• 64 results
#1 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (442 posts) -

I lost 50lbs as of yesterday. I'm 5'8" and started off at 255 (good number). I'm still technically obese. I weighed less in high school and had some success with women (mostly mitigated by being creepy and awkward) but things totally dropped off once I started college and gained 50lbs pretty fast. I feel like girls look at me more than they used to but I don't think I'm at a good enough weight still to be it more than just normal "looking at other people".

#2 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread, but your username is awesome.

#3 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

Stay fat - if they can only hurt your feelings thats miles better than breaking your heart.

Better to feel something than nothing at all?

#4 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

Yeah, they ran for a longer time since I had a better chance of almost keeping up with them.

#5 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I gained a bit of weight and I've noticed that they still ignore me just like always.

#6 Posted by SadPatrol (500 posts) -

Yeah. Mainly because you'll feel more confident

#7 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

Yeah, I was definitely treated differently in high school after losing a substantial amount of weight. Does that make people shallow? Or was it that I was more confident? It's probably a mix of the two.

There is nothing wrong with losing a few pounds at your weight. Be smart about it and it can only be good for your health regardless of whatever tertiary benefits, such as getting noticed by women, that you might accrue.

#8 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

5'8? Well that's your biggest problem. They only like guys 6'5 and taller!

#9 Posted by DrFlapjack (233 posts) -

Congratulations! Losing weight is tough. I have the opposite "problem" and have an extremely high metabolism. I once tried joining a gym to gain weight, believe it or not the hardest part was to intake enough food/protein to gain mass.

In the end I think it's most important that you are comfortable and confident in your own body, that's what women are attracted to. And if you yourself believe that losing weight will help both in those areas and becoming healthier, then keep at it!

#10 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1361 posts) -

Women like funny guys. You become more attractive as you lose weight, but also less funny because all the humor is stored in the lipids. It's a double edged sword.

#11 Posted by Emperor_Jimmu (249 posts) -

You are probably just more confident now you have slimmed down a bit. The better you feel about yourself the better other people will feel about you.

#12 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
@WalkerTR77 said:

Women like funny guys. You become more attractive as you lose weight, but also less funny because all the humor is stored in the lipids. It's a double edged sword.

Yeah, I've noticed less people laughing at my fat jokes since I started losing weight.
#13 Posted by Jimbo (9804 posts) -

The ladies they love me, they love the way I be leanin'.

#14 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

No but I'm always flashing paper.

#15 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

Fat is funny. And slim is sexy. You need to find the middle parh

#16 Posted by DanteFaustEsq (109 posts) -

Lady folk have always treated me very well even when I was heavier but that's because they aren't my kind of fun. However I have noticed that the gents take a bit more kindly to me though that seems to be a combination of the weight loss and my age.

#17 Posted by Owlhead (152 posts) -

@Aronman789 said:

I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread, but your username is awesome.

This. This times 1000

#18 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (371 posts) -

As someone who used to be around 200lb who is now 170lb I can say yes. Women do treat you "better".

For example. When I weighed 200 I had never dated anyone and I was 19. I am now 170,20 and I have been dating someone for over a year.

So Yes

#19 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

I'm 6' 165lbs and always have been ignored lol.

#20 Posted by Quarters (1682 posts) -

Nah, I never got more attention. I'm 6'3 and used to weigh 230, got generally ignored. Weight about 180-190 now, very slim, still get ignored. I've got friendzone written all over me.

#21 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

Well I lost my virginity when i lost 6 stone so I guess YES

#22 Posted by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (715 posts) -

they'll treat you much more differently the day you buy a crotch rocket and/or an expensive vehicle. with a crotch rocket, you can have a caved in face and still get plenty of high dollar snatch!

#23 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

I lost weight and then destroyed the hearts of pretty girls that wanted to be friends with me when I was bigger. I became an in shape heart breaker set on crippling pretty girls. I became the asshole I had to hear so much about when I was a "nice guy" in my innocent youth. I'm a bitter sexy man now. haha

My advice don't give a shit about how women treat you. Lose the weight so that you are healthier and lose it for yourself!

