User Lists: 1

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I didn't see the trailer, but the graphic novel was incredible and so was Zack Snyder's other film from a graphic novel (300), 

google is gay for me right now, could you send me a link to the trailer.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

I think the trailers are, so far, very much like watching Sin City:  it's frame-by-frame the same thing, which both makes me happy as hell and pisses me off at the same time.  I mean, when someone makes a movie of something, I would hope that they can look at making the movie more than just the same thing as the comic.  With Watchmen, however, I know that there's no way you can deviate much from the graphic novel...as it's damn near perfect.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the many that are up in arms about the ending being changed up.  I'm sure the tone will be along the same lines, but how the hell can you take "it" out of there?  "It" is the one thing I kept saying "man, I wanna see how they do that".

I'm still looking forward to the movie more than just about any movie ever.

As for the trailer:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com
http://www.imdb.com
http://www.slashfilm.com

Just go to any damn movie website and stop being lazy enough to not type a name out in your address bar.  Yeesh.
Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rorschach
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jakob187
Rorschach said:
"They changed the ending (**possible spoilers in article,** dunno), aka one of the single most essential parts of the story. So, IMO it could be totally bunk. I love Watchmen so i'll see it for sure either way, and still be super hyped. I just hope it can survive the change."
Well, "it" is the only thing that is changed, apparently.  Everything else is still there, and I think the VERY end of the graphic novel is the part that...if it weren't there...this movie would be completely pointless.  The thing that I like is that Snyder is willing to hold onto the tone of the graphic novel and that he's not trying to sell this as something that it's not.  He did an incredible job of extending 300 into an epic story, and he did a good job of remaking Dawn of the Dead (although losing the original message that Romero had behind his flick).
It sucks that "it" isn't in the movie, but as long as the moral decisions made are still intact and the VERY end of the flick is there, that's all that matters to me.  The rest just needs to work with what was in the graphic novel.

I'm also psyched about the DVD Extended Edition that they'll be releasing next year.  It's gonna have The Black Freighter included in the flick as an animated piece.  =  D

The DVD Extended Edition is where this movie will get to truly shine.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Bulldog19892

The movie looks awesome, and I think I could be happy even without "it". Depends on what they replaced "it" with. It would have been cool to see how they would have done it though, but oh well. I still have high hopes for the movie.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I recall seeing the trailer for this before The Dark Knight and at the time I was thinking "What lousy superhero wannabe movie is this?" Needless to say, I thought it looked pretty dull and wasn't impressed in the least. It turns out that makes me a bad person. Yay.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Virago
TheGreatGuero said:
"I recall seeing the trailer for this before The Dark Knight and at the time I was thinking "What lousy superhero wannabe movie is this?" Needless to say, I thought it looked pretty dull and wasn't impressed in the least. It turns out that makes me a bad person. Yay."
hahahahahhaha i can see that; without knowing anything of the graphic novel, it could be an absurd looking trailer... but... i think it looks amazing.
Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Rorschach
Virago said:
"TheGreatGuero said:
"I recall seeing the trailer for this before The Dark Knight and at the time I was thinking "What lousy superhero wannabe movie is this?" Needless to say, I thought it looked pretty dull and wasn't impressed in the least. It turns out that makes me a bad person. Yay."
hahahahahhaha i can see that; without knowing anything of the graphic novel, it could be an absurd looking trailer... but... i think it looks amazing."
I wouldn't say bad person, maybe mildly not good?
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Maybe. ;) But yeah, for the record, I had no idea what it was. Maybe I'll end up thinking it's totally rad.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Win

I would suggest finishing the comic before watching anymore trailers...You will probably enjoy the trailers more if you read the comic first. Personally I think the movie looks awesome.

jakeroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jakeroc

My reaction to Watchmen news:

First trailer ---> Interest Piqued ----> Read book ----> Second trailer ---> came ----> Ecstatic

I'm not sure how i feel about the ending being changed, but if anyone has read the book, the ending is a humongous clusterfuck of psycho-psychiatric buttfuckery.

