Edited By LuckyWanderDude

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Yeah, if you weren't at the forums last night you missed out on all the fun!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I just read your last blog so I need to do some research and find the Dear Esther mod. I've played a lot of Half Life 2 mods, and I don't think I played that one. I saw the DVD of Waking Life and liked it, actually I forgot I saw it until you mentioned it. My wife is bipolar, so I feel for you dude. See you around and take care.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

1.  Richard Linklater's two best known works are Dazed and Confused and School of Rock.  Some of his best work, however, was with Slacker and Suburbia.

2.  Waking Life was the precursor movie that led to him doing A Scanner Darkly the way he did.  He's even said from time to time that it was a way for him to test the technique.

3.  Don't take anybody else's opinions into effect when seeing Watchmen.  You can't do that.  It's impossible to even watch the movie if you just base your expectations on other peoples' opinions.

5.  LAZY SUNDAY!!!
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Optiow
natetodamax said:
"Yeah, if you weren't at the forums last night you missed out on all the fun!"
I just made it here last night, and the forums were a lot busier than usual.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine
LuckyWanderDude said:
"It's been an all-around great weekend and selfishly, for my own records, I'm going to summarize it with this blog. As such, it is likely that none of you will care. The trick is on you however as I do not care that you don't care and since I'm in charge of my own blogging tools, nothing can be done to stop me from waxing on about my personal life at the expense of Giant Bomb!
The greatness of my weekend began Friday. I got home from school and finally found time to play The Path (see my previous entry). As I've mentioned, the game is amazing for those who are interested in experimental games or game design in general. It was the perfect start to my weekend because to play that game is an extremely enriching experience. Of course, after playing The Path I got on Giant Bomb to blog about my impressions of the game. The rest of the night, up until around 7 pm was spent chatting in the Giant Bomb forums which, as most of you probably understand, can be a very entertaining way to pass the time.
At 7 pm, I had a date with my girlfriend. We went to a nearby college town and had dinner. Afterward we came back to my house and watched a film called Waking Life. It was essentially a film in which a loose narrative is woven from the philosophical conversations of different people in a surreal, dreamworld. The most striking aspect of the film was its visual style. It was filmed with real actors and then animators went through the film, frame by frame, drawing inconsistent artwork over everything in the shots. Think A Scanner Darkly but with more dynamic art. It was a great film, which I expected as a fan of Richard Linklater films (his best known work: Slacker). Unfortunately, my girlfriend had a midnight curfew because the previous week she stayed at my house until 3 am. This, of course, was an abrupt end to the date.
I spent the rest of the night on Giant Bomb and Facebook. I was mostly hanging out in the forums which become extremely fascinating late at night or really early in the morning. At some point, I started doing some code work on a game I've been making. The incoherence of the time somehow helped with game making because the tuning of the game that I produced Friday night/Saturday morning is the best tuning I've come across in a long time. I was also waiting on Steam to finish downloading Half Life 2 so I could play a mod called Dear Esther. It was recommended to me by Dr_Feelgood38 in the comments of my previous blog entry. Once that finished downloading, I played around with the mod a bit and then went to bed.
Saturday was a a terrible day until around 3 pm. I suffer from manic depression and I think I was just in an emotional slump which always feels awful because nothing much can be done to address those states. I eventually began to snap out of it though as I played more of The Path, played Everyday Shooter, marvelled at the game tuning I had done the night before, and as I listened to my newly downloaded copy of In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel. My day got even better as my friends and I planned to see The Watchmen later. I had heard it wasn't very good, but I definitely needed to get out of the house so I was excited for the rest of the day. We almost got turned away at the theater because one of my friends forgot her ID but luckily we managed to sweet talk the manager into bending the rules. As I suspected, it was not a very good movie but it was at least a "fun" movie and I'll probably see it again with my girlfriend because she has expressed a desire to see it. I got home at around midnight and watched a bit of TV before going to bed.
Now we arrive at today. I don't have any homework or anything to do so I'm anticipating a lazy Sunday. I'll probably play more of The Path and also Schizoid if I can find the time. I'm also probably going to read more of a book called 2666 that I've been obsessed with lately. Other than that I could work on games some more or chat with my girlfriend on AIM and of course I'll be in the Giant Bomb forums on and off throughout the day."
Sounds like you had a great weekend besides the depression you suffered on Saturday. Why were you depressed?
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Wolverine
LuckyWanderDude said:
"Um, I don't really know. With manic depression (it's a psychological condition) moods swing all the time for no reason."
Oh okay. Anyway it sounds like you had a pretty sweet weekend. Your girl friend seems pretty cool if she is interested in watching Waking Life with you.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

The Path sounds very interesting. I might give it a look. Sounds like you had a decent weekend. Me too. It was one of my most satisfying weekends in a LONG time.