#1 Posted by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

I seriously cannot believe my eyes. I am looking at a massive advertisement for eHarmony RIGHT UNDER a friend's name, info, mutual friends, likes, etc area. RIGHT UNDER IT, integrated into the profile.

Then I scroll down and there is actually a spot in the middle of another persons timeline... with an ad.

Do I have an adware virus or has Facebook just sunk to a new low?

#2 Posted by Phatmac (5727 posts) -

Man this is getting Myspace crazy..

#3 Posted by Little_Socrates (5715 posts) -

I was gonna say you were wrong, but then I remembered that I installed AdBlock a while ago to get Tested to run with the old header. So, uh, I have no idea. I haven't seen anybody complain on my FB, so I'm guessing it's a terrible adware virus.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (15143 posts) -

Couldn't tell ya... I run adblock extension on chrome. I never see any ads.

#5 Edited by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

I'm gonna try to install this adblock thing. EDIT: Turns out that I had somehow gotten some "crapware" that installed a "codec" as an extension which allowed for all these ads. FALSE ALARM

#6 Posted by YoThatLimp (1938 posts) -

I am not seeing said Ads.

#7 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

May want to update your antivirus.

#8 Edited by xyzygy (10078 posts) -

@crusader8463: 'twas not antivirus... it was from one of the Facebook scam programs. My roomate had my computer the other day, but wouldn't it then be linked to her profile? I'm using Windows 8 which has MSE integration

#9 Posted by Matfei90 (1288 posts) -

Adblock + NoScript has pretty much ensured I've remained oblivious to the fact that ads exist online. I'm constantly surprised when people complain to me about ads on youtube.

#10 Posted by AlisterCat (5722 posts) -

A whole business based on selling your information and posting ads? You don't say.

#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

Seeing none of it, got no adblockers installed.

#12 Edited by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

I think it's about time I installed this AdBlock thing.

Edit: Dude that was easier than I thought it'd be.

#13 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

Turned off Adblock and refreshed Facebook and good god man. Amazing just how well Adblock does what it's supposed to. I still rather Catblock.

#14 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

The TC should stop using Internet Explorer. I never noticed since I don't see ads.

#15 Posted by Mikemcn (7018 posts) -

The ads don't seem to be that intrusive, on timeline they're off to the side and take up a small area. Also it says I should like Applebees, I love applebees!!

#16 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

I think the site is painful for all sorts of reasons.

#17 Posted by Nux (2420 posts) -

I didn't see any ads, then again I only looked at one friend's profile.

#18 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Mikemcn said:

Also it says I should like Applebees, I love applebees!!

Lol.
#19 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6310 posts) -

Ad. Block. Plus.

#20 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I have never seen ads on Facebook. Ever.