• 151 results
#1 Edited by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I think everyone on this planet does something that is considered weird by many people. What do you do?

When I walk, my right foot is slightly rotated to the left.

If I make something to eat and turn on the TV and I see that my favorite show JUST went to a commercial, I will not eat my food until the show starts.

If Im looking at a stranger and he turns his or her head and sees me looking at him/her I don't turn away my head like most people do. I don't know why. I guess I like observing people.

I can't think of anything else right now...
#2 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

I sleep on the floor instead of a normal bed. Idk I just find it more comfortable.

#3 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

I am fascinated by the odometer in my car.  I run through the number patterns.  I especially look forward to 'special' numbers.  Today my odometer clicked over to 123321.  That's a good number.

No, I'm serious.  Stop laughing at me.
#4 Posted by William (441 posts) -

I sleep with a fan right next to my head. (is that weird?)

#5 Posted by Falconet (26 posts) -

i don't answer my phone almost every time  that a girl calls

#6 Posted by EisforExtinction (78 posts) -

I wear a t-shirt to bed most nights and under no circumstances can that shirt be black.

#7 Posted by Shazam (474 posts) -

I make bets with myself. Like, I bet you can't tie your shoe lace in under 3 seconds or random shit like that.

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13195 posts) -

I always catch myself thinking "How will that look on a court transcript?"

#9 Posted by Matt_ (337 posts) -
William said:
"I sleep with a fan right next to my head. (is that weird?)"

I do the exact same thing.

I am absolutely disgusted by all condiments. This includes Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonaise, Miracle Whip, etc. I just put cheese on everything or eat it plain.
#10 Posted by EisforExtinction (78 posts) -
Shazam said:
"I make bets with myself. Like, I bet you can't tie your shoe lace in under 3 seconds or random shit like that. "
I totally do that too. Bringing gaming to life I guess.
#11 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
Death_Unicorn said:
"I sleep on the floor instead of a normal bed. Idk I just find it more comfortable."
Same, plus:

I always take 20 minute showers before leaving the house
If I have a pencil or a pen with me I write random stuff in even randomer places, like my TV
I touch my hair...a lot
I listen to Abba when there's nobody in the house (pathetic I know)
I wear skirts, don't do it often now though.

Yeah, i'm pretty much the definition of weird.

#12 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Lol some of these stuff is pretty funny because I actually do those things as well.

Oh, sometimes, I try to move shit with my mind.
#13 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I bounce a little when I walk.

#14 Posted by Coltonio7 (3156 posts) -

I like men.

#15 Posted by RafamanGrundy (44 posts) -

If I have a thought I often spend a while rephrasing it to myself until it sounds as 'well written' as possible.
Before going to sleep, just after closing my eyes I imagine myself as an immortal space-ninja travelling the universe eternally.
I am a fully-grown adult.

#16 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

I wear gloves when I touch raw meat

I will not use the bathroom in the dark, and if I have to go into a bathroom with no light, I cannot look at a mirror (long story)
I only sleep on my side 
I always eat an apple with a knife

#17 Posted by The_Dude (798 posts) -
auspiciousqueue said:
"I wear gloves when I touch raw meat
I will not use the bathroom in the dark, and if I have to go into a bathroom with no light, I cannot look at a mirror (long story)
I only sleep on my side 

"
I want to hear the long story.
#18 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -
Twilight said:
"Lol some of these stuff is pretty funny because I actually do those things as well.

Oh, sometimes, I try to move shit with my mind.
"
Same. =D Hell, you never know what will happen till you try.
#19 Edited by DeadMonkeys (825 posts) -
auspiciousqueue said:
"I will not use the bathroom in the dark, and if I have to go into a bathroom with no light, I cannot look at a mirror (long story)"
Bloody Mary or Candyman?
#20 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

When I'm bored I find myself absent-mindedly spinning a pen inbetween my fingers. I've done it so much that it's come to the point that I can do it very fast and accidentally send the pen flying across the room.

#21 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -
The_Dude said:
"auspiciousqueue said:
"I wear gloves when I touch raw meat
I only sleep on my side 

"
I want to hear the long story."

Very uninteresting story, but if you want to know. When I was little, my babysitter would lock me in the bathroom and force me to repeat 'bloody mary.'  This was the one where you had to say it about 99 times, so I was in there for awhile. I swear I saw something in that mirror staring back at me,but I know logically that I did not and it was just my childhood imagination. So I still cannot look at a mirror in the dark. Also, I used to hear all those stories about snakes in the pipelines of apartment buildings and houses and people finding snakes sleeping in their toilet, spiders living under toilet seats and then biting them, or laying their eggs in people's skin (I hate spiders)... etc. Oh yeah, and I watched the original Psycho film. I guess in short, the worst way to die would be in the bathroom. Poor Elvis.
#22 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

24/7, I have a random rhythm going on in my head.  Thus I'm constantly drumming on the wall, or subtly bouncing up and down.  As you could imagine, it gets really annoying for everyone else. lol

