• 57 results
ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ichthy

There are too many picky eaters here! I wanna hear about all the weird things you guys like eating. Chicken feet was brought up on the podcast, and I love chicken's feet when cooked right at a nice dim sum restaurant.

mageemagoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes i eat capers on pizza?

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By UlquioKani

I love beetroot when my mother makes it because she makes it into a curry. Living in Britain, people don't know how to prepare beetroot properly so no one likes it. I can't cook it myself but its what I ask for when I'm on break from university.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By monetarydread

@ulquiokani: Pickled beets are incredible, roased beets are great in a salad, and Borscht is one of my favourite soups.

• Not to sound like I love pickled food, but I love pickled Bavarian Sausages.
  • Corned Beef in a slow cooker with SourKraut
  • Hawaiian Casserole (Its kind of like a Sweet Chlli, only with Pineapple)
  • Popcorn with hot sauce instead of butter.
Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A Steamed Brussel Sprout is all right by me.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like THAC0s. Especially with guacamole.

Anyway, I eat tons of weird stuff, like dinuguan, for instance. It's basically a pork blood stew with like, liver, and stuff.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

People call me weird for enjoying butterscorth morsels and slim jims together. They TASTE REALLY GOOD GUYS.

Marsher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

I tried pork intestine once, and I wasn't repulsed by it. I am also a HUGE fan of salty licorice.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#9  Edited By isomeri

I like surströmming and get a craving for it every once in a while. And I'm not even Swedish! The key is not to eat it straight out of the can, but make a nice sandwich with onions, potato and rye bread.

Loading Video...

EDIT: Oh and salmiakki of course, but that's nothing weird for people living around the Baltic Sea. Pretty much the only thing I won't consume is raw milk because I've got a wicked case of that lactose intolerance.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love eating cartilage. Like with ribs or chicken I will crunch all the end parts with the cartilage.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Lobster?

avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was a kid on of my favorite things to do was dip my peanut butter and jelly sandwich in ketchup.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By T_wester

Liver paste on rye bread with pickled herring

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss

The uglier it is and the deeper it lives in the sea, the more I want to eat it.

@marshermallow I'm also a fan of intense, salty licorice.

@avengedxsniper This seems to only be strange for adults as almost every kid I know likes ketchup on literally everything. Well, everything but candy :)

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@t_wester said:

Liver paste on rye bread with pickled herring

At first glance this sounds fucking horrible.

But then I thought about it.

I want.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge: It tastes great and provides you with a lot of essential vitamins.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The uglier it is and the deeper it lives in the sea, the more I want to eat it.

@marshermallow I'm also a fan of intense, salty licorice.

@avengedxsniper This seems to only be strange for adults as almost every kid I know likes ketchup on literally everything. Well, everything but candy :)

How do you eat the licorice that's made with ammonium chloride? I've tried multiple times but it feels like it's physically burning my mouth and nasal cavity.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gherkins. When i was a kid and went to Mc Donalds with my family they would always open up the burger and take out the slices of gherkin. I always ended up eating like 6 extra slices of gherkin (2 slices per burger)

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ichthy said:

How do you eat the licorice that's made with ammonium chloride? I've tried multiple times but it feels like it's physically burning my mouth and nasal cavity.

How do you eat it? Easy! Step 1: be a badass. Step 2: put it in your mouth and eat it. Step 3: Eat some more until the bag is empty.

You sort have to get costumed to it, but as far as I cane remember from my childhood, it did not take very long to me or my sister to get used to it. Once you get used to it, it is the best candy in the world. ...And call it salmiakki, salted liquorish is bad description of it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Over time I've come into owning crates - not boxes, but crates - of MRE's. I end up eating them on a regular basis since I can't cook and don't care to learn, and I actually don't mind them as a regular part of my diet.

IMP's though, those can fuck right off. My country has a long way to go on that front still.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A toasted bagel with Cheez Whiz

Deckard42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Braunschweiger

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Short disclosure first: When eating cow, people in my country tend to leave nothing behind... NOTHING. So, there are weird dishes that include the kidneys, the brain, the guts, the blood, etc... what in english you call "offal".

Funny thing is, in general, I like a lot of those "side dishes" more than the asado, which is closest we get to beef.

eddiephlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peanut butter on a cheeseburger

Avatar image for anonymous-poster
Anonymous-poster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like butter with my rice. Not so sure if people like that combo

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Well I'm Australian so...

Vegemite on fresh white bread with butter is the shit, you just don't spread it on thick like every tourist does before stating that it is the worst thing ever.

Kangaroo is really good but it can be difficult to cook correctly.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I guess venison might be the closest thing to a weird food the majority of people don't normally eat, particularly deer. Even deer heart is pretty good if cooked properly.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about a normal food that everyone loves but I hate? Pizza. FUCK PIZZA.

One thing I can think of on topic, I like eating Kiwis with the skin on. Love that hairy skin.

@earth001 said:

I like butter with my rice. Not so sure if people like that combo

Dude there is this powdered butter stuff thats meant for popcorn but I think it tastes great on rice.

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I can willingly eat and packaged super processed sandwich and or burger. Like the ones that come in those vacuumed bags and are a billion dollars. Not too bad if you're desperate.

Pizza pops.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DookieRope

Cow tongue and pork tripe. I love me some offal on some tacos.

Oh and bone marrow and anything made with lots of blood. Pretty much the garbage parts of the animal.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a big fan of all types of animals internal organs. Chicken liver and heart. Pork ears, tongue, intestine and feet. Cow liver, heart, balls, etc. Part of being chinese/japanese and had lived in Thailand for a while, builds a taste for these things.

DookieRope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am a big fan of all types of animals internal organs. Chicken liver and heart. Pork ears, tongue, intestine and feet. Cow liver, heart, balls, etc. Part of being chinese/japanese and had lived in Thailand for a while, builds a taste for these things.

This guy gets it.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cold, soft, french fries are the best.

Green olives and Hot Cheetos also make a fantastic combo.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can eat sweetened condensed milk with a spoon, and mentioning it to people always seems to upset them. I just really, really love sweet and sugary things.

Aside from that, me and my more adventurous roommate like getting weird looking side dishes from Philly's korean market. Very tiny, whole fish were one of our cooler discoveries. The container is usually just full of eyeballs by the time you finish eating the bodies and heads.

DasBoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's this Indian thing called mango pickle. It's kind of gross... yet interesting.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36  Edited By MocBucket62

I love me some Frog Legs! I assume that might be the weirdest food I can think of that I enjoy but most people would not eat.

The only other things I can think of is that I like Baked Spaghetti on pizza and Taco Pizza, which has refried beans, ground beef, lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese on a pizza crust with the option to put taco sauce and sour cream inna slice. I ate both pizzas at different restaurants and I dug both. More weird pizza done right!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By Hamst3r

Nothing, really. There are a few things that have wrinkled a nose or two upon description, but nothing crazy. Like...

Oxtail soup? Bones and all, floating in the broth. Yeah, it's a tail. The haters are probably just the weirdos from #teamboneless who can't handle a little bone'in.

Hagel Sandwich? Buttered bread with chocolate sprinkles. I hear it's a normal thing in Holland, but over in the US my hagelslag sandwiches have furrowed many a brow.

Chicken Alfredo pizza? "I want pizza, not chicken alfredo!" blather the muppets who don't understand what good pizza is. Alfredo pizza is delicious, punk.

I can't think of anything else of note. I've eaten chicken legs, squid tentacles, liver of various sorts, blood pudding, and "Scrapple" but they're not things I've had more than once or twice.

Yup, boring. :P

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Apple sliced thin on toast with ketchup on top.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hermes said:

Short disclosure first: When eating cow, people in my country tend to leave nothing behind... NOTHING. So, there are weird dishes that include the kidneys, the brain, the guts, the blood, etc... what in english you call "offal".

Funny thing is, in general, I like a lot of those "side dishes" more than the asado, which is closest we get to beef.

The other things are whatever... but the blood? That is possibly the grossest most disease ridden thing you can consume from an animal.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ichthy

@hermes said:

The other things are whatever... but the blood? That is possibly the grossest most disease ridden thing you can consume from an animal.

I find it kinda gross, but some people swear by it.

No Caption Provided

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I will literally eat any seafood you put in front of me as long as it's guaranteed not gonna kill me. Baby octopi are delicious.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

In Bosnia you had to save all the money you could, so families learned to enjoy cheap desserts. Powdered milk with some sugar on top and a dab of olive oil, then mixed with water. Makes this awwwwesome cream you can spread onto bread or eat straight up. You can even add cocoa powder in it and it will be chocolate. So good.

Also, tuna tuna tuna. Plain. In oatmeal with peanut butter. Any way you can think. I LOVE tuna. Even the smell of it. I don't know why others are put off by it, but as someone who's got my macro nutrition down to a science with my exercise, I learned to LOOOOOVE tuna.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ch3burashka

@isomeri said:

I like surströmming and get a craving for it every once in a while. And I'm not even Swedish! The key is not to eat it straight out of the can, but make a nice sandwich with onions, potato and rye bread.

Loading Video...

EDIT: Oh and salmiakki of course, but that's nothing weird for people living around the Baltic Sea. Pretty much the only thing I won't consume is raw milk because I've got a wicked case of that lactose intolerance.

Fun fact: Kessler died after consuming that fish; he's been replaced by a cyborg since that incident.

It was the cyborg that suggested to end the MKX demo with "Now that... was toasty."

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Anytime Meatloaf is brought up I always hear people express their disgust. The sad truth is they've never had good meatloaf. That's all I can think of.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Creamed eggs on toast.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love most variants of pickled herring. Preferably in a simple dish with potatoes and sallad, but it's also great on bread. And I enjoy Black Pudding every now and then. Sometimes on its own with lingonberries, sometimes along with bacon.

Don't know if these are weird foods, but I met enough people who are outright disgusted by it.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raw ground beef. Can't get enough of dat tartare.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hermes

@liquidprince said:

@hermes said:

Well... its not like we drink it straight up like we were a bunch of vampires. ;)

Its processed into a sausage called "morcilla". There is even a sweet variety that include raisins, but I am not a fan of those...

No Caption Provided

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sinusoidal
No Caption Provided

Beondegi (Korean steamed silkworm larva) is surprisingly OK.

I will literally eat any seafood you put in front of me as long as it's guaranteed not gonna kill me. Baby octopi are delicious.

I challenge you to try hongeo! Korean stingray. It's a holdover from the days of no refrigeration or preservation techniques. Fishermen long ago noticed that hey, it tastes fucking terrible, but it never goes bad and you can eat it and not starve! It never goes bad because it's drenched in ammonia. You ever smell horse urine? That's ammonia. Stingray is the most absolutely vile thing I have ever put in my mouth. I ate one tiny piece and very nearly threw up and have not touched it since.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know a lot of people like sushi and it really isn't that weird, well kind of weird, but I also know a ton of people that have never tried it because of the fact it has raw fish and think it will be nasty.