• 79 results
#51 Posted by Freelancer52 (62 posts) -

rattlesnake

#52 Posted by StarvingGamer (7565 posts) -

Dunno, maybe this?

#53 Edited by CaLe (3678 posts) -

Black pudding. I didn't know it was made from blood until years after I had eaten it, and have not tried it since. I'm not the type of person who will try anything just once for the experience, not at all.

#54 Posted by Brenderous (1079 posts) -

Something that I was told (afterwards) was called Fish Stomach Soup. It was like chicken noodle, but imagine if they had thrown some gelatin in there.

#55 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4029 posts) -

Beef intestines. Chicken neck. Pig fat soup.

Ech.

#56 Edited by IAmNotBatman (615 posts) -
#57 Posted by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

@tycobb:

Why can't I just feel bad?

Not saying you can't. I was just curious as it doesn't make sense to me that you would feel bad for one and not the others.

#58 Posted by wewantsthering (1459 posts) -

Rattlesnake and Poptarts. No really. We were camping and we killed a rattlesnake, cooked it in bacon grease, and had Poptarts in the same meal. :-)

#59 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Ate a mealworm once. Like, the ones you're supposed to feed to reptiles.

And some weird wasabi dried seaweed shit that I really fucking hated.

#60 Posted by Zelyre (983 posts) -

Fish jello.

I can't think of anything strange in my Asian travels. I do love me some chicken feet during dim sum, though.

I've seen someone eat shrimp heads. I was pulling them off the shrimp and what was odd to me, was that it was an older white man who asked if I was going to eat them. He scarfed one down, stated it was his favorite part. I gave it a little nibble, but I couldn't get past eating the shell.

#61 Posted by MikeFerrari7 (167 posts) -

It has become sort of a tradition for myself and some friends to eat a raw fish heart during our yearly fishing trip. Drunk people I tell ya.

#62 Edited by Brackynews (3966 posts) -

@pimblycharles: Yup I was picky about the preparation of conch I chose off a menu. Fried and crispy in salad worked out ok.

@sergio said:

Chicken feet.

I looked at a bucket of fresh chicken feet in the Chinese grocery just this morning.

Most socially unusual food would be thinly sliced raw horse in Japan. Very fatty.

Most WTF Am I Eating? is definitely Japanese pizza. For those who don't instantly understand the concept, think one topping per slice. Here's your one slice with asparagus, here's one with corn, here's one with egg, here's unspecified seafood with hollandaise sauce... this pattern repeated several times in different places, including some of the better Italian joints in Tokyo....

When my sister-in-law eats shrimp sashimi, they are normally served as whole shrimp. We have lots of photos of her letting the head stick out of her mouth. T_T

For the record I think eating any animal while it's still alive is about the most animalistic and barbaric thing imaginable.

#63 Posted by SarcasticMudcrab (138 posts) -

I swallowed a bee once when I was on a bouncy castle. Freaked me out. Other than that, hmm well I've been a chef for about 14 years so all kinds of stuff, although I don't think it gets weirder than bee.

#64 Posted by Mocca_Bear (56 posts) -
#65 Posted by phampire (263 posts) -

I've eaten one of those duck eggs with a fetus it in, it looks terrible but doesn't taste that bad.

#66 Posted by mina_mina752 (121 posts) -

in gaming: a giant toe !

in real life: hohos cake with ants flavor (i didn't see them) !

#67 Edited by Aetheldod (3342 posts) -

Well Im rather , how I put it .... not adventurous in terms of food , so the most weird stuff I have eaten was squid and I fucking hated it (I was forced to eat it) , so yeah it most be tame in comparrisson to the rest of you duders

#68 Edited by Embryonic (100 posts) -

There's a food market near my uni that sells Ostrich burgers. Me and few friends bought some for shits and giggles, they tasted surprisingly good.

#69 Edited by HerbieBug (3844 posts) -

Haggis. It's actually not bad. It's not something I would order in a restaurant or try to cook, but if offered on a cracker or something i'll eat it. It's just lamb organ meat ground smooth with some spices and fat. The cooking inside sheep's stomach is an optional. Apparently most commercially sold haggis is made in ordinary sausage casing.,

Keep in mind, though, that I am an extremely picky eater and will reject a lot of things out of hand without even considering it. So haven't eaten much in the way of weird.

#70 Posted by Trilogy (2569 posts) -

I've never really went too weird in my culinary experiences. Alligator sausage is the only thing I can think of. It was so good too.

#71 Posted by MB (11302 posts) -

I've eaten bushmeat in Sudan of a few different varieties. Some kind of rat and a couple of wild birds. All tasted pretty good. Also had a variety of different deep friend and sauteed insects in Thailand. The smaller insects are actually tasty, but the ones with larger abdominal cavities are downright revolting. It's the texture...almost like dirt mixed with butter.

#72 Edited by Korwin (2721 posts) -

@tycobb said:

@mocca_bear said:

Whale... Felt bad when I was rating it...

Why? Do you feel bad when you eat any other meat or fish?

I'd say there is a fairly big difference between eating Beef bred in absurdly large numbers for food vs eating what is in the grand scheme of things a pretty rare and special kind of wild animal.

As far as weird things I've eaten... I dunno prawn heads or grubs?

#73 Edited by WickedFather (1714 posts) -

Ogbono. In an African restaurant called Jolly J's. It was like jellified brown snot with flecks of blood in it and you could see pieces of windpipe. I was the one to order it but it turned out we were all sharing and that was a massive relief. I put my spoon in and scooped some up but the rest of the bowl pulled it all back in again. It was like watching that guy on Deep Space 9 going into his bucket. I've loved all the usual nonsense like alpaca, guinea pig, intestines, testicles - but man, that ogbono gave me post-traumatic stress disorder.

#74 Posted by Baltimore (250 posts) -

Durian (it's a fruit)...tasted worse than it smelled.

#75 Edited by audioBusting (1304 posts) -

@baltimore said:

Durian (it's a fruit)...tasted worse than it smelled.

Man, I love durians... Bad durian tastes like cardboard porridge, but good durian can taste and smell so sickeningly sweet, like a very potent kind of custard.

I think the weirdest-tasting fruit I've eaten are dragon fruits. I kinda get why some like it but ugh, slimy and crunchy?

#76 Posted by Archer88 (111 posts) -

Either hand sanitizer or a full glass of white vinegar. I'm an easy person to dare.

#77 Posted by Frumpa (98 posts) -

Goanna. They're actually a protected species and ive felt guilty ever since. A mate shot it with a sling shot when I was in the army.

#78 Posted by Frumpa (98 posts) -

@icemo said:

Mämmi is not that weird for finnish people, but it might look weird for foreigners since it looks like poop. Some say it even tastes like poop but I have never eaten poop so I can't confirm. But I think it tastes good...

If your shit looks like that mate i'd seriously consult a doctor. Looks like a piece of smokers lung actually.

#79 Edited by MattClassic (411 posts) -

Alligator tail. Probably not that weird, all things considered. Tasted kind of like steak.

Also rocky mountain oysters. Deep-fried bull balls.

#80 Posted by VipeR (100 posts) -

This is probably the weirdest thing I've eaten: