Well I traded in my ps4 for an Xbox one today.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By falserelic

Well after being screwed out of a online pre-order from Sony. I finally decided I've had enough of the ps4. It was my second one, and now I'm moving on to the Xbox one. I've got Destiny for free so I'll be playing that for awhile. I do look forward to playing Dead Rising 3 and killer instinct. Right now I'm checking the console out, and getting use to the whole user interface. So far the interface does look more lively compared to the ps4, but the ps4 was more simple and straight forward. Then again that will change once I get used to the console.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Wow man. I would have never thought. I hope you enjoy it, and can't wait to get back to Destiny and Halo and all that. Very cool stuff. :D

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sony's online stuff is pretty wack. If your credit card address isn't absolutely perfect it'll reject it over and over again for what seems like no reason at all.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dead Rising 3 is a worthy exclusive. Play with friends for the most fun for sure. I really like Powerstar Golf too, so give that a try I guess. The home UI on the One is a work in progress but it has kept getting better w/each iteration. Add me if you want relic: PWEID5. Currently playing Destiny w/friends and loving the D3 version on X1 as well btw.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sacrilege.

Have fun! I hear it's a console with videogames on it!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

That seems like overkill, but have fun with it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Was wondering when you made the decision did you also take into account the cost of xbox gold or did you already have a subscription previously?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems drastic, but I hope it works out for you.

markem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By markem

As someone that decided to get an Xbox One and almost traded it for a PS4 last week - I'm glad I didn't go through with it. The two games you mentioned, Dead Rising 3 and Killer instinct are my main games myself, and I'm really glad I have the chance to sill play them. My vita does mostly anything else I'd want currently, and the free games from Microsoft are pretty good.

I also think the new controller will be great to play through Halo with.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: Doesn't the PS4 require PS+ to play online games like Destiny now too? As far as I understood it, Xbox Gold and PS+ are pretty similar right now.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony customer servicenis terrible. They double charged me for a purchase and then when I asked them to reverse one of the charges they told me to take it up with my bank. I did and the bank reversed a charge, and I got banned and had to buy a PSN card to get unbanned and access online. Then, after denying that I was ever double charged, they reversed the other charge (I still paid for the purchase with the PSN card.) huge PITA, totally their fault, and and they clearly just do not know what they are doing because I constantly got conflicting information.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I bought a PS4 the other day and I'm a little worried cause as a long time 360 owner I'm finding the controller a little uncomfortable.

The sticks seem especially slick and my thumbs keep sliding off - the right stick mostly. Hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to it. I did have second thoughts though.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fattony12000
isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I think I'm finally able to admit that I regret buying a PS4. The main thing keeping me from selling mine at the moment is the six or so months of PS+ I have left on my subscription. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty damn good console, but since OS, controller and friends stuff has persuaded me to buy all my multiplatform games on the Xbox One there just isn't anything to play on the PlayStation side of things except for the "free" PS+ games.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

@rorie said:

Sony's online stuff is pretty wack. If your credit card address isn't absolutely perfect it'll reject it over and over again for what seems like no reason at all.

Yeah i needed to pay using paypal for the longest time, then one day my credit card just started working again...now i have a problem with my bank that if i buy more than 2 games in quick succession (like during a sale) my card gets blocked lol. Cant win...

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By falserelic

Well I've tried out killer Instinct,Warframe, Destiny, and Dead Rising 3 demo.

Dead rising 3 Demo: I had alot of fun playing with the demo. Shit ton of zombies on screen and alot of stuff to do. I'm definitely getting the game hands down.

Killer Instinct: I've been practicing in the Dojo. Its pretty easy to understand for most part, and I like how it goes step by step with the fighting mechanics. AIso I messed around with the Arcade mode aswell. It's very fun to pull off combos, but I have along way to go. Playing fighting games with the analog stick feels weird to me, but I'll probably get used to it overtime

Warframe: Considering I've already played this game to death on ps4, and had alot of content already unlock on the ps4. It's pretty hard for me to go back to square one all over again. On top of that the controls feels more awkward on the Xbox One. Since the Xbox One doesn't have the touch pad, you have to click in the right stick to use an ability. On the ps4 you can use the touch pad to throw out your power, it flowed more well.

Destiny- I'm really enjoying the game so far. I've bought a year gold membership to play the game. Like what has already been said the game is halo with a borderland twist. I can see it becoming repetitive, but still enjoyable. I'm playing as a Titan and trying to build up my skill tree. Also this hip hop gamer song got stuck in my head.

Loading Video...

