#1 Posted by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -

What are some good Deadpool comics you could recommend to someone whose never read any of his comics before? Im looking for anything but preferably collections of comic books like a graphic novel of his put together including multiple comics. Anything good and good for a newcomer will do though.

P.S. im not new to comics, just his comics

#2 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Joe Kelly's legendary run (The best written Deadpool there's ever been) is collected in the first five volumes of Deadpool Classics

Volume 6 has the excellently and under appreciated Chrisopher Priest written run. Gail Simone was close, but I feel no writer has managed to get Wade as well as Kelly and Priest did.

#3 Posted by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: Thank you I'll check them out.

#4 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

No probs, I would've almost recommended you skip Volume 1 cause the only really important thing there is that it includes issue 1 of volume 1 of his regular series. The Circle Chase and Sins Of The Past miniseries it covers show their age quite a lot. But it's a nice look at the origins of Wade and really shows you his character growth over the run of the regular series.

The rest are slices of fried gold though. Deadpool is a character that is very easy to write poorly, but those collections include the pinnacle in my opinion in Joe Kelly and Christopher Priest.

Other than those, anything from UDON (Usually written by Gail Simone and some great issues by Evan Dorkin) which included the Deadpool/Agent X/Taskmaster era were great and so was Fabian Niceza's Cable & Deadpool for the most part.

#5 Posted by SuperSambo (2879 posts) -

Cool comics?

#6 Posted by MethodMan008 (817 posts) -

Uncanny X-Force. For sure. I've heard the main Deadpool books coming out now are quite good as well.

#7 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

Cool comics?

Ah, the bleating of the ignorant, unwashed sheep rears it's head again

#8 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@MethodMan008 said:

Uncanny X-Force. For sure. I've heard the main Deadpool books coming out now are quite good as well.

I'm really back and forth on Daniel Way's Deadpool. Sometimes he's just too wacky for wacky's sake. It's a bit tiresome and makes for a rather one-dimensional Wade. Though he has written some great pieces too. The entire run of Deadpool wanting to join the X-Men was hilarious.

X-Force is great, though a lot more dark. Then again, it's a way better dark Deadpool than Deadpool MAX which I felt went to some twisted places just cause it could. And it was really more of a Bob comic than Deadpool to me.

#9 Posted by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

@SuperSambo said:

Cool comics?

Ah, the bleating of the ignorant, unwashed sheep rears it's head again

That was excellent. I really hate when people join forums just to post irrelevant crap. Thanks again for people so helpful and all around great person.

#10 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

Cool comics?

Die.

--

Try Deadpool Max! It's fairly new and it's funny as hell. It also has cursing and dirty jokes because the MAX imprint allows the characters to do whatever they want. It's for adults rather than kids. Great stuff.

#11 Posted by blindisaac (141 posts) -
#12 Edited by Undeadpool (4960 posts) -

@TeflonBilly: Daniel Way's current run has been spectacular, Fabian Nicizeia's run on Cable/Deadpool (which has now been rebranded Deadpool/Cable) and Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is only 1 issue in, but it's got a STRONG start.

#13 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Uncanny X-Force has the best Deadpool ever, even if it's not a Deadpool book.

#14 Posted by LD50 (415 posts) -

@SuperSambo said:

Cool comics?

Names a little racist don't ya think? For a white kid in the UK.

#15 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@LD50 said:

@SuperSambo said:

Cool comics?

Names a little racist don't ya think? For a white kid in the UK.

He could be talking about this

#16 Edited by LD50 (415 posts) -

Good point. I can't be mad at someone that loves American breakfast franchises. :D

#17 Posted by skcaptain (14 posts) -

I really like all the deadpool comics but maybe the Deadpool + Cable ones, or the ones where he was with Spider-man are what I would suggest.

#18 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

There's a current on-going book called "Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe".

You should...you should probably look into this.

Also X-Force is pretty great, though Deadpool is just one character of many.