What annoys you the most at your job?

• 99 results
ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It took a long time but i finally have a sit down at my desk job, IT field. Cant really complain as i get paid better than i ever have to mostly sit and deal occasionally with sometimes annoying people. I have a lot of confidence issues though and being surrounded by many people i feel are way smarter than me doesn't help. I feel also it's a little too good to be true, that i'm not deserving of of it even though it is in no way high level. It's merely better for me than anything i've had before, though i still consider myself fortunate. Just worried maybe that im going to lose it constantly, along with the lack of confidence issues.

So yeah i guess i have nothing to hate, really.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that much really. I do hate getting up early, so waking up at 5:15 every morning so I can open up shop at 6:30 sucks.
After 13 years I've gotten used to it though.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The general manager complains that nobody in my department can do the job right but when a spot opens up he eliminates any applicants that have experience or education that would be helpful. He considers my job an entry level position and says those people would just ask for too much money.

Whenever something wrong happens at work, we need to write up a report of the problem. I usually write up the most reports in my department because I seem to be the only one who knows when somebody has done something the wrong way. The general manager automatically assumes since I wrote the report then I am the cause of what went wrong. I usually get a response asking if I know what I should do to make sure it doesn't happen again even though it was because of work that somebody else had done.

Whenever a position in another department opens up I get told that I'm the only one in my department who really knows what they're doing so I can't transfer because it would be too big of a loss. Depending on which way the wind is blowing, I'm either the worst employee to walk through these doors or I'm the MVP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Confidence issues. People talk and have fun with one another while I'm ignored, feeling like a fat, useless, ugly, retarded piece of shit.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing because I have a job and thats a bloody miracle.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people.

All 3 of my supervisors use gay as a pejorative and 2 of 3 use homophobic slurs. All 3 often refer to women as bitches. All 3 discuss things about employees behind their backs to other employees that they shouldn't.

One co-worker calls his wife a bitch so much that his 9 y/o daughter started to and he finds it funny. He also refers to women higher-ups as bitches. He's also a giant homophobe.

Another co-worker told me all women are bitches and when I called him out on it, he said "well, not all, but most".

Another co-worker refers to women as either bitches or females. He also believes professional sports teams should segregate locker rooms by sexuality if a player comes out as gay. This came up after Michael Sam was drafted. He also sexually harrassed a woman who was there to prepare him for an OSHA inspection.

One tells racist jokes about the Obamas.

One came over to me after a Trans co-worker told him he couldn't be in a certain part of the building due to FAA regulations and told me "Don't tell me where I can be... I'll kick that fa**ots ass".

Another asked me "How can you work with that thing?" about the same employee.

There's more, but I think I got across why it's the people.

Also, the building I work in is a humid 95-100 degrees in the summer. That kinda sucks.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ichthy

When SCIENCE DOESN'T WORK. I work research and shit constantly goes wrong for inexplicable reasons, which then takes weeks to months to fix. Fuck science.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The general public and their intrinsic shittiness.

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mjk0104

The fact that I get to do what I love, but my bosses aren't very good at business so we don't have enough contracts to keep us in work full time. (Also waking up at 5:30 to spend 2 hours on an uncomfortable train to get there kinda sucks)

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By Mijati

That the vast majority of people I work with don't give a shit. They're terrible at their jobs, just turn up and do the bare minimum and then everyone else is expected to clear up their shit. It doesn't help that management don't give two shits about performance and ability.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zella

I'm a pizza delivery driver and people who call at like 8:25 for a delivery, we stop taking delivery orders at 8:30, piss me off so much. It delays the closing of the shop forcing myself and the closer(s) to stay later than we have to. Also hate people who live way outside of our delivery range and protest that they aren't that far. They will call during peak hours on a Friday and when we say we are too busy to take an order which is way out of our range they will then protest saying that we do it for them all the time, and of course they normally tip like crap. Makes it even worse when there is one regular who is outside of our range but it is the best customer possible in that they know to order during convenient times for us and will tip usually around 8 to 10 bucks on a 30some dollar order.