Anyway I might go out today and buy TitanFall or Dead Rising 3. Though I'm still thinking which one should I play first. At the moment I can only choose one.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic:

I would wait for a sale for Titanfall right now. I really like the game, but at this point everyone still playing has been playing for a long time and the matchmaking isn't great. Also there are 2 expansion packs out so the player base is a little split. I want to reiterate that I do think it's a very good game, but I think that as with a lot of online shooters it may not be a great experience jumping in right now. Also the campaign is kind of dead in terms of playerbase (though the campaign kind of sucks and is not necessary to enjoy the game now that you can unlock Ogre and Stryder through other means.) It's also pretty easy to burn out on Titanfall (though it took me ~40 hours of play, so I got my money's worth) and there is overlap with Destiny in terms of being a sci-fi online focused shooter with no real story.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

Funny - though a while ago I had a similar issue with Microsoft. They refused my card and my paypal - I had to buy cards to get anything, which is a good way to save money. Never had any issues with Sony, or any other company for that matter.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey man! I'm in the preview updates and the October One revamps the snap and double clicking of the big X button. I think that what they've done pretty much solves most of the issues with the UI when playing games, especially the hassle of having to get out of the game to read messages see friends etc. Anyway, you can add me Lynx67, we'll play destiny if we ever get online at the same time!

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@humanity: You should be fine with the controller. I made the adjustment when I got a PS3 late last generation, but my group I play battlefield with all made the switch recently with their PS4's. One friend even bought thumb pad covers from Gamestop which seem to help him a good deal.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't forget to download Super Time Force for free this month if you're into that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Can you elaborate on what you mean "screwed out of a online pre-order from Sony"?

I don't have a PS4 yet although I do intend to get one when some really great games come onto it (not enough for me right now, I'll wait until Bloodborne or Persona 5 are out on it) but I'm interested to see what turned you off of it.

I had 3 PS3s break on me within 1 year and 1 month (bluray diodes went on the first 2, then the other one died... no idea what really happened) and Sony charged me £145 for a refurbished one(for a replacement for the 3rd one) which sounded like a hoover and I just got fed up with it and stopped using it and got a Halo:Reach Xbox 360... that PS3 eventually broke (when it was only used for Netflix) and told Sony.

They wanted to charge me another ridiculous sum for a refurbished one and declined and when asked to do a survery regarding the customer service, I was pretty damning of how much this whole thing cost me. I eventually got a call from the head of customer service in the UK and they got me a new one (but still charged me) with some game (InFamous 2 I believe - I traded in my retail copy), so trust me, I know how disappointing Sony's customer service can be but I have come to like Sony again over time.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasar7:

Super Time Force is great, but Free is also a pretty good price for Crimson Dragon. It's a deeply flawed game, but not a terrible one. I definitely wouldn't want to drop $20 on it, but for the price of free I've had some fun.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@cleric22 said:

@humanity: You should be fine with the controller. I made the adjustment when I got a PS3 late last generation, but my group I play battlefield with all made the switch recently with their PS4's. One friend even bought thumb pad covers from Gamestop which seem to help him a good deal.

Yah I didn't really have that many issue with the PS3 controller as I also owned that console last generation but only used it for exclusives. I'm not sure why SONY insists on having the end of the thumb sticks be rounded instead of concave. I have two main issues with the pad:

1) It feels a bit small. Having both sticks on the bottom make me feel like my hands are kind of perched on the edge instead of comfortably wrapped around the thing.

2) I hope this is because it's brand new but my right stick is super slick. The left one grips my finger alright but the right one is extremely slippery and only after about an hour of playing a game did it begin to grip. Although the moment I scratched my face or touched any surface that would make my finger a little more slippery the stick became like ice once again. Is this normal?

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Interesting. I just got a PS4 (White one with the Destiny bundle) and loving it so far. I've not had any problems at all though. Hope the Xbox works out for you.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic: Can you elaborate on what you mean "screwed out of a online pre-order from Sony"?

I pre-ordered Destiny on ps4. Next day I went to go download it, and there wasn't no download option. I had to buy the game even though I've already bought it. I chatted with a Sony agent online (Since the phone kept going to voicemail), but she said wait until the store updates, but I already knew it was bullshit. Every game I pre-ordered online for ps4 I was able to download on release day, except for this time. I tried to call Sony later on to get a refund. I was placed on hold for almost an hour then it disconnected.

At that moment I just got fed up with it. Before the pre-order issue I was already having some technical issues with my ps4, the same issues that I had on my first ps4 before it finally broke. So I thought about it and said ''might aswell get rid of it before it's too late''. Since there wasn't too many games coming out on ps4(That didn't really interests me), it made my decision easier.

R_Coles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey man! I'm in the preview updates and the October One revamps the snap and double clicking of the big X button. I think that what they've done pretty much solves most of the issues with the UI when playing games, especially the hassle of having to get out of the game to read messages see friends etc. Anyway, you can add me Lynx67, we'll play destiny if we ever get online at the same time!

Totally agree with you, I am in the preview program as well and I have been loving the October update. Microsoft is really making some strides with their commitment to the platform. I also have Destiny, Gamertag: R Coles

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: The Xbox One does suspend/resume, which PS4 still hasn't patched in. I also think everything is snappier and quicker. It's good for that stuff. They also have a good slate of exclusives. I'm still keeping both my consoles, but I definitely understand the switch.

Also, give Ryse a go. It's fairly decent for 4-5 hours of button pressing.

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r_coles: will try to remember to add you tonight!

