Welp... a bat got into my house a couple days ago...

• 110 results
NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By NickL

@Jay444111 said:

For the sane fact

Is this a regional thing or is it a Jay thing? I don't know that I have ever heard someone say it in real life.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By BatmanBatman

I like Bats!

Matfei90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Matfei90
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
Holy shit, you're an adult?!
Haha, this was my exact thought too.
Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By Sploder

This was a perfect read. So funny. I can imagine you freaking the fuck out and running from the house.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By august

Here's my story about a bat in my house:

One time when I was a kid there was a bat in our house.

During the day my dad discovered him sleeping on the fire detector in the hallway. So he picked him up with an oven mitt and tossed him across the woods into the forest.

The end.

In other news bats are awesome. Don't be mean to bats!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By kindgineer

@Jay444111: Did your Dad know that the bat had rabies/aggressive before he yelled for everyone to leave the house? I know this is a bit late, but I love bats, and that seems like such an odd reaction to such a nice little creature. However, when aggressive, they are extremely hostile - but I can't come to know what they really could do to a person, except for the rabies of course.

I use to live in Texas and leave my window open after I found a baby-bat with a broken wing over the summer. I don't know if it was just smarter than the rest, but after nursing it with my Mother (who hated bats), it seemed to attach itself and return to my windowsill every morning. It scared the hell out of me at first, but I would wake up to a bat hanging over my bed every morning for about 3 weeks. Eventually my Dad let his friend take the bat as a pet (I think he had like 10 already) and that's the last I saw of him.

Moral of the story, bat's are awesome (without rabies).

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#107  Edited By Yummylee

Read OP while listening to this, it'll suddenly makes so much more sense!

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By NathHaw

@ck1nd said:

@Jay444111: Did your Dad know that the bat had rabies/aggressive before he yelled for everyone to leave the house? I know this is a bit late, but I love bats, and that seems like such an odd reaction to such a nice little creature. However, when aggressive, they are extremely hostile - but I can't come to know what they really could do to a person, except for the rabies of course.

I use to live in Texas and leave my window open after I found a baby-bat with a broken wing over the summer. I don't know if it was just smarter than the rest, but after nursing it with my Mother (who hated bats), it seemed to attach itself and return to my windowsill every morning. It scared the hell out of me at first, but I would wake up to a bat hanging over my bed every morning for about 3 weeks. Eventually my Dad let his friend take the bat as a pet (I think he had like 10 already) and that's the last I saw of him.

Moral of the story, bat's are awesome (without rabies).

I worked as a tour guide in a national landmark cave for a little under three years. People were always freaking out about the bats. One day somebody brought us a baby bat that had probably fallen off its mother, and we attempted to nurse it back to health. Problem was that the bat ended up nipping one of the workers there (probably just looking for milk) a few weeks later, so it had to be put down for rabies testing. Didn't have it of course like the that vast majority of them, but the testing was one of those cautions we had to take.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Rattle618

Same thing happened to me a few months ago, I literally punched it to death after trapping it under a blanket.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By kindgineer

@nrh79: Yeah, it's sad when an animal is cursed with something like that an ends up being needed to be put down for living it's nature's course. I can't say every bat I've ever came across is the nicest and safest thing in the world, but it always gives me a chuckle when one flies into a home and everyone freaks out like the thing came straight from hell.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#111  Edited By Hizang

Bat always wins, screw the knife.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By CheapPoison

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Holy shit, you're an adult?!

Boom!

petitfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113  Edited By petitfool

Are your parents now dead?

Moreau_MD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Moreau_MD

Don't worry, knowing you, it will probably leave out of chronic annoyance soon enough.

falconpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By falconpunch

lol about the doors