We are Giantbomb and we are proud.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Edited By musubi

So, I'm almost at 10,000 posts. My intention for the last few months knowing this was growing ever closer was to write something up on my 10,000'th post about why I love this community so much that I've in little over 2 years gotten to this number of posts as I really didn't start posting on the fourms until late 2010.

However, in light of yesterday's news I felt now was the time to make this. I first stumbled upon Giantbomb in early 2010 I was looking for a new podcast to keep my attention and having been part of other internet communities at the time the Bombcast always was mentioned in podcast talk. I got hooked pretty straight away on the podcast but that was it. Then, I started posting on the fourms and slowly but surely I fell in love with not only the core crew but you bastards on here as well.

No matter if its my wrestling brothers like @milkman, @turboman , @gunslingerpanda ( and the rest of you guys love you all) or the duders I've talked about fighting games with like @mrfluke and of course @ajayraz my Final Fantasy XIII defense force @animasta and @hailinel and everyone in between (even those weirdos in the anime thread like @cloudenvy) I love all of you guys I love arguing over stupid stuff like Boneless vs Bone-in chicken. It helps take my mind often off the shitty circumstances that life sometimes has to offer us.

And to the core crew thank you guys as well @alex your sardonic wit and humor makes the worst video games on the planet some of the most entertaining coverage on the site. @patrickklepek your willingness to actually try games off the beaten path and dig into stuff the rest of the guys won't touch is always appreciated. Can't wait to see you get to dig deeper in the future. @drewbert You're always so well informed on the topics you talk about and I could listen to you talk for hours. The North Korea video is still one of my favorite things on the site. @brad You've absolutely been in some of my favorite moments in the site I don't think I've ever been more pumped when you finally got your Mile High achievement. @vinny If being an all around nice dude was an illness you would have a terminal case of it. I love your always constantly positive attitude even in the worst of situations. You're one of the best video editors around. @rorie Oh man, I just wanna hug you and talk about puppies and Dark Souls. I really always appreciate you going out of your way to respond to me no matter if its on twitter or on the forums here. Hiring you was one of the best things Giantbomb has done. I hope your here for awhile.

And @snide you may not be around anymore but god damn if I don't seriously appreciate all the work you put into the site. I know you had a wedding to plan and a kid on the way and still you didn't cut corners on the site. I appreciate all your work I hope we see you on video content again soon. @jeff You are absolutely one of the reasons I started coming here. You're expansive knowledge on games is impressive but whats most impressive is the extra mile you always go to give back to the community or make us laugh with dumb shit like the Nintendo Download Xpress. I mean seriously who fucking does a podcast about Nintendo releases? You make me feel like I constantly have made the right decision to now for the last two years give you guys money.

Oh and @ryan I never did interact with you much in fact you blocked me on twitter for reasons entirely unknown to me but you were the absolute best host I've seen on live video content on the internet. Quite possibly on anything really. The way you paired people up the way you drilled them to ask the questions you wanted. You absolutely knew how to control the show in the way that would be most entertaining for the people watching. You went way too soon. You left a legacy here though a blueprint for not only to do video game coverage but how to live your life. Loud and laughing not afraid to ask questions or tell the truth. I'll miss hearing you every Tuesday.

And of course I love all the other various guests and friends of the bomb crew that come and go on the site. This site as a whole has given so much to me. We may fight every so often there may be that asshole that sneaks in the door but for the most part we're family here and we take care of our own. And just like Ryan said. Nothing can stop the bombcast and nothing can stop us. We are Giantbomb.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

That was a great post. I'd like to think we're a mismanaged family here on the forums. :)

twangwang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am a new member on this site and hope to have all the fun communicating on this website..

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twangwang: By all means join in the conversation. We'll be happy to have you. =)

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

<3

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@gunslingerpanda said:

<3

I can't think of any better way to put it than this.

Much like a real friendship we love getting on each others cases and rattling our sabres over daily pettiness but, like a real friendship, this community knows when it's time to drop the swords and come together when it's needed most.

Thanks to all of you.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We stand united!... or something.

jotap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good words... We'll keep going no matter what.

Citizengamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really lovely statement of support for the GB staff.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

raise your fists of solidarity to all Giant bomb crew and the whole GB community

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By MariachiMacabre

This blog and the countless others like it are why Ryan, I'm sure, was so goddamn proud of this dumb community of ours. I started posting around late 2010 as well and despite this tragedy, I fully intend to stick around a while longer. You, and the other users you mentioned, are a big part of why I post at all. Sensible, fun people that make finding good conversation on this site so abnormally easy. It's an astounding achievement in the industry, this site and its forums. And you guys are all fucking awesome. This terrible turn of events won't change that.

@blu3v3nom07 Ha. Love the changes you made to that shitty Love Ryan Davis picture I made. Makes it look much better than the terrible job I did.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

<>

The only "gang sign" I've ever done and will continue to do in real life!

No Caption Provided

I'm very sneakily doing it two rows behind Jeff, Drew & co. since I totally noticed Ryan was about to snap picture I had a feeling he was going to tweet before this one non-GB/CAH panel he was in back in the last PAX East. I'm really glad I was able to actually meet them personally, too. But yeah yo, I'm sharing this spontaneous "<>" pic in solidarity, because <> and because I love Giant Bomb!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This blog and the countless others like it are why Ryan, I'm sure, was so goddamn proud of this dumb community of ours. I started posting around late 2010 as well and despite this tragedy, I fully intend to stick around a while longer. You, and the other users you mentioned, are a big part of why I post at all. Sensible, fun people that make finding good conversation on this site so abnormally easy. It's an astounding achievement in the industry, this site and its forums. And you guys are all fucking awesome. This terrible turn of events won't change that.

@blu3v3nom07 Ha. Love the changes you made to that shitty Love Ryan Davis picture I made. Makes it look much better than the terrible job I did.

Ha! Thanks! That's just me being stubborn about holding on to my old image. Fixed it in Powerpoint. Couldn't figure out how to input that fat-ass font from the China shirts, so I just used yours. I still like your font btw; its a little indie. :) It took me a few hours almost-frustrated trying to figure out how to put transperency. @_@

And I liked your post too.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@blu3v3nom07 said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Ha! Thanks! That's just me being stubborn about holding on to my old image. Fixed it in Powerpoint. Couldn't figure out how to input that fat-ass font from the China shirts, so I just used yours. I still like your font btw; its a little indie. :) It took me a few hours almost-frustrated trying to figure out how to put transperency. @_@

And I liked your post too.

Yeah I couldn't find the China Don't Care font either so I just used Myriad. It ended up looking like something off of an amateur rap album or, as you said, some indie band album so I thought it worked. Glad you're getting use out of it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It makes it all the more easy to grieve with family. Ryan may be gone, but his spirit lives on in this site and it's community.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great post. Giant Bomb is invincible!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By Tireyo

Really lovely statement of support for the GB staff.

This.

Avatar image for mercury_infusion
Mercury_Infusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mercury_Infusion

I come from minecraft forum's OT section (and official chat) and I have only spent about 30 minutes here and my eyes are already starting to bleed from reading the threads on this forum's OT.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a weirdo? :( THE ANIME THREAD WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS. <3

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nice blog here. Good salute to the site. For the record I am totally a FF13 defender. That game is great.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes we can be obnoxious and silly, but at the end of the day, we are still the best community around.

@cloudenvy: We are all weirdos for some extent, there's nothing wrong with that.

norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@twangwang: Comment, post and chatter away, duder! I don’t post a whole lot, but I’ve been a member for years, and I love the vibe of this crazy place. :)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By musubi