#24 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

It's all about confidence.

#25 Posted by gorkamorkaorka (442 posts) -

@TheHumanDove said:

5'8? Well that's your biggest problem. They only like guys 6'5 and taller!

This is a whole bunch of bullshit since it's the only thing you can't really change. As long as you're taller than her, it shouldn't be an issue.

@WalkerTR77 said:

I'm funny ask fuck, man. Also I'm not ugly.

@Owlhead said:

@Aronman789 said:

This. This times 1000

I don't know what you are referencing. I don't even want this username. I tried to use my old one but someone else took it/I made an account when they were doing the end of The Matrix: Online and forgot the password since.

#26 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3859 posts) -

Better shape = more attractive (usually) = gettin triiiiim.
Nice job on the weight loss, not easy to do. Also I agree, great username.

#27 Posted by BonOrbitz (2183 posts) -

@gorkamorkaorka said:

I lost 50lbs as of yesterday. I'm 5'8" and started off at 255 (good number). I'm still technically obese. I weighed less in high school and had some success with women (mostly mitigated by being creepy and awkward) but things totally dropped off once I started college and gained 50lbs pretty fast. I feel like girls look at me more than they used to but I don't think I'm at a good enough weight still to be it more than just normal "looking at other people".

Ccongratulations! I think the self confidence you'll gain from losing the weight is what will help how women treat you.

So how did you lose 50 lbs and how long did it take you to lose it?

#28 Edited by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

@morrelloman said:

Fat is funny. And slim is sexy. You need to find the middle path

Trust me, you don't want funny sex, it gives you clowns.

#29 Posted by UitDeToekomst (709 posts) -

no. they hated me when i was 215, and they still hate me now about 160.

#30 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I've always been underweight, so there's been no change.

#31 Edited by Rohok (554 posts) -

When I was 165, working out all day, doing the ROTC thing I got some good attention. But nothing has really changed for me since I stopped doing ROTC and gained like 15 pounds. I may be a little weighty but it helps to take some initiative and get talking to girls. Girls don't really care that much about appearance as long as you shower, brush your teeth, keep your hair and facial hair tidy. I think that weighing less and being in shape is better for your confidence and health than attracting women. You can attract beautiful women with just pure confidence, even if you weigh 300 pounds.

Confidence > Being in shape. Just don't smell like a toad and keep yourself trimmed and you'll be alright.

I'm 5'8'' too and being tall is overrated.

#32 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

@gorkamorkaorka: I refuse to believe someone named "gorkamorkaorka" doesn't know about Gorkamorka, the ork racing game by Games Workshop.

#33 Posted by Owlhead (152 posts) -

@gorkamorkaorka: Gorkamorka was an old Games Workshop tabletop game about two bands of space orks fighting to build a giant mech-idol of the ork gods gorka and morka. had a friend with a copy years ago. good times.

#34 Edited by gorkamorkaorka (442 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@gorkamorkaorka said:

Ccongratulations! I think the self confidence you'll gain from losing the weight is what will help how women treat you.

So how did you lose 50 lbs and how long did it take you to lose it?

It was actually super easy once I learned what do to. I put all my info into a calorie calculator. It told me I burned at 255 about 23XX calories a day so I went and ate around 1500 a day which is what I shoot for now. I think I lost like 10 pounds in the first week. Actually, I was always hungry for the first couple weeks but then your body gets used to it. They don't ever tell you that you get used to not eating like you did before. I started last last February. I could have lost a lot more by then but I've had periods of months where I didn't lose anything because I didn't keep up with it. It might be for the best because I might have needed to give my skin time to shrink up so I don't get flabby.

@Aronman789 said:

@gorkamorkaorka: I refuse to believe someone named "gorkamorkaorka" doesn't know about Gorkamorka, the ork racing game by Games Workshop.

