girls and such. I made my choice early on, it was easy: The girl in question was completely insane and lived up to my expectations making things explode, picking fights and generally being a jerk. I seem to have the same dating habits in games as I do in reality: bad ones. But since it's a game I didn't end up picking glass shards out of a head wound when things were over.

And now let's get to the real deal: There is a dood who is posting on every video, multiple times, minutes apart, non stop since the first video went up. I marathon-ed the game and beat it in 3 days (most of which was spent editing the videos together) and he has commented on nearly everything, from errors I make to apologizing for the occasionally terrible fan subs, or clarifying some of the translations which he apparently payed for? And then I went to far. In the penultimate episode he commented on how the game was not over after I beat it, that I had to keep playing it to get the final, true ending. I told him, in short: "I'm done, I had my laughs and have no intention of making more videos or continuing to play." And now he is mad. Continuing to spam posts on the video... So yeah. I guess I just got a one in one millionth taste of the crap "Professional" youtube personalities (and the giant bomb staff) likely get on a daily basis. I'm probably going to slink away for a while after posting the final episode tomorrow morning and try and block this dood out because he is spamming the hell out of my Google+ notifications. Which I can't seem to shut down! Oh well, stupid crap happens to us all.

No Caption Provided

Alright Alisa, bring your crazy face and let's get out of here.

astrozombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd imagine somebody that obsessed over a playthrough of a dating sim really needs to sit down and figure out their priorities. Best of luck with the situation.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So... do you think that maybe the guy who created this visual novel is the one posting on your videos, desperately hoping that other people will care enough to try it?

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: That's what I thought! I tend to ignore non-Japanese VN's, I play them partly for the culture aspect and someone interpreting it for me who is from Spain or wherever seems weird

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Isn't this that Russian made VN that popped up on Steam last week? Chances are high that your stalker is the developer.