• 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Rodent (260 posts) -

WARNING SPOILERS WITHIN, TREAD CAREFULLY!

Alright, I'll just say it right off the bat here, I don't think Lori is dead.

So we all know for those of us that watched the last 2 weeks of the Walking Dead that Lori "had" her baby and had been shot by Carl before she died and turned.

Here's my breakdown on what will be revealed in the upcoming weeks.

We saw T-Dog die while holding off zombies so Carol could make her escape but we never see Carol actually bite it herself. Now remember at the beginning of season 3 Carol had been practicing how to do a C-section just in case she was needed to help when Lori went into labor. Here's what I think happened:

After Maggie performed the C-section on Lori, and Lori passes out from the pain, Carl goes back in and supposedly shoots Lori before she becomes a walker. I don't think Carl actually shot her. I think it will be revealed that he couldn't bring himself to do it, so he shot off a round into the ground or the air (hence Rick finding a spent round/casing in the last episode) and rejoined Maggie and the baby and went back outside.

I think Carol doubled back upon hearing the shot, found Lori laying there bleeding out from the C-section, dragged her off (hence the blood stain on the floor that Rick sees) and sews her up thus saving her.

At the end of last weeks episode the phones rings and Rick answers. I think that that will be Carol somewhere else in the prison and she will be calling in hopes of reaching Rick and the rest of the gang. Then, in the weeks leading up to the mid season break, Rick and the rest will fight their way to where Carol and Lori are held up, they kill the last walker at the door of the room, Carol opens the door and we see Lori laying there, alive. Bam! Mid season break.

Personally, IMO, since they didn't cut to the mid season with Lori dying that their thinking of something even bigger to go out on, and what would be bigger than Lori dying? Finding out that Lori and Carol are still alive.

The only thing that kinda flies in the face of this whole thing is the fact that the 3 graves that Glen and company dig are filled in...why would you bother digging graves only to fill them back in..unless since they were expecting to find bodies and didn't that they just simply filled them back in?

I guess we'll wait and see, and maybe I'm completely off with this theory of mine, but I can't wait to see if I'm right or not.

Btw, some people are saying that the bloated walker that Rick shoots and stabs had eaten Lori's corpse. Question, since when did the walkers start to eat bones? Remember in season (1 or 2) Daryl and Carol come across the walker hanging from a tree with his lower torso eaten? Remember that his bony legs were still there? Yeah, me too.

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Wow that is actually a pretty good idea. It actually could have happened that way. Not sure if you came up with it or not but bravo if you did. If Lori survived I will be pretty bummed out though.

#3 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

Please, no more Lori

And don't reveal her for the mid season break if there will be more of her. That is the exact same ending from the Season 2 break with Sophia

#4 Edited by Rodent (260 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Wow that is actually a pretty good idea. It actually could have happened that way. Not sure if you came up with it or not but bravo if you did. If Lori survived I will be pretty bummed out though.

Yeah I swear to God I thought this up by myself.

After watching last weeks episode I got to thinking on who could be on the other end of the phone. At first I thought that maybe Rick was losing it since you hear the baby crying and then the phone rings and then I thought it'll probably be Carol on the other end trying to get hold of someone on the outside.

That lead me to thinking about Carol and how we seen her "training" on that walker for a c-section and so on and so on.

EDIT:

BTW, I've been disliking Lori and Carl myself for quite sometime. When Lori gave birth there, at first I thought she had died and was hoping that she'd quickly turn as Shane did and bite Carl. A 2 for one! But after she 'died' I started to kinda miss her, and I'm wondering if the producers have made this story arc in hopes of getting people to rethink their dislike for Lori?

#5 Edited by Kidavenger (3486 posts) -

The phone call is a running story line from the comics; it's Rick imagining he's talking to Lori on the other end of the phone after she dies, Rick has this ongoing conversation with her in his mind every time he comes across a phone, it's just to show how he is gradually losing it.

I do think it would be interesting if Carol did save her, but I can't imagine why she wouldn't have gone for help by now.

#6 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -

@Kidavenger: SPOILER TAGS PLEASE, JERK.

