Want a new Gaming Desktop, need direction

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Donos

With Battlefield 3 coming out and looking ridiculous, I think I'll be needing a new desktop. My roomate built my current one, but with me at the wrong end of the country now, I'm looking for some advice on where/what to buy.  I'm not looking to build a PC, I really don't have the knowledge to  do it myself or the time to figure it out, so does anyone know of a good brand to look for or PC community to turn to?

Buman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Buman

I'm in the same situation. I may try upgrading my current rig, but all I know how to do is put in new ram... lol

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By unchained

If you are in North America,  check out ncix.com. You can choose one of their pre-mades or build your own.  You choose the parts, and they'll put it together for you for $50.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Donos
@Unchained said:
" If you are in North America,  check out ncix.com. You can choose one of their pre-mades or build your own.  You choose the parts, and they'll put it together for you for $50. "
Durp, I forgot, that's where most of the components for my current computer came from. Thanks for reminding me.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

well first you can start of checking out tested.com the other whiskey media website. 

put another thread on PC section. 

another place is tomshardware.com 

newegg.com and tigerdirect.com are places to buy the hardware. assuming that you live in the US.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee
@Donos:  
Whatever you do don't buy from CyberPowerPC. Their PCs are junk and their costumer "service" is the worst I've ever seen. They will actively try to rip you off by lying and delaying to keep you from returning a busted machine. Fuck those people.
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By davidwitten22

PM Hitmanagent. That dude knows PCs. I'll be PM him whenever I get the money to buy a comp to play SC2 on in any real way.