To put it in simple terms.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jakob187
Win said:
"I would suggest finishing the comic before watching anymore trailers...You will probably enjoy the trailers more if you read the comic first. Personally I think the movie looks awesome."
But that's kind of the problem as well, isn't it?  I mean, Guero makes a great point in the fact that unless you know the source material...and I mean KNOW the source material...then what is this movie really worth to the general public?  I mean, WB is hoping this will be some kind of pre-summer blockbuster for them, and the comic fans will definitely give it a good opening weekend...I'm sure.  However, the general mainstream public are probably looking at this like "WTF is this hippy-trippy cockamaymee bullshit?"...
I understand the movie isn't made for THOSE people necessarily, but with the changes that have been made, is the movie TRULY for us as well?  It's a mix of the both, and I think that if Watchmen doesn't show off strong in the first month like 300 or TDK did, WB is going to lose some confidence in putting these kinds of movies out.

Let's face it:  Watchmen is going to either make or break comic book movies for fans that want faithful renditions...and I don't think any of us want to go back to the way it WAS.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bulldog19892
Jaconius said:
"My reaction to Watchmen news:

First trailer ---> Interest Piqued ----> Read book ----> Second trailer ---> came ----> Ecstatic

I'm not sure how i feel about the ending being changed, but if anyone has read the book, the ending is a humongous clusterfuck of psycho-psychiatric buttfuckery.

To put it in simple terms."
You just summed up exactly how I feel about all of this.
Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Sarnecki

It's so squeaky clean...  I thought it was going to be layers of grime covered in rain Blade Runner style..

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bulldog19892
Sarnecki said:
"It's so squeaky clean...  I thought it was going to be layers of grime covered in rain Blade Runner style..

"
I don't remember a lot of rain in the book.
Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sarnecki

There was a bit.  It sets a mood.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I appreciate you guys not spoiling the ending for me, and I'm at chapter 4 right now. Rotten Tomatoes did an excellent feature that analyzed every frame from the two trailers. Here's a link to it if anyone's interested:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/watchmen/news/1782592/watching_the_latest_watchmen_trailer_a_detailed_analysis

Trailer 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEFdmNnkYOw
Trailer 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slj55jYuMro&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_990598

I have a question about the book but I'm not sure if it could be a spoiler so don't read on if you want to know as little about the book as possible...

Is the black freighter thing that comic within the comic about the end of the world?

END "SPOILER"

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By adam_grif
Jaconius said:
"My reaction to Watchmen news:

"
That is EXACTLY what happened with me. I saw the hi-def trailer on 1up, then remembered I had stumbled across the Watchmen article on tvtropes.org, which prompted me to look it up again. It said it was awesome, so I then torren... got my hands on a copy of it, and read it.

It was F awesome.

And the latest trailer has Muse in it, my favorite band. I came buckets.

Here is the latest trailer in case anyone cares:

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Aurelito

I'm disappointed of its casting. actress they chose for Laurie doesn't match,  and Comedian's voice oughta be more rough.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Virago
adam_grif said:

oh man that's fabulous. 
I'm still pissed about changing that line: "the world will shout save us. and i will whisper 'no'". it's so wrronnng. alan moore's a genius, why on earth would you try to improve it!?!?!? gah.
otherwise... Muse FTW
adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By adam_grif
Virago said:
"adam_grif said:

oh man that's fabulous. 
I'm still pissed about changing that line: "the world will shout save us. and i will whisper 'no'". it's so wrronnng. alan moore's a genius, why on earth would you try to improve it!?!?!? gah.
otherwise... Muse FTW
"
If you compare the way he says it in the 3rd trailer to the first you can tell they have both been edited down, and edited down differently.

We don't know what the final line is actually going to be in the movie, for all we know it's the full quote, and it probaly will be. But that thing is like half a paragraph long, and it would be hard to squeeze into a trailer that's only 2 minutes 30 to begin with.
Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sarnecki

There's going to be ALOT changed in this movie guys.  I mean, you can tell that already.  If little things like Nite Owl not being fat piss you off, you might have a fit if you see this movie.

I have to admit, the moment in the trailer Nite Owl drops from the ship and the Muse kicks up, is fucking GLORIOUS kinds of awesome.  Then Nite Owls reaction to a certain something that happens to a certain character...  It's going to be good.