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everytime I read threads like this I wonder what customer service representative they were dealing with. Every time I've had an issue with any company it usually gets resolved quickly. I've had zero issues with my PS4 with pre ordering or pre-loading.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xyzygy

@kagato said:

@rorie said:

Yeah i needed to pay using paypal for the longest time, then one day my credit card just started working again...now i have a problem with my bank that if i buy more than 2 games in quick succession (like during a sale) my card gets blocked lol. Cant win...

Not only that but it's completely backwards with region stuff too, I've been pretty vocal about this. With Xbox One you can change your region every 3 months. With PS4/3/Vita etc once you create that account you are locked to that region forever. It's completely bullshit. That Microsoft lets you change your region so freely and relatively often is baffling that Sony is so behind on this. This continues to affect me as I need to go through a 3 step process in order to buy anything from PSN, as I live in Canada but bought my Vita (and many downloadable games) in Germany.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By huntad

I have both consoles, but I've been playing my Xbox One way more often lately. I have no PS4 exclusives, because I just didn't find any of them appealing. Here are some things I really like about the Xbox One:

• The Snap feature is really neat, and hopefully they fix some of the netflix/youtube issues with it.
  • Being able to easily control my entire console with my smartphone is a kickass feature.
  • Dead Rising, Titanfall, Forza, Ryse, Halo MCC, and Sunset Overdrive are all games I want to play.
  • The UI is colorful and gives the appearance of activity.
  • The controller is nice.
  • The disc tray and power buttons are easily accessible on the front of the console (kind of a funny thing).
  • I actually use the media features like TV, snap, twitch, etc. that I thought were dumb-sounding when the console was announced.

I think the DVR quality must have an increased bitrate, because 4mb bitrate is not acceptable for the type of motion that video games have. If they fix that and the snap quality of youtube and netflix, the console will be perfect for me. Oh and the party chat problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: That sucks and I understand the frustration that comes from both the situation and the customer support being abysmal. Be sure to be vocal to Sony about the failings they had and let others know too. It's the only way they can improve.

I know how annoying it can get talking to support and they're clearing reading a script and actually have no idea what the problem you're describing is.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Raspharus

Fun fact: im not into consoles, but why does the ps4 get better ratings? I was also somehow impressed by the xbone but i never searched why did it receive so many low ratings.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Fun fact: im not into consoles, but why does the ps4 get better ratings? I was also somehow impressed by the xbone but i never searched why did it receive so many low ratings.

Marketing.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well people were pissed at Microsoft when they announced DRM, and Sony stole the sunshine when they said they had no DRM, but then we find out Sony lied just to look glorious on stage. I remeber I couldn't get online on my ps4, but the game I wanted to play locked me out. It wasn't an online game, but it said I needed to be online to play it. If you buy a game digitally you have to be online to play it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic:

Define 'screwed out of an-online preorder'? Did you pay for it in full and they never delivered the product? Just confused how it happened.

Yes I dropped 59.99 for Destiny. Even though I bought it, the game still says Buy Now even though I bought it, when it should have said download. Some type of glitch must I have happened.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#38  Edited By MachoFantastico

Hope you have fun mate, I think they both provide a different environment for different kinds of folks. I can see the appeal in both.

I've owned a PS4 and have owned an Xbox One, both solid consoles but ultimately I hated the Xbox One controller on a personal level (especially the triggers) and just couldn't see the point in owning both when they both will pretty much have the same offerings, a lot of Microsoft's exclusives don't interest me a great deal either so that was a factor. Well those and my experiences with Xbox 360's Xbox LIVE left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. So while I ended up selling my Xbox One, I totally understand why some folks would prefer it. I sort of enjoy Sony's mentality more, it's why I'm entirely focused on PS4 nowadays.

Missing out on Forza is a bit of a sucker though, shame to hear about your pre-order issues. A friend had a similar issue on PS4 to. Have fun.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lukeweizer

@vaddixbell said:

I pre-ordered Destiny on ps4. Next day I went to go download it, and there wasn't no download option. I had to buy the game even though I've already bought it. I chatted with a Sony agent online (Since the phone kept going to voicemail), but she said wait until the store updates, but I already knew it was bullshit. Every game I pre-ordered online for ps4 I was able to download on release day, except for this time. I tried to call Sony later on to get a refund. I was placed on hold for almost an hour then it disconnected.

At that moment I just got fed up with it. Before the pre-order issue I was already having some technical issues with my ps4, the same issues that I had on my first ps4 before it finally broke. So I thought about it and said ''might aswell get rid of it before it's too late''. Since there wasn't too many games coming out on ps4(That didn't really interests me), it made my decision easier.

Did you do your first pre-order with a credit card? If so, call you credit card company or look at your statements for that first pre-order and inform Sony.

Or you could try looking in your purchase history on your PSN account. I'd imagine the first one would show up there.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Weird. I've never had a problem with pre-ordering PS4 games. They always download automatically. It is weird that I can still buy another digital copy though. I feel if I already own it it should be greyed out or something.