#1 Posted by SaintLeonidas (173 posts) -
#2 Posted by Soopy (46 posts) -

it looks amazing. i loved reading the graphic novel and this movie looks to be faithful to it.

#3 Posted by Sharvie (93 posts) -

It think it looks pretty awesome. I don't know if it's worth going to the cinema for, though.

#4 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -
Soopy said:
"it looks amazing. i loved reading the graphic novel and this movie looks to be faithful to it.
"

Same.  The graphic novel is truely awesome, and the trailer left me wanting to see more now! 
#5 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

It looks surprisingly good. I really do hope that they do it justice though. I am a huge fan of the graphic novel.

#6 Posted by GagJ (77 posts) -

I really liked it but I thought the actor playing Rorschach was trying to hard with his voice, or thats what it seemed like from that tiny snippet

#7 Posted by RonNasty (11 posts) -

I think Snyder knows that this movie has to be the most faithful comic book adaptation ever for it to be really successful.  It's such an iconic graphic novel that even the most minor of changes or omissions is going to be picked out and flamed.  Saying this, I have faith that Snyder will make an amazing film.  The trailer only solidifies my opinion.

#8 Posted by Apollo (471 posts) -

Though i haven't read the novel i'm fairly certain they had me gripped when you seen Dr Manhattan.

Badass...

Of course thats just going off his appearance, as i said i never read the novel so for all i know he's an idiot...

#9 Posted by NWA (28 posts) -

i thought it was awesome.  dr manhattan looks great.

#10 Posted by teh_destroyer (3566 posts) -

I think it looks good,I have a lot of good faith in Zach Snyder as seeing his first 2 movies (Dawn of the Dead,300) were both very good.

#11 Posted by Kevin (369 posts) -

Never read the comic, so when I watched the trailer, I thought "wtf is this movie even about? well at least they got good music..."

#12 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

It looks awesome, I really dont know much about it tho.

#13 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Looks great!

#14 Posted by WorldsFastestShrimpPeeler (458 posts) -

looks pretty good to me. might go see it.

#15 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

Yay Solid Snakes movie.

#16 Posted by HarryDemeanor (80 posts) -

Looks really good. Can't wait to see it.

#17 Posted by Valandil (109 posts) -

Watchen is my favorite graphic novel of all time, and I think, although it has a different tone, that the movie is doing the book justice. It looks very awesome!

#18 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
Kevin said:
"Never read the comic, so when I watched the trailer, I thought "wtf is this movie even about? well at least they got good music..."
"
I reccomend you read it, it's superb. What was the name of the song they used though, I liked it.
#19 Posted by SaintLeonidas (173 posts) -

Its a Smashing Pumpkins song called like "The End is the Beginning is the End."

#20 Posted by BulletPulse (183 posts) -

Looks good.

#21 Posted by Diego (134 posts) -

i think it will be a really cool movie

#22 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
SaintLeonidas said:
"Its a Smashing Pumpkins song called like "The End is the Beginning is the End."
"
Ta guv'ner
#23 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

It looks pretty good. I'll definitely be checking it out.

#24 Posted by isawachuck (105 posts) -

I'll definitely be there for the opening day.  I've been waiting for this to happen for a looooong time now.  It's a safe bet that Alan Moore will hate it, but let's hope he doesn't hate it oo much.

#25 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -

The trailer looks awesome.

#26 Posted by SM5240 (146 posts) -

Saw the trailer in front of The Dark Knight and it was pretty impressive. It really utilized that Smashing Pumpkins song well, which I think added a lot.

#27 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

I've never read the graphic novel, but the trailer looked promising. 

#28 Posted by Funkyhamster (93 posts) -

It looked pretty cool... I want to read the graphic novel sometime; after that I'll probably have more appreciation for it.

#29 Posted by L (1681 posts) -

Trailer was awesome. The music by The Smashing Pumpkins went very well with it. I was just listening to that track.