Outside of customers it is certain dishes that annoy me at work as at our shop drivers also are dishwashers. Certain dishes like the microwave egg containers will shoot the water right back at you if not held just right. The chicken stuff is also terrible as the sheet trays we cook it on get covered in congealed chicken juice and seasoning since we only partially cook the chicken so when put through the oven it doesn't become incredibly dry. The containers we store the bagged chicken in also slowly will fill up with chicken juice and every once and a while we have to change to a new container and clean the old one. Good god the smell when cleaning out the semi-raw chicken juice is terrible, I will just lay it in the dish pit then stand back and spray for a solid minute.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By behardy

@wesleywyndam: That sounds extraordinarily terrible! You need to get out of there while you still can, friend!

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't work there anymore, but I used to work at a restaurant during High School, just cleaning tables, washing dishes, cleaning the floor, and such like that. The thing that made it so horrible for me was that the guy who owned the place was there constantly, and I fucking HATED him. I mean, hate is a strong word and all, but I couldn't stand him at all, and I'm positive that the rest of the employees couldn't stand the guy either. He was VERY controlling in the worst sense of the word, on the days that we were really slow and I did everything I could possibly do (including cleaning tables that didn't even need to be cleaned), I would not really have much to do, so I would just chill out in the back and wait for something to do, but he would come in and yell at me to do SOMETHING, so I would go around, sweep the floors (again), clean the bathrooms (again), do ANYTHING to appear busy, despite the fact that I did it already...

However, while that may seem understandable - he was paying me by the hour after all - the one thing that solidified him as a villain to me was when I decided to take some lemonade home with me one night after closing. I got a disposable cup, poured in some lemonade, some ice, and a straw - no dishes at all, I would just throw the cup away after finishing it - but he had a god damn shit fit with me when I did that. It surprised me so much, because lemonade is fucking CHEAP, and we were told that employees could drink for free, but his problem was that I was going to take it home with me. Apparently he had an issue with that, and I still to this day don't understand why. He scolded me in front of several other employees, and I was just stunned.

There was also the fact that this was my very first job, so on my first day, I was still not entirely sure what to do or what the proper etiquette for the job was, I had absolutely no training whatsoever, nor was I even told what my tasks were, so I was kind of aimless on the first day. Well, the owner was there that day, and he saw me standing around, and was apparently not too fond of my performance, and he just told me to go home for the night. Turns out that he fired me, but didn't FUCKING TELL ME. My dad actually went to talk to him afterwards (with no input from me, when I heard from my brother, who also got a job there, that he fired me, I was so fucking livid since he didn't even give me a fucking chance that I didn't want to work for him anymore), and I got the job back. When my dad came home and told me when I had to go back in, I actually got into an argument with him about going there. To this day, I STILL stand by my decision not wanting to work there, and I still think it was a complete waste of my time.

God, it STILL infuriates me to this day when I think about this guy. Fuck him.

The place ended up going under in less than a year, and thank god for that. I ended up getting a job not even a year later in college that was SIGNIFICANTLY better. My boss wasn't a fucking incomprehensible piece of shit, and I actually enjoyed my job at college.

This isn't even covering the fucking people who came in. UGH, I FUCKING HATE MINIMUM WAGE JOBS. FUCK PEOPLE AND FUCK THAT OWNER, ARGHGHGHG

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Middle-aged women. Going on about their weight constantly and then bringing tonnes of snacks into work on the off-chance someone else will eat them. Announcing you're going for a piss. Talking about Game of Thrones and chick-lit like its high art.

Stop.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65  Edited By falserelic

@random45: Yeah that guy sounds like a prime asshole. That reminds me one time where I had to stock stuff in the produce area. The area where you get fruits, vegetables, deli meats, and the bakery is there too. To my surprise my department had to start stocking up the nuts and snacks in there department. I thought it was stupid as fuck and till this day I don't get it.

Since I work in a different department, it makes no sense for me to stock stuff in the produce area. Anyway, I had to run this cart that was full of stuff for produce, and I remeber asking my supervisor ''is this right?'', and he said we had to start stocking stuff in produce now. So I went over there and I knew it was going to be a pain in the ass. It took me awhile to find where I was suppose to stock the shit at, and then I have customers asking me questions about stuff I can't aswer. Which forced me to find help from someone that works in that area.

