Vita games to play on PS TV

Zamolxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ive been looking at the stream Jeff and Dan did of the PS TV and I decided to buy it to play Persona 4 on my TV. I dont want to buy a PS Vita, but 100 usd for a PS TV seems like a very good deal, especially since I have a PS3 controller already.

Can U recommend me some other games that are worth playing on it? I know there are tons of indie games, but I have/will play those on my PC or console, so I am looking for some games that are only on Vita that you think are worth playing. Actually, games that are on PS4/Vita and are compatible with the PS TV I will be interested in too, since I only have a PC and PS3.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By whitegreyblack

Here's my list of Vita games I am currently considering for this device, that are compatible (there are another 6-7 games I was hoping would be compatible but are not). Not all of these will be popular choices, mind you (Valhalla Knights 3 reviewed very poorly, for example). I am the same as you on indie titles - I either have them or will get them on PC.

• Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
  • Danganronpa
  • Danganronpa 2
  • Killzone Mercenary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Toukiden: The Age of Demons
  • Valhalla Knights 3
wilsouk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Persona 4, will take up your year.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Spelunky if you don't already have it and you have PS+. Currently a free option, I believe.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

• Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate
  • Danganronpa
  • Danganronpa 2
  • Killzone Mercenary
  • Motorstorm RC
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Toukiden: The Age of Demons
  • Valhalla Knights 3

I agree with these and will add: Soul Sacrifice, Wipeout 20-something-something, Gravity Rush, and Assassins Creed Liberation assuming those are compatible. Things like Sly Cooper and Rayman are great games, but better on the PS3 if you have the option.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rejizzle: Unfortunately, AC Liberation, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, and Wipeout 2048 are not currently compatible with PS TV. They are on my "hope for future compatibility" list along with a few others.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5376

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If you're a fan of JRPGs, there's tonne of PSP games that you should be able to play on the PS TV. Things like the Disgaea games, Persona 3 Portable, Final Fantasy Tactics. All stellar stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've heard great things about Muramasa Rebirth. Technically it's a port of a Wii game, but, uh, apparently it's a great port of a great Wii game so yeah. One of the three Vita games I actually want.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Take a look at the PSP library as well. It's got a bunch of gems like:

• GTA Liberty City Stories*
  • GTA Vice City Stories
  • GTA Chinatown Wars
  • Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (for only $4!)
  • Jeanne D'arc
  • LocoRoco 2 (which is way better than it has any right to be)
  • Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  • Persona
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin
  • Persona 3 Portable

Strangely Motorstorm Arctic Edge is on the compatibility list. That game was delisted from the store because an exploit allowed it to install custom firmware on the PSP or Vita if I remember correctly. I checked the store on my Vita and it's not listed. I checked the store on PC and it is. Perhaps they kept it up for previous owners and it didn't delist when they added the PC store.

*I don't see it in the Vita store but I have played it on a Vita. Might need to download it on PS3 and transfer it manually. It is on the compatibility list.

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if all PS1 Classics are compatible?

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Totally forgot that this'd be a good way to play PSP games wonder how they'll look blown up to full screen though..

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@turtlebird95: It's pretty great, I got if off plus out of the blue. I hadn't heard of it, but I'm always open to free suggestions. It's a pretty cool game with some good action and a story that is happily climbing higher and higher over the top (like most of the best Japanese games). I have no idea what it was like on Wii, but it's fun on Vita to be sure.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if all PS1 Classics are compatible?

Most seem to be, but there are some glaring omissions like the Spryo, Crash Bandicoot and Silent Hill games.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

It might be my Persona 4 machine and occasional movie rental thing.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FrostyRyan

Persona 4 Golden is worth it alone for it's sheer playtime alone(and of course because the game itself is remarkable)

Other than that, both Danganronpa games are worth it and the massive PSP library of course.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Do you happen to know the average download size of a PSP game? I need to nail down what size of overpriced proprietary memory card to buy.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack: If I remember correctly UMDs only had a capacity of like 1.3 GB or 1.4 GB and not many games were on multiple UMDs (Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky is the exception). Most are less between 1 GB and 1.2 GB I think. And in case you were interested in PSOne Classics as well, CDs are 800MB so those games are that or less multiplied by the number of discs the game had.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Many thanks.

I assume if you buy PSP/PS1 games on PSN they are forever tied to your account; meaning that if I clear them off a memory card I can download them again at a later date?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Muramasa Rebirth. It's the second best game on the Vita and has a ton of content, as well as a bunch of DLC sidestories.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While it is the "PS TV," would it work just fine through HDMI plugging into a monitor? I kind of haven't actually played games in the living room for ages. I haven't had a PSP in ages and for handhelds am currently leaning more towards a 3DS, so something to let me play PSP, Vita and PSX games on a nice screen, without using up much space on my desk would be nice. Particularly if they add PS2 games to that.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wampa1 said:

@mosespippy: Totally forgot that this'd be a good way to play PSP games wonder how they'll look blown up to full screen though..

Want to know this myself. Always wanted to play those weird FF Dissidia games, but I can't help but think that PSP games are going to look not great on a TV. Could be wrong though.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FrostyRyan

@zeroyaoi said:

@frostyryan: it will support psp games? :O

It supports psp games as we speak. I played Persona 3 Portable on it yesterday. :D

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: that sounds very compelling. :P

How much storage does it have, and can it be upgraded?

How does it look on tv?

Any word on the possibility of ps1 compatability?

Sorry for asking so many questions. :3

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belegorm: I would imagine that would look OK on a monitor. The PS TV spits out 720p over HDMI.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Corevi

@zeroyaoi:

• It has 1GB of storage built in and to add more you need to use a Vita Memory Card which are ridiculously expensive, 64GB will cost you more than the PSTV itself.
  • It's 720p and looks pretty good but some assets will look a bit blurry or pixelated
  • All PS1 Classics work on it

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zeroyaoi

@corevi: Everything sounds good, except for the memory card thing.

Hopeful for a memory card sale on BF.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@belegorm: I would imagine that would look OK on a monitor. The PS TV spits out 720p over HDMI.

Coolness; perhaps if I end up getting one of these it'll be my chance to finally play me some Ys Seven.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: Many thanks.

I assume if you buy PSP/PS1 games on PSN they are forever tied to your account; meaning that if I clear them off a memory card I can download them again at a later date?

You are correct. You could even download them onto other PSP or PS3 systems and transfar your save files back and forth.