#7 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

The phone call is a running story line from the comics; it's Rick imagining he's talking to Lori on the other end of the phone after she dies, Rick has this ongoing conversation with her in his mind every time he comes across a phone, it's just to show how he is gradually losing it.

I do think it would be interesting if Carol did save her, but I can't imagine why she wouldn't have gone for help by now.

Oh. I have only read the first hard cover Walking Dead book so I didn't know about that phone thing. Still the show is different from the books alot aren't they?

That said, the baby food that Daryl and Maggie find will only last a few days (week) so I think that is pointing to the fact that Lori is still alive.

As for why Carol hadn't gone for help yet, if Lori is still alive she would probably be useless in a fight against the walkers and Carol probably knows that and doesn't wanna leave her there by herself while she goes for help...hence the phone call. Or maybe there's a whole horde of walkers just outside the room Carol and Lori are in?

I dunno, I'm just guessing here.

#8 Posted by Gaspatchosoup (43 posts) -

The website blaster has already talked to her she has voiced that she would like to still be on the show but as the voice on the phone or that rick is hallucinating and seeing her. She is dead.

#9 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

The phone call is a running story line from the comics; it's Rick imagining he's talking to Lori on the other end of the phone after she dies, Rick has this ongoing conversation with her in his mind every time he comes across a phone, it's just to show how he is gradually losing it.

I do think it would be interesting if Carol did save her, but I can't imagine why she wouldn't have gone for help by now.

Thanks for the comic spoiler

#10 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

@Gaspatchosoup said:

The website blaster has already talked to her she has voiced that she would like to still be on the show but as the voice on the phone or that rick is hallucinating and seeing her. She is dead.

Hmmm...alright, let's say that that is true (and she wasn't just leading them on) why would Carol, who's been a pretty big character, just die off screen and why would they have bothered showing her training to help Lori? What else are they gonna cut to mid season break on? Maybe the Governor showing up to reek havoc on the prison?

#11 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

Please, no more Lori

And don't reveal her for the mid season break if there will be more of her. That is the exact same ending from the Season 2 break with Sophia

Except that Sophia was dead and Lori would be alive.

#12 Posted by RWBladewing (116 posts) -

@Rodent: The director of the episode was on the Talking Dead feature that comes on after the show and stated outright that she was dead and that the bloated walker had eaten her corpse. They had an entire segment devoted specifically to that scene and pointing out all its details. Could have been a lie to make a later reveal more surprising but that would be a very elaborate hoax and I don't think it's likely.

#13 Edited by Seauton (111 posts) -

Did anyone watch The Talking Dead afterwards? I'll put this in spoilers in case but,

Didn't the writer who was on the show say that the fat zombie had eaten Lori? I think that would be lame (I hate Lori but Zombies don't eat bones thus far). Either way I hope she stays dead.
#14 Posted by Kidavenger (3486 posts) -

@Galiant: @SomeDeliCook:

A. OP said "WARNING SPOILERS WITHIN, TREAD CAREFULLY!"

B. It's not a major plot point, more like a running gag

C. This something that started over 5 years ago in the comics, we are well out of spoiler territory for a comic that old.

D. The OP idea is just as valid as what I posted regarding the TV show, the show only loosely follows the comics and it's diverging more and more the further in we get.

E. Oops

#15 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

You might want to make it clear you are talking about the show and not the game.

Also stopped watching in season 2 but fuck Lori.

#16 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

@RWBladewing said:

@Rodent: The director of the episode was on the Talking Dead feature that comes on after the show and stated outright that she was dead and that the bloated walker had eaten her corpse. They had an entire segment devoted specifically to that scene and pointing out all its details. Could have been a lie to make a later reveal more surprising but that would be a very elaborate hoax and I don't think it's likely.

Did they say whether or not the bullet/casing that Rick finds was either or bullet or casing? Or explain why the graves are filled in at the end? Just wondering.

#17 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

The comics are pretty different and I have only actually read up to where the prison part comes into play. It would make sence as to them still being alive as I dont think carol would just let herself die after watching T-dog sacrifice himself in such a way to help her get out. I dont like carl and Lori is just a depressed woman who needs to get over herself and get back to living as she blames herself for to much crap that doesnt matter once zombies take over. No I am stuck with only liking Glen, Daryl and Michonne *Black ninja*

#18 Posted by wjb (1621 posts) -

I think Lori is dead. I also don't want her to come back because I never liked her. Not showing Carl shooting Lori could lead to anything, though.

The set-up to that was kind of bullshit. Maggie, a grown-up, not having the presence to understand a child shooting his own mother might not be the coolest thing to ask of him.

#19 Posted by FoolishChaos (428 posts) -

@wjb said:

The set-up to that was kind of bullshit. Maggie, a grown-up, not having the presence to understand a child shooting his own mother might not be the coolest thing to ask of him.

To be fair, she did just perform her first lethal c-section on a friend, with a hunting knife, in a prison, in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

Might have been a little frazzled. :p

#20 Edited by wjb (1621 posts) -

@FoolishChaos said:

@wjb said:

The set-up to that was kind of bullshit. Maggie, a grown-up, not having the presence to understand a child shooting his own mother might not be the coolest thing to ask of him.

To be fair, she did just perform her first lethal c-section on a friend, with a hunting knife, in a prison, in the middle of the zombie apocalypse.

Might have been a little frazzled. :p

Sounds like another day at the zombie apocalypse office to me!

#21 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

Here's another thought. People are saying that in the Talking Dead episode the writer(?) said that Lori's hair was hanging from the walker's mouth and that it's stomach was bloated with Lori. If they were asked that question and the writer/producer simply said "I guess we'll have to wait and see" and would totally ruin any build up to a mid season Lori reveal. Everyone would totally expect something with Lori to be just around the corner.

#22 Edited by RWBladewing (116 posts) -

@Rodent: I don't remember the specific term they used for the bullet/casing but they did mention it as having been what Carl shot Lori with either way. They were dodgy about the graves but I'm pretty positive that was because of Carol still being MIA, not Lori. It was also implied, and I think it's likely, that the graves are filled in because they don't expect to be able to recover the bodies from the walker infested zone and they're more symbolic than anything.

I just started watching Talking Dead this season but from what I have seen they have never declared anyone definitively dead until they actually were. They haven't stated Carol is dead and they even had a big "(MAYBE)" next to Andrew for the episode where he got stuck out in the courtyard and it was assumed he died, but they have stated directly that Lori is dead.

Edit: To the above post, it didn't happen like that. The host was purposely being very non-specific about questions and the director went into those details himself, including bringing up the point about the hair in the thing's mouth.

#23 Posted by stryker1121 (1323 posts) -

You had me up to the phone thing, but I think a lori fake-out would be bad for the show. It would make Rick's actions this week meaningless. TWD is increasingly about the sense of hopelessness adherent to the gang's desparate situation. Lori coming back would be lame..and yes I do think that zombie ate her, bones and all. There's no evidence to the contrary that zombies cannot eat bones. The flattened bullet Rick found could have passed thru Lori head or been spit out by the zombie.

I do think Carol's alive, though, almost definitely.

#24 Posted by Gravier251 (217 posts) -

I thought it was pretty heavily implied by the blood splatter with the bullet, and then the blood trail to the bloated lathergic zombie that Lori had been put down by Carl and then the zombie came upon her fresh corpse and feasted till it became that bloated. Was why Rick was stabbing it in the stomach. As for the phone it is highly doubtful that the power and phone lines in the prison are working right now so they'd have a tough time recieving a mystical phone call. Though having read all the comics thus far my expectations are certainly a bit skewed.

#25 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

She died in the comics, she died on the show. They even showed the zombie that ate her. The two timing tramp got what she deserved.

#26 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2203 posts) -

@Rodent said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Please, no more Lori

And don't reveal her for the mid season break if there will be more of her. That is the exact same ending from the Season 2 break with Sophia

Except that Sophia was dead and Lori would be alive.

Its still the same ending where they find one of their own and then the show takes a break. Its a bit of a copout.