Oh that. Honestly I came up with it independently. I started playing Warhammer Fantasy in the 6th grade and needed an AOL username so I just stuck Gork and Mork together and then added Ork at the end, plus the a's. I didn't find out about the racing game until it had a page on Gamespot. They were going to make a GC game or something.

AND YEAH, confidence. I feel too constricted in this body currently and I would be a lot more comfortable and therefore confident if I was skinnier. Other than that, confidence is something you have to learn if you aren't born with it. Watch Scarface, and get out there and talk to people. You have to learn it like anything else.

#35 Posted by falcos_abortive_rainbow (21 posts) -

Yes, losing a lot of weight might grant you the opportunity to go from having 0 sex to 1 sex. If you're charismatic or RICH AS FUCK, you might just get the opportunity to have 2, 3 maybe even 4 sex.

#36 Posted by UncleClassy (405 posts) -

It could be worse, brosephat. You could be missing a leg! Ask what wonders that does for me!

#37 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Yeah, they fight off my molestation attempts easier since I can't pin them under my crushing weight.

#38 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Now you can go do sex!

#39 Posted by fr0stb1te (71 posts) -

My advice would be to lose weight for yourself. At your weight you are (as you said) in an unhealthy category, which could lead to health problems down the road. Lose weight so you feel better about yourself. Once you can look in the mirror and be happy with what you see, that confidence will be reflected to the people around you.

I can tell you right now that women find confidence very sexy. If you're confident and take care of your hygiene, you'll have an easier time with women.

#40 Posted by Jrinswand (1704 posts) -

Holy crap, dude. 50 pounds is a lot of weight to lose in one day.

And in answer to your question, I dunno. I was only chubby until I hit puberty.

#41 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -

@Mesklinite said:

It's all about confidence.

#42 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@Butler said:

My advice don't give a shit about how women treat you. Lose the weight so that you are healthier and lose it for yourself!

This. The sooner you stop giving a f*ck about what we think and maintain yourself because you want to, instead of being a tryhard to impress everyone, the easier it will become. Though, I say this as someone who doesn't subscribe to the disposable male income/gold digger crutch. Those are still just prostitutes.

Also, do you treat women differently after they lose weight? Rhetorical question.

#43 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

There are a ton of decent looking women out there who aren't looking for a man with stacks of money. Like others have suggested, you have to have confidence. The only way to stop being awkward is to socialize more (in person, not over Xbox Live or some shit). Women like men who can hold a conversation.

#44 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I was treated differently by both men and women after I loss 70 lbs. IT is a great incentive to know that others appreciate your new look but the MOST IMPORANT part is why you want to loose weight. I was fat, unhappy, kinda socially inverted but honestly, as bullshit as this sounds, loosing weight gave me the confidence to go out and meet new people.

#45 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't lose weight, skinny, but i have been lifting weights. i noticed that more girls have checked me out. still no girlfriend though.

#46 Posted by Brendan (7775 posts) -

I'm not going to repeat the truths that others have spoken so far, but there are two other things that come into play in this situation. One, when you lose a noticeable amount of weight people are impressed. When it comes to women, being impressed means a lot. Hence, dudes having a lot of money usually = women being impressed, any sort of celebrity status can often = women being impressed, and so on. Being impressive to someone = having value. Value is the single most important part of attraction, at least initially. Two, when you change a lot in a relatively short amount of time you become interesting. Being interesting makes you stand out from the crowd, which makes you more attractive in comparison to those who blend into a crowd and therefore are less interesting.

These points only apply to people who at least recognize you, or have seen you at some point in your life.

#47 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Wouldn't know. Been uber fat all my life.

#48 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Women aren't as shallow as a lot of people think and there's nothing wrong with being a little bigger as a guy, a lot of women prefer that. 

Be interesting, don't be crude unless knowing that woman appreciates such humour, have some goals or aspirations to talk about, don't start reciting memes and most importantly, don't jizz yourself just because a woman is talking back to you.

#49 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

Are people more attracted to you when you are more attractive?  The answer is pretty obvious.

#50 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

I am oblivious to any women looking at me if they do.

Probably because they never do.