#30 Posted by rckbikes (75 posts) -

Also, for those too lazy to read a graphic novel, to coincide with the movie's release, they've animated the comic and added voiceover (wouldn't say it's a cartoon... think the max payne cutscenes) and the 1st episode is free on iTunes... Not too shabby either!!

search "watchmen motion comics"

#31 Posted by Apollo (471 posts) -
isawachuck said:
"I'll definitely be there for the opening day.  I've been waiting for this to happen for a looooong time now.  It's a safe bet that Alan Moore will hate it, but let's hope he doesn't hate it oo much."
He won't even see it...
#32 Edited by Marterfarker (41 posts) -

I've read it three times, though the last time was probably 10-12 years ago.
I thought the trailer looked great, and that Snyder is trying really hard to do it justice.
It's an impossible task to get the amazing depth of character that existed in the comic book.
One of two things is going to happen. They'll make the film for those that read the comic book and already understand the characters.
This will leave the uninitiated scratching their heads in confusion.
Or, they will strip it down to be self contained to the film which will be nice for those late to the party, but will leave the fans pissed at all they had to leave out.

Which way is it going to go? Will have to wait and see.

Justin

#33 Posted by AndyWilliams24 (708 posts) -

It's looking immense. Let's hope it lives up to the hype.

#34 Posted by Darth_Tyrev (224 posts) -

Looks pretty cool.

#35 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

Saw this when I went to see The Dark Knight, and as soon as I saw Rorschach, I was like "Holy shit, I have to see this movie."

#36 Posted by Hannibal (863 posts) -

I wrote a blog about this last night just before going to sleep. It's kinda rambly.

I think it'll be a fantastic fan service but for anyone that hasn't read the book it'll probably suck since half of the enjoyment is getting all of the backstory.

#37 Posted by MSG (188 posts) -

I absolutely adore the graphic novel and the trailer was great.  I'm still a little skeptical about Snyder (the director) but from what we saw in the trailer it looks to be extremely faithful to the novel if anything.

On a side note, it's funny how little is actually in the trailer to interest people who aren't fans of the novel.  I saw the trailer in an IMAX theater before Dark Knight, and about 10 people, myself included, started cheering at its conclusion, but the rest of the audience, their faces made visible thanks to the IMAX screen, looked completely dumbfounded.

#38 Edited by Demyx (3237 posts) -

.rckbikes said:

"Also, for those too lazy to read a graphic novel, to coincide with the movie's release, they've animated the comic and added voiceover (wouldn't say it's a cartoon... think the max payne cutscenes) and the 1st episode is free on iTunes... Not too shabby either!!

"

if only I could use itunes. I'll try the zune marketplace, hopefully they'll have something.
#39 Posted by Aarny91 (3912 posts) -

It looks pretty awesome

#40 Posted by spiceninja (3056 posts) -

I bought the graphic novel right after I saw the trailer. I can't wait to read it.

#41 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -
rckbikes said:
"Also, for those too lazy to read a graphic novel, to coincide with the movie's release, they've animated the comic and added voiceover (wouldn't say it's a cartoon... think the max payne cutscenes) and the 1st episode is free on iTunes... Not too shabby either!!

"
I guess they dont have it in the UK, just looked for it.
#42 Posted by Premier111 (170 posts) -

meh.... just ok imo

#43 Posted by Nightkiller93 (174 posts) -

Looks awesome I'm pretty excited for this film.

#44 Posted by Zombie (201 posts) -

It looks decent.

#45 Posted by pimsy (62 posts) -

for people who have not read the graphic novel it will be awesome for people who have, it will suck balls

#46 Posted by mybigpose (162 posts) -

LOOKS AMAZING.
ive never really read the comic but it looks great.

#47 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

I was really impressed by the trailer. I like Zack Snyder as a director and I just love the look they have for this movie. I'm definitely going to check out the graphic novel first, though.

#48 Posted by error11 (79 posts) -

it looks great!