Also, again, no more alive Lori. And let zombie Lori eat Asskicker

#27 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

@Gravier251 said:

I thought it was pretty heavily implied by the blood splatter with the bullet, and then the blood trail to the bloated lathergic zombie that Lori had been put down by Carl and then the zombie came upon her fresh corpse and feasted till it became that bloated. Was why Rick was stabbing it in the stomach. As for the phone it is highly doubtful that the power and phone lines in the prison are working right now so they'd have a tough time recieving a mystical phone call. Though having read all the comics thus far my expectations are certainly a bit skewed.

Old land lines like that have their own power supply. The phone will work if the power is off. Now it is highly doubtful the phone lines are operational.

#28 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

Yeah I would imagine that phone would be for internal calls only in case of an emergency, riot etc. I wouldn't imagine it could receive outside calls.

#29 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

I was just doing some reading and I forgot that Lori said to Carl just before she passes out that "If something feels wrong then don't do it" Perhaps that could lead into the fact that Carl doesn't kill her?

#30 Posted by Sparklykiss (1934 posts) -

Shh...

I like the idea of Lori not being around. It's a shame to be losing survivors, yes, but that woman was beyond melodramatic and I could hardly cope with seeing her onscreen. Let's keep it that way.

I'm more curious as to what happened to Carol and hoping they don't force a romance between her and Daryl.

Moderator
#31 Posted by johncallahan (541 posts) -

Yeah, don't know how close the show is sticking to the comics any more I stopped watching halfway through Season 2, but it's safe to say Lori won't be back.

#32 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Sparklykiss said:
Shh... I like the idea of Lori not being around. It's a shame to be losing survivors, yes, but that woman was beyond melodramatic and I could hardly cope with seeing her onscreen. Let's keep it that way. I'm more curious as to what happened to Carol and hoping they don't force a romance between her and Daryl.
Yes, no more Lori. Let her stay dead and also make sure that Michonne dies because she's also boring and then get rid of the whole city that "The Governor" is running. That place just drags the show down for me and makes me sleepy. 
I wish my dreams could make the show better for me so it would suit me. Here's to hoping for a future where shows change based on what gets me excited! 
 
Also, isn't Maggie pointing her gun at Bald-Headed Carol in the "Next time on The Walking Dead"-thing?  
Or maybe there are other sick looking bald chicks running around in TWD universe! Find out next time on The Walking Dead
#33 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

RIP T-Dog

#34 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

If they bring Lori back I am done with this show. I thought that this episode made up for two seasons of virtually nothing happening. Don't let me down Walking Dead!

#35 Posted by wjb (1621 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

@Sparklykiss said:
Shh... I like the idea of Lori not being around. It's a shame to be losing survivors, yes, but that woman was beyond melodramatic and I could hardly cope with seeing her onscreen. Let's keep it that way. I'm more curious as to what happened to Carol and hoping they don't force a romance between her and Daryl.
Yes, no more Lori. Let her stay dead and also make sure that Michonne dies because she's also boring and then get rid of the whole city that "The Governor" is running. That place just drags the show down for me and makes me sleepy. I wish my dreams could make the show better for me so it would suit me. Here's to hoping for a future where shows change based on what gets me excited! Also, isn't Maggie pointing her gun at Bald-Headed Carol in the "Next time on The Walking Dead"-thing? Or maybe there are other sick looking bald chicks running around in TWD universe! Find out next time on The Walking Dead

I'm just glad Michonne has finally left because giving everyone the stink-eye from a distance to no effect was getting old. I get it, she's a bad-ass, but she's also super boring. I don't mind the town, simply because it takes us away from the main group for a while, which is great after seeing the same people together for two seasons. But The Governor -- along with Grimes -- proves that British people are just as terrible with American accents as Americans are with British accents. Also, the whole "I will never tell you my name...by the way, it's Philip and everyone calls me that." What the town did with the zombies this past episode was a little anti-climatic, too.

I hope Carol is still alive because I don't want my homeboy T-Dog dying for nothing. Not that I care a whole lot, but at least they were starting to make her somewhat interesting at the beginning of the season.