#23 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
Coltonio7 said:
"I like men."
LULZ

As for my weird things:
  • If I'm eating any kind of sandwich (hamburgers included), I have to keep everything squared on the edges.  I can't just chomp into it and eat.  I will nitpick the hell out of it until everything makes a perfect line...and I mean PERFECT line.
  • If I have any fries left after I'm done eating a burger, I throw the fries away.  I can only eat fries now if I have a burger to eat them with.
  • Before I play a video game, I have to turn a full 360 degrees before I sit down.  I don't know why.  I just do.
  • I count EVERYTHING.  For instance, whenever I see a room with tiles, I count the tiles and try to figure out all the numbers it's divisible by to see if I can form a perfect pattern.  This sentence, right now...I'm trying to figure out where the halfway point in the number of characters is.
#24 Edited by TwoLines (2810 posts) -
Twilight said:
"I think everyone on this planet does something that is considered weird by many people. What do you do?

When I walk, my right foot is slightly rotated to the left.

If I make something to eat and turn on the TV and I see that my favorite show JUST went to a commercial, I will not eat my food until the show starts.

If Im looking at a stranger and he turns his or her head and sees me looking at him/her I don't turn away my head like most people do. I don't know why. I guess I like observing people.

I can't think of anything else right now...
"
That means you have a strong character dude- it's like with all animals.
I try to lock the lock even after it's locked. I do that about 20 times before sleeping.
Also- I try not to step on the cracked pavement. Or between those blocks. Like in the movie with Jack Nicholson.
#25 Edited by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I have restless leg syndrome, so I often freak out because I think I feel spiders (I'm also an arachnophobe) on my leg or something. I'm also constantly moving my legs. I do it in my sleep too. I don't give a shit about the medication though because honestly I don't care about it at all. I've grown to like it (the constantly moving part anyway).

Also, I have this Fossil watch that I wear that dials down the seconds on a digital face, sort of like the odometer that oldschool mentioned. Every time it cycles through (i.e. 29 to 30) it slides down both numbers, and when it hits 60 it does it twice. I love seeing it cycle twice. I don't know why.

Also, I never get cold. The most I'll wear in any weather above 10 degrees Farenheit is a hoodie. Below that, I'll wear a vest over the hoodie and maybe gloves if it's below 5. I wear t-shirts until it's 35 degrees, but I've been known to wear them below freezing. I also leave my window open along with the fan. In the middle of the winter. This may tie in to the fact that my natural tempurature range seems to be 20 degrees below normal, which is why my hands are almost always sweating in 70+ degree weather.
#26 Posted by MattyFTM (14383 posts) -

I eat plastic.

#27 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"I eat plastic."
Same.  If I'm bored, I'll start chewing on anything within reach. lol
#28 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
oldschool said:
"I am fascinated by the odometer in my car.  I run through the number patterns.  I especially look forward to 'special' numbers.  Today my odometer clicked over to 123321.  That's a good number.

No, I'm serious.  Stop laughing at me.
"
I do that too, though not just with odometers. i laugh when the time is 13:37, and at 7:11. My phone number is oh so close to counting up from 1. I see conspiracies in numbers everywhere.
#29 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
"auspiciousqueue said:
"I will not use the bathroom in the dark, and if I have to go into a bathroom with no light, I cannot look at a mirror (long story)"
Bloody Mary or Candyman?"
Biggie Smalls
#30 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -

I often avoid stepping on lines when on a floor/street with patterns. If I do step on a line, I feel a need to step on another line with the other foot, in exactly the same way as the first one. If it's a colored pattern, I need to step as many times with both feet on the same color(if I step twice on blue with my right foot, I need to step twice on blue with my left, or something feels wrong).

I occasionally talk by myself(when nobody's around). Note that I don't talk to myself.

I constantly have a rythm or song in my head, and often drum/tap the beat.

#31 Posted by Bigdonkey1 (42 posts) -

i walk with an ever so slight limp/skip that kind of looks like i'm only wearing one shoe

#32 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I talk to myself about what's going on in my head from time to time. Well, I used to a lot, but I've kinda stopped.

#33 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

I spent almost a year sleeping on my couch

#34 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -

I wear socks when I sleep sometimes.

#35 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

I always have to be throwing something up in the air and catching it.

I whistle a lot.

Nothing really weird I guess, I'm an incredibly boring person.

