• 79 results
#1 Edited by oliver (124 posts) -

Me lambs brains in a curry

#2 Edited by Sinusoidal (1304 posts) -

Live octopus. Which was actually pleasant compared to raw stingray which smells (and tastes like I imagine) horse piss.

#3 Edited by Mocca_Bear (61 posts) -

Whale... Felt bad when I was rating it...

#4 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6389 posts) -

Live octopus. Which was actually pleasant compared to raw stingray which smells (and tastes like I imagine) horse piss.

This actually prompted me to look up several dangerous delicacies and......Jesus. Foreign food is scary, including live octopus.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (23972 posts) -

Not really weird, but I had the opportunity to eat some natto in Japanese class once. It's...an acquired taste.

#6 Posted by Sinusoidal (1304 posts) -

@sinusoidal said:

This actually prompted me to look up several dangerous delicacies and......Jesus. Foreign food is scary, including live octopus.

I wasn't eating the whole baby octopus. That's the one that's dangerous if you eat it wrong. The one I ate was a cut up, normal sized octopus, which isn't really dangerous at all. At best a piece or two of tentacle will ineffectually try to stick to the side of your mouth.

#7 Posted by laserguy (439 posts) -

Why cant you eat baby octo? All this does is make me want to watch Old Boy.

#8 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (752 posts) -

Preserved winter melon pickled with salt. It basically smells like a public bathroom that's full of shit that hasn't been cleaned in years and tastes like concentrated salt.

Kinda gross.

#9 Posted by TyCobb (1948 posts) -

Whale... Felt bad when I was rating it...

Why? Do you feel bad when you eat any other meat or fish?

#10 Posted by Hunter5024 (5555 posts) -

I ate dirt when I was a kid. It really wasn't as bad as you'd think.

#11 Edited by Christoffer (1762 posts) -

Fermented fish isn't really that weird, being a swede and all, but I guess that has to be it.

And I've swallowed a lot of bugs while biking, if that counts?

#12 Edited by SaturdayNightSpecials (2323 posts) -

Koyadofu, I suppose. It's tofu that's been freeze-dried and rehydrated, which gives it a spongy texture. If you've ever had a McGriddle, imagine one of the mini-pancakes from that, without the syrup bits, and totally saturated with water. It's remarkably similar to that.

Sounds disgusting, but it's actually rather nice if you squeeze out most of the water and dip it in soy sauce. And I don't even like tofu that much.

#13 Edited by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

In my teens I was known for being able to eat ANY INSECT I was challenged with.

I kinda did it for shock value, doing something so simple while everyone else is freaking out. Feels SO good man.

#14 Posted by TechHits (1372 posts) -

In my teens I was known for being able to eat ANY INSECT I was challenged with.

I kinda did it for shock value, doing something so simple while everyone else is freaking out. Feels SO good man.

I'm speechless

#15 Posted by Sergio (2055 posts) -

Chicken feet.

#16 Posted by PoisonJam7 (326 posts) -

@tsutohiro: I dare you to eat a roach right now!!

#17 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Whale? It's certainly on the weird scale outside Norway and Japan.

#18 Posted by RonGalaxy (2912 posts) -

A pigs eyeball

#19 Edited by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

@poisonjam7: All insects must be provided by the challenger. Pointed out anyway...maybe even caught.

Also, its been awhile. ...it wouldn't be the first roach though. Yeah.

#20 Posted by isomeri (1226 posts) -

I eat surströmming at least once a year and really enjoy the taste of it. It'd be hard to name the strangest thing I've eaten, but goat testicles and alligator tail are probably the first things that come to mind.

#21 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Elk. A friend of mine went to Wyoming to visit family and brought back like 10 pounds of elk meat. We had quite a feast that day. It was damn good.

#22 Posted by audioBusting (1481 posts) -

I've eaten deep-fried maggots and they're surprisingly delicious. They taste like french fries. I tried grilled stingrays too and their texture is surprisingly like chicken breast.

Some food I thought were normal are kinda weird in hindsight. Stuff like tempe, frog legs, and frozen tofu, for example.

