#1 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

I recently went to an asian supermarket with my girlfriend and we bought black bean ice cream. Needless to say it tasted like crap. It also made my mouth black for the entire day. That got me thinking that there are probably many even stranger ice cream flavors out there. Anyone had any?

#2 Posted by N7 (3589 posts) -

I went to some weird goth party a few years back and they were serving "menstrual blood" flavored ice cream.

Tasted awful.

#3 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I've never tasted a weird flavor of ice cream cone, because I'm too much of a pussy. But I have had licorice ice cream cones before, and that's about as weird as it's gotten. And they're delicious.

#4 Posted by bartok (2480 posts) -

I had garlic flavored gelato does that count ?   I have to be honest it wasn't that bad.  It tasted like vanilla with a mild garlic after taste.  Not something I would eat on a regular basis but I would eat it again at another garlic festival.

#5 Posted by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

I once had goats milk ice cream, but that just tastes like normal ice cream. Just sounds odd.

#6 Posted by Axersia (1616 posts) -

I had some potato and green tea ice cream while I was in Japan. The potato ice cream tasted like raw potatoes (i.e., shit), but the green tea ice cream was alright as they put a ton of sugar in it (unlike actual Japanese-style green tea -- which has no sugar in it and tastes pretty damn bland).

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11942 posts) -

Only 'weird' flavour would be green tea...

#8 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -
@N7 said:
I went to some weird goth party a few years back and they were serving "menstrual blood" flavored ice cream.  Tasted awful.
Really? Something called 'menstrual blood' flavoured ice cream tasted awful and wasn't creamy delicious? Weird. 
#9 Posted by Khann (2851 posts) -

Vanilla. 

Blew my mind.

#10 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Wasabi. Hottest cold food you'll ever have.

#11 Posted by N7 (3589 posts) -
@HS21 said:
@N7 said:
I went to some weird goth party a few years back and they were serving "menstrual blood" flavored ice cream.  Tasted awful.
Really? Something called 'menstrual blood' flavoured ice cream tasted awful and wasn't creamy delicious? Weird. 
That's the same thought I had.
#12 Posted by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -

Peanut Butter and Jelly... a great combination made less palpable in ice cream form. 

#13 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -
@PenguinDust: That's Unbelievable! Who would make such a creation?!
#14 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

I never ate weird ice cream.

#15 Posted by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -
@superpow:  It's not that unheard of, but it's still something you need to hunt down if you're interested in it.  EXAMPLE.  I think I tried mine at a local ice cream parlor.  
#16 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -
@PenguinDust: That looks deceivingly delicious. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It's blown my mind.
#17 Posted by SoldierG654342 (1766 posts) -

Watermelon. That was really weird. 

#18 Edited by Castiel (2616 posts) -

You can buy liquorice ice cream here in Denmark, but I have never tasted it and I don't intend to! 

#19 Edited by CandiBunni (465 posts) -
@N7 said:

Sounds absolutely disguting just from the name alone. I don't think I've ever had an ice cream flavour that's every tasted weird, though I don't like strawberry flavoured ice cream.
#20 Posted by ChristianConservativeVinny (95 posts) -

I had ice cream where barbecue sauce was one of the principal flavorings. That was interesting.  It was actually not bad-interesting, either. It tasted really good, but once you knew it had barbecue sauce in it, it's not like you were SHOCKED.

#21 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

Green Tea. I kind of liked it. Also, ginger.

#22 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

chicken.

#23 Posted by LittleBigJono (252 posts) -

had pistachio flavored once, it was okay but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it

#24 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

Mint.

#25 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

Bacon

#26 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

Bacon

#27 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Nothing really weird. I love cotton candy and bubble gum, but I haven't seen that stuff in years. I have been craving some cotton candy ice cream for a few months now, but I can't find it anywhere.

#28 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

Never have eaten weird flavors of ice cream. I do however want to go to Japan so that I can try raw horse meat ice cream.

#29 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -

You can get Rose flavored ice cream at a lot of Indian markets. It's actually very good. 

#30 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -
@N7 said:
maybe you should of got an hiv test after that.
#31 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Butternut squash

#32 Posted by powerpc127 (99 posts) -

In order of wierdness. Also, some of these were gelato.

Pistachio
Lavendar (really good actually)
Tiger (orange ice cream, although possibly orange sorbet, with stripes of black licorice ice cream in it).

#33 Posted by MrDorkins (38 posts) -

Bacon ice cream, it was amazing

#34 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Bacon! ... it was weird but good 

@Castiel said:

You can buy liquorice ice cream here in Denmark, but I have never tasted it and I don't intend to! 
That is probably the most disgusting thing we have here in Denmark.