#36 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -
Black_Rose said:
"Death_Unicorn said:
"I sleep on the floor instead of a normal bed. Idk I just find it more comfortable."
Same, plus:I always take 20 minute showers before leaving the houseIf I have a pencil or a pen with me I write random stuff in even randomer places, like my TVI touch my hair...a lotI listen to Abba when there's nobody in the house (pathetic I know)I wear skirts, don't do it often now though. Yeah, i'm pretty much the definition of weird. "
Dude, what enjoyment do you get out of wearing skirts?
#37 Posted by DeadMonkeys (825 posts) -
Wolverine said:
"Black_Rose said:
"Death_Unicorn said:
Same, plus:I always take 20 minute showers before leaving the houseIf I have a pencil or a pen with me I write random stuff in even randomer places, like my TVI touch my hair...a lotI listen to Abba when there's nobody in the house (pathetic I know)I wear skirts, don't do it often now though. Yeah, i'm pretty much the definition of weird. "
Dude, what enjoyment do you get out of wearing skirts? "
Could be a girl and she likes to look pretty. Not sure though, since Rose's gender is listed as "other".
#38 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

I have fully fledged conversations with myself and other people inside my head.

#39 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
Cwaff said:
"I have fully fledged conversations with myself and other people inside my head."
R... iiiiight...
#40 Posted by SinGulaR (2306 posts) -

I have a daily activity plan

I have a "to do" list with almost 2000 entries

#41 Posted by Icemael (6320 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Cwaff said:
"I have fully fledged conversations with myself and other people inside my head."
R... iiiiight...
"
What? Don't everyone? No? Why am I asking? Well, er... you know, I often...  I mean, my friend often has them. Yeah, that's right. My friend.
#42 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -
Death_Unicorn said:
a year ago i decided to do that. BEST decision ever, i just have a mattress on my floor and it is ill
a big change from being on a standard bed and the ground is having my feet just dangle onto the floor instead of hanging off a traditional bed
i sleep diagonally sometimes because my feet are too long and hang off of my bed (Queen size)
i need to order most of my shoes when i want new ones due to my size
i hit my head on an object in my house at least once a day
i can hold my breath underwater for a minute and a half
i am tall, even though my family is ALOT smaller
i can drink a 500ml water bottle in 2 seconds flat
i drink mainly water, because i like the taste and hydration
for a few years my left eye lid would always be closed a bit more than my right (only noticeable in pictures)
I smoked marijuana everyday 1-3 times a day for 2 and a half years until 1 day i just stopped for no apparent reason O_o
My eye color has changed 5 times in the past 4 years ( and still appears to be changing )
as someone else said above i tend to find small pieces of plastic and chew the hell our of them
have never had a hangover EVER
Have had a fever of 103 several times throughout my life and have had INTENSE visual hallucinations that i can still remember
i have dreams of conversations that have no meaning and later on live out those conversations, sometimes months or years later ( <-- you may think i am stupid, but it happens)
have beats in my head and make drum beats all the time ( someone else also said that here)
if i am on my computer doing something i will have my tv turned on for no reason, muted right next to me with either a blank screen or cnn muted
i will change the volume constantly when watching a movie, listening to music, or gaming... and always turned to a number i like ( like if its at -32 i will make it -30 or -35)
#43 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I sleep naked and sometimes my ass will stick to the sheets...  Oh well... it will dry.

#44 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

When I sleep, I don't change into anything different, and I must be sleeping perfectly flat with a very light pillow.

I also like my food very simple. Ham and cheese sandwich (with nothing else) and a Bacon and Cheese Hamburger (nothing else).
#45 Edited by DeadMonkeys (825 posts) -
Claude said:
"I sleep naked and sometimes my ass will stick to the sheets...  Oh well... it will dry."
Gross.
#46 Posted by Jolly_Lolly (3537 posts) -
  • I often mumble to myself without even noticing (I get looks sometimes but we just laugh it off :P)
  • Whenever talking to someone I absent mindfully do something (i.e. pick something up, open the window, etc) and then when I see something out of place, I always wonder how it got there :P
  • I tend to play out conversations before hand
  • I can unfocus my eyes without hesitation (hence why I'm so good with steriograms)
  • I have a pretty fucked up imagination (i.e. when I lie in bed, if im on the far side of the bed I picture a scary girl slowly rising from under the bed, but just so you can only see her dark, troubling eyes xD)
  • I tend to scare myself, but I don't know why
  • I am always out of it. When I sit in class I can zone out for so long that I sometimes don't even notice when the bell to go has rung and I'm the only one left in class, staring blankly at the wall :P
#47 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

Well besides being obsessive compulsive,the only thing i always do,is I MUST have a significant amount of cold water by my bedside when I go to bed,even if I don't drink it the night before,i dump it out and refill it every night.

#48 Posted by CharlieTunoku (8 posts) -

I enter televisions and compulsively eat instant noodles that are, in fact, not mine.

#49 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
Claude said:
"I sleep naked and sometimes my ass will stick to the sheets...  Oh well... it will dry."
lolwut

You're not the 40-something year old I thought you were.
#50 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -
Coltonio7 said:
"I like men."
That's not so weird. I hear its all the rage these days.

I keep all of my games in neat rows in alphabetical order and I never throw away manuals or ads that come with the game.

I listen to genres of music most people around me don't even know exist (ex: gabber, breakcore)