#1 Edited by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -

Hey Giantbombers,

Very off-topic but I'm looking for a thinner but still classic looking wallet for about $50-$70, I want it to be durable and smart. Any suggestions?

#2 Posted by Hamst3r (4431 posts) -
#3 Posted by Tesla (1902 posts) -

Gustin

They make their stuff in bulk after each product has reached a certain number of backers.

Note that I don't actually have this wallet, but I am really close to picking one up myself. It's a little different buying from Gustin as you have to wait for the project to get backed before it processes and ships, but it's $20 for a handmade leather wallet.

#5 Posted by Humanity (8706 posts) -

get a wallet that has a zipper, those are pretty handy, also make sure it holds money

#6 Posted by LTSmash (597 posts) -
#8 Posted by ProfessorEss (7253 posts) -

@hamst3r: Yeah that's nice. I've had the same wallet for almost 20 years now and it's finally starting to go. Definitely gonna remember this Swiss Army one when mine finally achieves complete disintegration.

When I woke up this morning I had no idea I'd be getting wallet advice. Here's to you Giant Bomb.

#9 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5153 posts) -

I had a nice wallet once, then I lost it. Never had a wallet since; only lose cards rarely and individually now. Problem solving.

#10 Posted by chiablo (889 posts) -
#11 Posted by Bane (383 posts) -

I wanted a wallet I could keep in my front pocket and chose this one. I've had it since January and love it.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6286 posts) -

Make Kessler proud.

#13 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1374 posts) -

I own a small Comme Des Garcons zipper wallet, and I love that thing to death.

#14 Posted by Malarkain (103 posts) -

I am a wallet-for-hire. You can put that $50-70 right in this hole right here.

#15 Posted by Dietomaha (104 posts) -

Don't trust that guy. His wallet hole has some undesirable stuff in it already.

#16 Posted by daggon55 (114 posts) -

I had one of these for around 8 years and it held together surprisingly well, I only replaced it recently because I wanted something fancier.

#17 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

I got husband this one for his birthday a couple months back, and he seems to like it. I thought you might like it.

#18 Posted by oldenglishC (921 posts) -

@hamst3r said:

I like simplicity, so I bought this very basic trifold in May 2012: Alpine Swiss Lambskin Leather Wallet

It's very nice and only $10.

Nothing like perusing a wallet thread a day later than everybody else. I've had an Alpine Swiss wallet for over 5 years and it shows almost zero signs of wear. It's like a tank that was assembled using nothing but brick shit houses.

#19 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1497 posts) -

I have a Slimmy and like it a lot. You need to fold bills, and it doesn't work well if you need to carry more than 5-6 cards, so make sure you know what you're getting into. Also keep in mind the size of your local currency. I've linked to the US version since I'm assuming you're American, but I had to buy the international one since Canadian money is taller.

#20 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4136 posts) -

*Already walking in room* Well I'm pretty sure you'll like this bad boy!.. *Reads* ..Oh. *Looks at what's in hand* :? *blinks*

#21 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2931 posts) -
Try explaining this one to the officer when he pulls you over.