When I got to stocking the nuts up. The supervisor that works in the produce area comes to me, and ask ''hows everything going did you do rotation'', I'm like ''yeah'' but I didn't know what rotation was. Then he looked around the stand and said '' the fuck are you doing none of these looks rotated''. Then he ends up cussing me out and telling me time is money. Afterwards he calls my supervisor to report me, but my supervisor explained that he forgot to tell me about it.

The produce supervisor ended up showing me the proper way to do it. I really don't like the guy, and I hated going back over there to stock shit. Another thing I hated was getting asked questions that's not in my department. Some people thinks an employee knows everything in the store, but we don't.

GerbilsInSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes it can get a bit repetitive, and sometimes lack of projects can get slow, but that is just how it goes when you are working in a team, and your job starts at the beginning of the project. That being said, as a front end developer, I get to look at cool designs, I don't have a uniform, can play my own music, and time goes relatively fast. Just need it to pay a little better and I'm golden.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

60 hour work week and still not having enough time. Monday through Friday, my schedule is go to work, work, leave work, eat dinner, sleep, repeat.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By falserelic

@gerbilsinspace said:

Sometimes it can get a bit repetitive, and sometimes lack of projects can get slow, but that is just how it goes when you are working in a team, and your job starts at the beginning of the project. That being said, as a front end developer, I get to look at cool designs, I don't have a uniform, can play my own music, and time goes relatively fast. Just need it to pay a little better and I'm golden.

Same for me too, but sometimes I might end up doing odd stuff. As for boredom it does set in sometimes, especially if I want to go home. Alot of times I end up checking out some customers and co-workers. Some chicks comes in the store with these slutty ass as outfits, it can be hard not to look away.Those chicks know what their doing dressing up like that.

As for co-workers there's afew females I fantasize busting nuts in. Sometimes me and afew co-workers might talk about some of the females there, and we all agree that the female supervisor working in bakery was sexy hell. If I had to choose one female I wanted to bang at my job, it would be her hands down. A girl that fine usually has some dude already busting all kinds of nuts in her...all kinds.

I also had some random female customer give me a hug for helping her one time. Having her breast against my chest made me happy inside.

desoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Customers.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By falserelic

@desoda said:

Customers.

I hate dealing with people too, but it comes with the territory. I hate when I get asked combo questions while I'm already helping someone, or having to go in the backroom and look everywhere for shit.

Avatar image for redsquirrelbrown
RedSquirrelBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The location, I like what I do (Designer) but I just don't like the fact that the only decent jobs I can seem to find are in London. I'm not a big fan of London.

I am looking to do a year working in Canada next year though, so if anyone knows of anything out there...

GerbilsInSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redsquirrelbrown The company I work for is based in the UK also, but they have just opened up an office in Canada to help with around the clock support. What sort of Design do you do? If is Web based, maybe I can help a duder out.

Avatar image for redsquirrelbrown
RedSquirrelBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gerbilsinspace: Ha! Yeah it is. Lots of websites, mostly responsive stuff. I've recently done a few apps as well but not loads of them. I can send you a link to a portfolio if you want? Don't want to start clogging the thread!

Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By Chaos

I'm self employed, I have my own store. Worst part is the hours of doing nothing, just waiting for customer. I try to space out the paper work i have to do so I don't run out of things to do in a day.

GerbilsInSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nevalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work in software for a branch of a major company, but my manager last wrote a program 15 years ago in visual basic, one co-worker can't remember what his software does, and another whose only job is to write documents and do limited QA.

Details for major projects are trickled in during the project timeline, where requirements can change a few times a week. Best of all, the managers are business-centric who maybe took a weekend Microsoft Cert course, so they think they know technology.

Everyone is afraid to question their superiors or that's the excuse given whenever a decision is made that delays a project. (Yeah, I know rebuilding this web-service will set us back a week, but that's what so-and-so decided, my hands are tied). If you question anything, you're told to just do it.

