#1 Posted by ConfusedOwl (943 posts) -

So I ordered a game recently from Amazon and was expecting the package to arrive today. So I eagerly wake up and check the mail and what do I see? I see wet, dirty paper stuffed in the mail box. Not only that though, the package appears to have been ripped open as well, Has this happened to anyone else before? Your mailman just going to town on your mail and destroying it, it wasn't only my package either, we had bills that were soaking wet as well.

Picture proof, sorry for the shit quality, the only camera available right now is my 3DS.

#2 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

I've had some parcels arrive looking like they had been dropped, repeatedly, from a great height. Luckily no damage to the contents. Not yet. It will happen eventually I am sure.

#3 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

It looks like there's nothing in it too, you didn't really mention that. Yeah I've had enough stuff ruined or just disappear and can't be traced. The last thing was a Duke Nukem 64 game going through USPS. Went all the way from Texas to California, to my local station. Then from there it was supposedly scanned by the guy on my route. It never showed up and I asked him about it. He said he never saw any package nor did he drop off anything similar around my business. I contacted the post master and they said they look into it to no avail. It just "disappeared" en-route. With all that tracking, you'd think they would know how it would just disappear like that. Thank god it was only a $5 game and I got my money back.

#4 Posted by Stonyman65 (2712 posts) -

I'd call up local post office (or whoever does the mail in your area) and bitch them out about it. Tell them that your package arrived damaged and that they are responsible (because they are, in this case).

If all else fails, call up amazon and tell them what happened. They will make it right.

If that doesn't work, find a good lawyer.

#5 Edited by OmegaChosen (645 posts) -

I've had a letter mangled by something, presumably by some machine, once but the mailman left a little official note saying that sometimes shit happens with their crap and that they were sorry and whatnot. It wasn't anything important so I didn't care much though. Was the game actually in there or was it missing?

Also, it didn't have to be your mailman, it could have been some asshat who noticed the package and decided to be even more of a douche by messing with the rest of the mail instead of just stealing the game.

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Misread as "Waking up to your male completely destroyed" and was concerned for OP's genitals.

#7 Posted by ConfusedOwl (943 posts) -

@Jams said:

It looks like there's nothing in it too, you didn't really mention that. Yeah I've had enough stuff ruined or just disappear and can't be traced. The last thing was a Duke Nukem 64 game going through USPS. Went all the way from Texas to California, to my local station. Then from there it was supposedly scanned by the guy on my route. It never showed up and I asked him about it. He said he never saw any package nor did he drop off anything similar around my business. I contacted the post master and they said they look into it to no avail. It just "disappeared" en-route. With all that tracking, you'd think they would know how it would just disappear like that. Thank god it was only a $5 game and I got my money back.

I took the game out first because I didn't want it to get damaged. The package was dripping wet.

#8 Posted by rflx (576 posts) -

Aww. From the title I kinda thought this thread was gonna be about puppies... 

But yes, happened to me with an electric guitar I bought once. It wasn't properly packaged though. 
Postal workers don't give a fuck about your shit.

#9 Posted by MetalBaofu (1389 posts) -

Nothing quite like that, but I have gotten up to see the mailbox on the ground with some assholes shoe print on the side of it.

#10 Posted by ConfusedOwl (943 posts) -

@Ravenlight: I have to admit, I laughed.

#11 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

I live in an apartment where everyone has one of those small, metal mail boxes you open with a key, and my stuff is regularly crammed in there regardless of whether or not it would fit with a little bit of careful rolling. One time, I had a debit card that got pretty mangled because of it. After that incident, and several others, we now have a new mail carrier.

#12 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I backed a game on kick starter and opted for the version that came with a kick ass poster. Turns out the fuck tards put the poster in a cylinder that was too big so pretty much all the posters ended up getting thrown around inside during shipment and most of the posters arrived ripped to dog shit. I was/am not very happy about it since I paid a lot more for that version of the game only to have the reason I did arrive in such a state that I had to throw the dam poster out because it was bent and ripped right in the middle. And of course they did and will do fuck all about it. It was one of my first kick starters and ever since then I refuse to put in anything above the minimum I need to get the game. I was looking forward to getting that thing framed and on the wall for months. Such a fucking piss off.

#13 Posted by mlarrabee (2964 posts) -

My Commodore Amiga was in brilliant shape until the United States Postal Service got hold of it. They cracked the bottom plate in half and snapped off one corner of the keyboard.

@Stonyman65 said:

I'd call up local post office (or whoever does the mail in your area) and bitch them out about it. Tell them that your package arrived damaged and that they are responsible (because they are, in this case).

They aren't in the US. The USPS is the one postage service that cannot be held responsible for uninsured parcels. It's despicable.

#14 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

Not entirely the same but I once had a custom tailored jacket come in via a courier. When I opened the box, it became apparent to me that the box had been opened before (probably customs) because there was sand and dirt inside of it with stains on the jacket. Terrible experience.

#15 Posted by bennyboy (329 posts) -

Barely related but I used to live in an apartment complex where the mail carrier would deliver packages to you if you're home, otherwise he'd drop them off at an offsite annex five miles away if you aren't and leave a notice in your mailbox telling you to go pick it up yourself. Only it was obvious that he wasn't even checking if anyone was home and just drove off all the packages to the annex. Boy was that annoying.

#16 Posted by Superfriend (1557 posts) -

Huh, this looks pretty messed up, even with the low res pictures and all that. Can´t say the same thing happened to me, but something similar: I had an amazon order where some jerk stole 2 discs out of the dvd case and closed it again. But it had to have happened on Amazon´s side, since the actual amazon packaging appeared to be intact.

Other than that it´s mostly smooth sailing with the delivery services over here. Although the Post-lady bitches (only half jokingly) because she has to deliver sooo many packages to my place. Well, I´d say that´s quite pathetic- but people like to bitch about their jobs I guess.

#17 Posted by ConfusedOwl (943 posts) -

Well I filed a complaint with Canada post, though I have my doubts whether that will do anything. Now I'm a little nervous because I still have more stuff I need to order and I really don't need this ordeal being repeated.

#18 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6299 posts) -

I had the exact same thing happen to me. I contacted Amazon customer service and a new copy was overnighted to me.

#19 Posted by Stonyman65 (2712 posts) -

@mlarrabee said:

My Commodore Amiga was in brilliant shape until the United States Postal Service got hold of it. They cracked the bottom plate in half and snapped off one corner of the keyboard.

@Stonyman65 said:

They aren't in the US. The USPS is the one postage service that cannot be held responsible for uninsured parcels. It's despicable.

Really? What kind of bullshit is that?!

#20 Posted by Sanity (1908 posts) -

I ordered a case of ammo for my nagant once and the guy dropped it on my sidewalk by accident, the wood shattered everywhere but in his defense it did weigh quite a bit. Didn't really care though as the tins themselves were fine.

Never had much issue with regular postage.

#21 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Here in Holland we went from top notch service to 'you'd be lucky to get your mail at all' in a short while. It really sucks though, you pay for stuff and it gets handled poorly because the company couldn't hire decent people (or well they could, but criminal 16 years old kids cost less).

#22 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

Each day at least one piece of my mail is partially open. It's always something that looks important or like it could contain a check.