• 76 results
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

Yesterday I was hanging out with a couple friends and there were a couple other people with us I didn't know. I was making chit chat with one of the people I didn't know that well.. So me and this guy were talking about music, movies, what were doing this summer and he made a joke about his weight and how he needs to lose some, he's a little bit on the heavy side. I laughed and made a joke about my weight, I'm very skinny, which was basically like I wish I could bulk up by taking some of your fat off your hands, I didn't say the word fat but it was something like that I don't remember exactly. He got extremely offended and went on a rant saying I shouldn't complain about my weight and didn't talk to me the rest of the day. Was I wrong or did he just overreact? 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Overreaction from the sound of things. Especially if he was who brought up the weight jokes in the first place.

discost3w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By discost3w

Fatty as a self esteem problem

djaoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By djaoni
@Abyssfull said:
" Overreaction from the sound of things. Especially if he was who brought up the weight jokes in the first place. "
He joked about it because he's insecure. I'm a doctor, trust me.
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By canucks23

Overreaction fo sho, you didn't do anything to be a dick you were just making a joke to go along with his joke. Guy just feels to sorry for himself.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
@djaoni said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" Overreaction from the sound of things. Especially if he was who brought up the weight jokes in the first place. "
He joked about it because he's insecure. I'm a doctor, trust me. "
I would trust you with my life. And my Crunchy Nut cornflakes.
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@djaoni said:
" @Abyssfull said:
He joked about it because he's insecure. I'm a doctor, trust me. "
I never trust doctors. 

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver

I am overweight too, and when people make a joke like that, I know they don't mean to offend me. Sometimes it does though, but I would never bring it up or get in an argument about it. If they do not approve, that is their business, but most importantly, my weight is my business. He did over react, because if I ever did what he did, I'd feel worse in the end than just letting it go.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By buzz_killington

It's like this: an ugly guy can complain that his looks, but a better looking guy can't complain about his looks in front of him.
Or a dumb guy can complain about his 60% on a test, but a smart guy can't complain about his 89% in front of him. And so on. 
So whenever you have the lesser of the two similar problems, don't complain about yours to the guy with the worse problem.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Djeffers03

No, you should have given him a nipple cripple.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Sounds like a bit of an over-reaction but overall I don't think either of you were greatly at fault. It sounds like he was joking about his weight because he was uncomfortable about it and you accidentally touched a nerve.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Damian

Wording is important here, so it might have been slightly rude. Not sure. But I don't think the meaning was rude at all. Seems you were attempting to be self-depricating in-kind. So buddy should just calm down and realize he's not the only one with self-image issues.

I'm a skinny dude, and people LOVE to remind me about it as if it's a compliment, OR what's worse is they'll half-way force-feed me. "EAT!" "EAT!" with a fucking fork of food to my face. That's the same shit as trying to take a fat person's food from their hands, and anyone who does that needs to fuck right off in a real hurry.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By rjayb89
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By habster3
@discost3w said:

"Fatty as a self esteem problem "

His name's not Fatty; it's Piggy! (Sorry, I've been reading Lord of the Flies for my summer reading, and it fits perfectly).

@Abyssfull said:

"Overreaction from the sound of things. Especially if he was who brought up the weight jokes in the first place. "

Agreed, although you probably shouldn't have made the joke since you just met him; maybe if you got to know him better.. 

DarkS29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By DarkS29
@Abyssfull said:
This
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By AhmadMetallic

hey fatty bum bum. hey fatty bum bum (im fat myself)

@DarkS29 said:

" @Abyssfull said:
This "
yup
foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By foggel

Heh, what a retard. Just ignore him.

oscar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By oscar

In one hand, I would say the guy making jokes about a person he doesn't know well shouldn't be surprised if the person gets offended, but in the other hand the person who got offended shouldn't be surprised by the fact that other people don't know what is going to offend them and should not take things personally. Personal appearance, along with politics and religion, is one of those topics you shouldn't talk to someone you don't know very well because you run the risk of offending.
Also be careful about going along with someone's comments about their own appearance unless you know them very well. If someone you don't know well says "I'm tired/fat/tall/short/thin/ugly/etc" it might be offensive to them if say something that implies that you agree, even if it is to make them feel better.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JB16

He's a douche-bag. I mean he was the one who brought his weight up so why would he get mad if you made a comment about it.

That's like me talking about how much my cooking sucks and then getting mad at whoever agreed.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By s10129107

you were a bit out of line

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BraveToaster
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By fattony12000

What's he gonna do...chase you down?

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Organicalistic_
@RE_Player92: well some people are sensitive, and you just have to be an asshole to make them happy
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By OllyOxenFree

He over-reacted.  I always say that to my little brother and he laughs with me.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By JJOR64

Sounds like an overreaction to me.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By crusader8463

Can't say for sure unless we know exactly what you said. But from the sounds of things he may have over reacted. When ever you joke about yourself that tells people that you're comfortable with your body and that they can laugh at you all they want because you don't give a fuck. But again, can't say unless I knew the exact wording.