Despite all that, when someone else outside the department plans a project, it's a joy to work, but unfortunately those are very rare.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@behardy: I told my least terrible supervisor I would quit there in a second if I could. But there's not many places that I can make $23/hr with full medical/dental insurance.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I used to work in a newsagents and had all kinds of shit to put up with, same as anywhere I guess. There's a phone behind the cash register and the owner rang once so i answered, as I had done a hundred times before, I talked to him for a minute and he explained why he called ect. a customer came up to the desk so I said "Hang on a sec there's a customer" I served the customer and when I got back on the phone he gave out hell to me "WHY ARE YOU ANSWERING THE PHONE WHEN THERE'S CUSTOMERS IN THE SHOP!?" First I'd ever heard of such a rule, and what is a phone for except to answer it? One of many bullshit incidents.

Another time we had a picture of someone who was barred for shoplifting, one of the girls who worked with me moved the picture because it was in the way of something. The next morning at 8am the owner rang both of us asking who the fuck had moved the picture. After the girl fessed up she text me really upset saying that he gave out crazy to her, we never could understand what the big deal was. The picture was still visibleto the customers which was the point. Name and shame I guess.

Also just a general thing, standing still in the same spot for 8 hour shifts, I'm tall so i get a bad back after an hour.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#79  Edited By Kidavenger

things

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The jukebox at work. I hate today's modern music.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asshole members of the public who wander in wanting a tour or to "talk to someone" Ahh. I work in a hostel/emergency lodge kind of thing and my main responsibility is to keep the residents safe and phones answered, not deal with public out for a weekend stroll, god i need a holiday

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work from home, so I think the worst thing is probably communications issues between me and my bosses. I have maybe 2-3 days worth of stuff that needs doing every week, and then the rest of the time there is usually one project or another that needs doing, and the arrangement works best when we can talk frequently about what needs doing and what my priorities are, but there are times when we don't manage to talk for 2 weeks and as the time stretches on I can start to feel increasingly adrift and directionless.

It can also be tough when we do manage to get time to talk about stuff, making ourselves understood over the phone isn't always easy.

Still, it's not the worst problem to have, especially compared to some of the other stories in here, and the situation has its advantages too!

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DukesT3

That I work at Target and have to stand up for 8 hours. Also people asking dumb fucking questions about electronics.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel said:

The repetitiveness of the job is what I find boring. Luckily it's only a part time job.

This. I hate the grindy nature of jobs, where you have to repeat the same thing over and over again, I feel jobs are like a Korean MMO. I also hate the fast-pace nature of some jobs where you have to excessively plan to meet your deadlines. The planning part is fine, but the pace of the work can be overwhelming sometimes to the point where you say "Fuck it!".

arustysumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work the overnight shift at McDonalds. I hate the stress and loneliness that comes with working overnight(Days off are the worst). Plus cleaning the store and stocking everything becomes impossible when too many cars come and I have to deal with some of the scummiest people. I'd love to work day shifts but the change in hours is so drastic I wouldn't be able to live. It'd seriously be a difference from 30-38 hours a week to 10. And because I don't want to take a huge hit to my hours none of the higher up managers see my work because they refuse to work overnight which leaves me to get passed over for any promotions.

Thankfully I can burn through podcasts and I'm quitting in a few months to go be a cable technician with my uncle's company.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dukest3 said:

That I work at Target and have to stand up for 8 hours. Also people asking dumb fucking questions about electronics.

I hate when I get asked questions that's not in my department. Reason why is because I have no idea myself, and of course I'll try to help the best way I can. The last thing I need is to have the customer complain about me. Which happened to me before, but it was over petty stuff. I had two complaints from customers...

1. My pants was unzip. Apparently somebody was looking real hard and notice my pants unzip. So he/she decided to complain about that to my team manager.(I'm thinking it's a women)

2. My shirt wasn't tucked in. Again someone felt the need to complain to my team manager.(Again I'm thinking it's a women)

I know there's people watching me on my job. Both co-workers and customers all the time. People on my job sometimes may not seem like their paying attention to you, but their listening. As for customers people will stereotype me or females will stare at me. Don't know if they find me attractive or unattractive, but regardless it's annoying. I hate when they glance at my name tag then look at me. I remeber taking my name tag off afew times, but then the store director got on my ass about that.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I've been working in the newspaper industry for decade. Ruh-oh, nobody wants papers no moarz!!!

