Wanderings

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By macandcheese

Well another day down, today I had intended to visit two locations somewhat near each other, the amsterdam history museum and the jewish history museum. Well I made it to one of the things, I made it to the amsterdam history museum which was surprisingly cheap (5E) and went about my buisness. The museum was pretty informative and efinitly had some very interesting pieces both that seemed to pertain to the histroy of the city and some that were less so. Also I cant remember if I put this in any blog post so its going in this one, apologies if this is a repeat. I have really stared to notice that most of the museums I have visited in Europe have the oddest pahways, you will very often find yourself going the wrong way through an exibit and even when you know youre going the right way its this kind of nagging feeling your doing it wrong.
So back to the point, after the museum which was kinda loud I made my way to the jewish histroy museum where I found another large group of kids ready to go into that museum, feeling that I just could just take it any longer I passed right by teh museum and continued my enjoyable walk through the city, losing myself among the streets before returning to a small grocery store and buying food for lunch and dinner. overall the walking took around 2 hours and that was pretty much my whole day.    
macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By macandcheese

Well another day down, today I had intended to visit two locations somewhat near each other, the amsterdam history museum and the jewish history museum. Well I made it to one of the things, I made it to the amsterdam history museum which was surprisingly cheap (5E) and went about my buisness. The museum was pretty informative and efinitly had some very interesting pieces both that seemed to pertain to the histroy of the city and some that were less so. Also I cant remember if I put this in any blog post so its going in this one, apologies if this is a repeat. I have really stared to notice that most of the museums I have visited in Europe have the oddest pahways, you will very often find yourself going the wrong way through an exibit and even when you know youre going the right way its this kind of nagging feeling your doing it wrong.
So back to the point, after the museum which was kinda loud I made my way to the jewish histroy museum where I found another large group of kids ready to go into that museum, feeling that I just could just take it any longer I passed right by teh museum and continued my enjoyable walk through the city, losing myself among the streets before returning to a small grocery store and buying food for lunch and dinner. overall the walking took around 2 hours and that was pretty much my whole day.    
Chipset_Seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chipset_Seven

I've been to the museums in Chicago quite a few times.  I've visited Italy a few times, but mainly admired the churches there (And the general architecture of buildings - The Vatican, The leaning tower of Pisa, Colliseum).  Have also visited Switzerland a few times.  The way they have managed to build some roadways and tunnels in the mountains is astounding.