#36 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@wjb: Haha, yeah. They could've just had "The Governor" go "I will never tell you my name" and then a citizen of the town go "Hey Philip" the second after he was done talking.  
The Zombie Fight Ring-whatever was super boring as well, yeah. The only thing I like about the town is that Merle is there.  
He can kill Andrea and go find his brother and weird Ninja-wannabe can go get her face eaten and the world would be a better place even if there are still a lot of Zombies running around. 
#37 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

Also, isn't Maggie pointing her gun at Bald-Headed Carol in the "Next time on The Walking Dead"-thing? Or maybe there are other sick looking bald chicks running around in TWD universe! Find out next time on The Walking Dead

At the 28 second mark in this trailer? It could be Carol...but I was initially thinking it Earl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktKvMT7VRM0

#38 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Rodent said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Also, isn't Maggie pointing her gun at Bald-Headed Carol in the "Next time on The Walking Dead"-thing? Or maybe there are other sick looking bald chicks running around in TWD universe! Find out next time on The Walking Dead

At the 28 second mark in this trailer? It could be Carol...but I was initially thinking it Earl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktKvMT7VRM0

Earl? You mean Merle? or is there an Earl that I give no flying fucks about in the series that I don't remember?  
I still think it's Carol. But what do I know, I didn't write it. Could be a Zombie Carol! Admittedly she already looked like a zombie to begin with so it's hard to tell, especially considering we only see a tiny bit of a bald head
#39 Posted by Rodent (260 posts) -

Oops yeah I mean Merle.

#40 Posted by stryker1121 (1323 posts) -

Man, give Michonne a chance, people! It's not the character's fault that the writers haven't written her very well (so far). We will get some motivation from her soon enough, I'd wager.

And the Gov sounds like Liam Neeson.

#41 Posted by Ravelle (1169 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

Man, give Michonne a chance, people! It's not the character's fault that the writers haven't written her very well (so far). We will get some motivation from her soon enough, I'd wager.

And the Gov sounds like Liam Neeson.

Even in the comics she began as a silent character so let's be patient and give them a change, and I'm still not used to ladies-man govenor, it's so the opposite of his original get up in the comics.

#42 Posted by CoverlessTech (737 posts) -

@Rodent said:

That said, the baby food that Daryl and Maggie find will only last a few days (week) so I think that is pointing to the fact that Lori is still alive.

Since all you people are complaining about spoilers from a book that is years old at this point:

The baby dies

#43 Posted by Downloaded (172 posts) -

I like the way you think, kid. You're a real go-getter.

I was just happy to see Carl having to shoot his mom. What a little shit.

#44 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -
In the comics, the phone call was a woman. After a few issues, the woman is revealed to be Lori. Rick asks Lori is she is alive and she gently responds "Of course not. Don't be silly Rick." With Lori's death, the audience will be introduced to a new Rick Grimes. The new Rick Grimes holds nothing back and does what needs to be done to survive. This Rick Grimes would help murder a woman and her child to save himself and his son. This is of course if the show continues to follow the comics. Even if Lori is alive currently, Which is highly likely, it's safe to assume that this season will be her last. Judy (The Baby) won't make it to season 4 either. The presence of a newborn baby is already a burden and the only reason it was introduced in the show in the first place was because of the dramatic sequence from Season 1 and 2. They couldn't just say she had a miscarriage or something because that would be too crass.
I really do hope Lori is alive though because I felt her death was too calm and resolved. When/If The Governor kills Lori and his daughter then it will make great for better television.
#45 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

If she isn't dead, I'll kill her myself. One of the worst characters I've ever seen. And I may get flak for this, but do away with Carl too, unless he becomes way less annoying, which it seems he is. Still, off'em both.

#46 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

@Osaladin: She sort of improved a little with the start of this season though. I actually think she smiled a few times, and in one episode she didn't even complain once.

#47 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

@Funkydupe: Yes, you are correct, but it seemed to me from the start that they were going to get rid of her, so they made her a bit distant.

#48 Posted by 49th (2669 posts) -

Nope, I'm pretty sure she is dead. Carl's flashback made him do it.

#49 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -

I hope and pray that Lori didn't actually survive, but your theory is definitely plausible.

#50 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1002 posts) -

She's gone. Just let go.