Jertje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to convince old-school publishers that sending an encyclopedia-sized brochure or e-mail to potential customers is not the proper way to conduct marketing. It never gets old ;)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I hate working with people that are over 25 and still squeal with glee if anyone steps away from their computer for 5 minutes and forgets to log out of Facebook so that they can quickly hop on and write "hilarious" status updates. Then when the person comes back they crane their necks like giraffes and giggle like children until the prank is found out.

It's the sort of childish pranks that you think are going to go away when you're in grade school, but they're still there in high school, they're still there in college and apparently still there among grown adults in an office environment.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I hate working with people that are over 25 and still squeal with glee if anyone steps away from their computer for 5 minutes and forgets to log out of Facebook so that they can quickly hop on and write "hilarious" status updates. Then when the person comes back they crane their necks like giraffes and giggle like children until the prank is found out.

It's the sort of childish pranks that you think are going to go away when you're in grade school, but they're still there in high school, they're still there in college and apparently still there among grown adults in an office environment.

Lol, let me guess, they wrote "I am gay" on a Facebook account update?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#91  Edited By Humanity

@chobobot said:

@humanity said:

Lol, let me guess, they wrote "I am gay" on a Facebook account update?

I forgot what it was exactly, but it was something along those lines, like joining homosexual pride groups or something. If it was a bunch of guys I'd kind of understand because after all we are a simple gender when it comes to crude humor - but surprisingly enough this was done by three women, one of which is over 35, married with kids. When I pointed out how infantile they're acting they all huffed and puffed. It was kind of shocking really.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: I applied for a Job at asda (that's Walmart if your an american) I didn't get it, but I remember being asked in the interview what I want my name tag to say. Did you have that choice, and what would you have picked?

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The fact that I am the most productive employee there and my fellow co-workers can't be bothered to do any work whole they are on shift. This causes me to have to do both their jobs along with me still having to do the stuff I'm responsible for.

The thing that really annoys me is that my floor manager just recently left and my boss decides to give the position to one of the laziest people there just because they are friends. I hate my job with a passion and I am looking forward to leaving it very soon which will screw them over big time.

chobobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By chobobot

@falserelic: I applied for a Job at asda (that's Walmart if your an american) I didn't get it, but I remember being asked in the interview what I want my name tag to say. Did you have that choice, and what would you have picked?

You should have told them "Iver Hardy" or "Phil McCracken".

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chobobot: No i didn't have that kind of wit. I've always liked Colin Oscopy though

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a choice too, but I used my real name. I regret it since people know my real name. I should have called myself Steve Fox or Big Daddy J.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im annoyed when its unclear wtf im supposed to do becouse of bad planning and organisation from the "higher ups" and then they mask their lazy faults by saying they are "entrusting more responsibility" to their employees but ofc that added responsibility doesnt come with a raise...

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Medicare with Medicaid secondary customers, and literally having to choose who to help and who to ignore due to that our company is under staffed.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

Im annoyed when its unclear wtf im supposed to do becouse of bad planning and organisation from the "higher ups" and then they mask their lazy faults by saying they are "entrusting more responsibility" to their employees but ofc that added responsibility doesnt come with a raise...

I hear ya.

I remeber I had to work in the BottleRoom ( fucking sucks btw). I had to keep throwing away trash,cleaning the room, and making sure to build new crates to go into the machines. One time a customer's bottle wouldn't go through the machine. He was wondering if he could get some type of receipt, but at the time I didn't know what he was talking about. So I went around to see if I could find my Team Manager, but by the time he arrived the guy left.

He then explained if that happens you have to write out a receipt. I'm thinking ''why the fuck my supervisor didn't tell me this the first time?''. I had a whole bunch of moments of looking like a dumbass to people. Mostly because nobody didn't inform me of what I was suppose to be doing. Then I'll end up having a pissed off customer on my hands, and some people can push you to the point you want to knock them on there ass.

Though if you hit a customer your fired, even if they hit you first. Only thing you can do is walk away from them. For me if a person keeps trying to come at me. Then fuck the job it ain't worth going to the hospital over... I'm hitting them back.