AlfredCapone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AlfredCapone
@RE_Player92: I woulda punched that fatass in the face for being such a hypocrite and a panzy
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RE_Player1

So I talked to my friend and apparently he called me a jackass behind my back... my friend told me no one likes him because he's a drama queen so I don't feel bad anymore. I can't believe I lost sleep last night because I thought I offended him :P. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By KaosAngel

Yes.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Suicrat
@RE_Player92: As a formerly-obese (and currently fat, and soon to be average-weight) person I can tell you the guy who can't take a joke about his own fatness needs to buck up and do something about it, instead of just talking mess. By drawing attention to his fattitude you are doing him a favour, trust me.
Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

He sounded like a princess. Your second post proved that. total overreaction. you did nothing wrong. If someone makes the argument that he is insecure about his weight, well so are you wtf. Just cause you are skinny doesn't mean thats how you want to be. Don't worry about it bud

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ahriman22
@discost3w said:
" Fatty as a self esteem problem "
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RE_Player1
@arab_prince: Thanks man.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iam3green

a little and he over reacted.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jeffgoldblum

You probably should of waited until you knew the guy a little better. 
I don't think you were out of line, but people react differently to these kinds of things.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

None of us can definitively say because we didn't hear the original conversation, but from your description it sounds like he overreacted, and I think you're all clear on this one.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tokyochicken

Hey, he made the joke about his weight implying that, to some extent, he was alright with joking about it. He sent out the signal and acted like a dick when you acted the way he implied you could. Yeah, he over reacted. 

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#38  Edited By damnboyadvance

Nah. He was making a joke about his own weight. If he can do that, he can surely take a joke from somebody else. Especially one like yours. It's not like you were trying to offend him. Maybe you should of apologized. But then again, the other guy is just overreacting.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jams

He sounds like my sister. 

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By webby

I would have told him to shut the fuck up. If he carried on, then I would start calling him a fat bastard.

rt44tbtb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rt44tbtb4
 @buzz_killington said:
" It's like this: an ugly guy can complain that his looks, but a better looking guy can't complain about his looks in front of him. Or a dumb guy can complain about his 60% on a test, but a smart guy can't complain about his 89% in front of him. And so on.  So whenever you have the lesser of the two similar problems, don't complain about yours to the guy with the worse problem. "
Exactly, though I feel he did overreact, I wouldn't have said anything even if I was offended. Just like I don't say anything when my skinny girlfriend talks about her weight, while I am overweight. He brought it up as a joke, implying that broaching the topic is not forbidden, and then he clearly took offense. Perhaps he was merely trying to goad you to jump to his defense and claim that he's not fat, he's just "big boned" or some shit. 
GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GreggD

Double standards are bullshit. That's why I don't apply them to my life.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DrPockets000

Maybe not the best idea to have done that.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ineedaname

I'd have done the same joke duder and I'd like to think I'm not out of line most of the time.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Steve_C

That kind of joke i'd only make with people i'm comfortable with, so yes, you were.

Sounds like an overreaction on his part too though.

EDIT: Oh, so I slightly misread that. I figured you brought up his weight to begin with. That makes it less bad I suppose, but still, seems a little too tongue in cheek for someone I don't know well. Makes his reaction sound ridiculous though. Even if he was offended he should have kept it to himself.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By mazik765

Maybe he shouldn't be fat? 

I honestly don't care if people are fat, but if you're going to get all up in arms every time someone even alludes to your weight, then you should probably do a few sit ups.

From the sound of things it was a hardcore overreaction on his part.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By MeetThePyro
@discost3w said:
" Fatty as a self esteem problem "
lol this^^
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Joshakazam
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Black_Raven

It was an overreaction on his behalf if you ask me, him bringing up his weight in conversation like that would lead anyone to believe he was laid back  on the issue and making a light hearted joke about it is hardly anything to get offended over.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JB16
@bassboy2100 said:
"  @buzz_killington said:
" It's like this: an ugly guy can complain that his looks, but a better looking guy can't complain about his looks in front of him. Or a dumb guy can complain about his 60% on a test, but a smart guy can't complain about his 89% in front of him. And so on.  So whenever you have the lesser of the two similar problems, don't complain about yours to the guy with the worse problem. "
Exactly, though I feel he did overreact, I wouldn't have said anything even if I was offended. Just like I don't say anything when my skinny girlfriend talks about her weight, while I am overweight. He brought it up as a joke, implying that broaching the topic is not forbidden, and then he clearly took offense. Perhaps he was merely trying to goad you to jump to his defense and claim that he's not fat, he's just "big boned" or some shit.  "
I hate it when people do that, try to insult themselves so they can sucker you into a compliment to boost their self-esteem. Usually it's girls that do that though, not guys.