#23 Posted by weegieanawrench (1935 posts) -

I guess camel or cock's comb. The camel came as sliders and was quite flavourful. The cock's comb was surprisingly good, but I don't really know what to liken the taste too.

#24 Edited by gokaired (490 posts) -

Um, Hotdogs and marshmallows. I reccomend it :)

#25 Edited by MocBucket62 (1160 posts) -

Chicken Hearts, had it at a Churrsachura-style restaurant.

#26 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

Mämmi is not that weird for finnish people, but it might look weird for foreigners since it looks like poop. Some say it even tastes like poop but I have never eaten poop so I can't confirm. But I think it tastes good...

#27 Edited by Everyones_A_Critic (6289 posts) -

No one's said pussy yet? "We used to eat it all the time back in the day!"

#28 Posted by automatontribe (196 posts) -

The weirdest things I have eaten are sheep testicles and moose tongue. Sounds exiting but both had rather unpleasant textures and in terms of taste, were rather bland.

#29 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

In school I had an American friend whose dad would send him weird shit, i had some Alligator Jerky, and a lollipop with a scorpion inside it.

That's about it

#30 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

Chicken heart, cow heart, ostrich.

#31 Posted by PurpleSpandex (282 posts) -

I licked the bottom of my shoe once.....does that count?

#32 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Mealworm. It was inside a sucker though, so I don't know if that counts.

#33 Posted by PinkFloydPLA (32 posts) -

pussy

#34 Posted by Zleunamme (652 posts) -

Taco Bell nachos.

#35 Edited by PimblyCharles (1319 posts) -

I tried fried conch while in the bahamas. It may look like a chicken nugget, but it sure as hell doesn't taste like one. Imagine if the chicken was replaced by slime.

#36 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3059 posts) -

Arby's

#37 Posted by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -

bull testicles.... I got to drink at my favorite bar for free for a month... but the mental scars, they last forever.

#38 Posted by Video_Game_King (36107 posts) -

You.

#39 Posted by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -

@icemo said:

Mämmi is not that weird for finnish people, but it might look weird for foreigners since it looks like poop. Some say it even tastes like poop but I have never eaten poop so I can't confirm. But I think it tastes good...

Mämmi is made of water, rye flour, and powdered malted rye, seasoned with dark molasses, salt, and dried powdered Seville orangezest.

Maybe I'm alone in this but who cares what it looks like, that sounds lovely.

#40 Posted by forkboy (1118 posts) -

I dunno. As a vegetarian I've not really anything that out there. Quinoa? Some weird varieties of potato from South America? Nothing too weird.

#41 Posted by CrazyCraven (160 posts) -

Laverbread and Cockles. Love both.

Also deep-fried battered mars bar

#42 Posted by Clonedzero (4095 posts) -

Longpig

#43 Posted by OldGuy (1517 posts) -

It depends on how you define weird really, but I'll go with what the sheltered human might not care for: Chitlins (fried), Lutefisk, Chicken Feet, Haggis (it's near impossible to find good (real) Haggis in the U.S. - the lungs seem to be the issue)... etc., etc...

#44 Posted by Mocca_Bear (61 posts) -

@tycobb:

Why can't I just feel bad?

#45 Edited by WhiteForestParkRangr (47 posts) -

Roasted goat's skull (no face meat, eyes, or anything just the skull); eating the brain after popping off the crown a la Temple of Doom, though of course the brain was thoroughly slow-roasted inside the skull and not chilled/raw.

If you like the flavor of egg yolks, you're gonna love this shit! It's very much the flavor and gelatinous consistency of partially cooked yolk, except much more earthy/rich. If the opportunity presented itself, I wouldn't mind having it again.

#46 Edited by chiablo (909 posts) -

I'll put peanut butter and honey on a grilled cheese sandwich. This is tame compared to you weirdos. :p

#47 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

Your Mom.

Admit it, you all smirked a little....damn it.

#48 Posted by Krullban (1024 posts) -

I ate dog once. Kinda like a broth/soup thing with dog meat and vegetables. Tasted kinda like beef and pork mixed together or something.

#49 Posted by hanktherapper (374 posts) -

Brussels sprouts.

#50 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5271 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

Your Mom.

Admit it, you all smirked a little....damn it.

lol