#1 Posted by WolfHazard (471 posts) -

There are a ton that look interesting but too many to weed through, so I'm going to the GB community to get some recommendations. I just want something scary, violent, gory, funny etc basically anything horror themed thats not complete bullshit. I use Xbox as my Netflix box, so I'm not sure if that has a different library or not but I thought I should mention it.

Help a brotha out!

#2 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2010 posts) -

Pontypool.

Ponty. Pool.

#3 Posted by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

Patrick mentioned these two & after seeing them myself as a lifelong fan of the horror genre, they're worth seeing:

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

Paranormal Activity 3

also found the following good, all instant last time I checked:

I Sell the Dead

Call of Cthulhu

Lifeforce

House of the Devil

Satan's Little Helper

#4 Posted by seek83 (26 posts) -

Check out Severance. It's a clever UK horror/comedy. You'll have to ignore the Danny Dyer factor but yeah, pretty good stuff.

#5 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

Pontypool.

#6 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

Thankskilling. You're welcome.

#7 Posted by Empirepaintball (1393 posts) -

It's not exactly horror, more of a suspense movie, but Red State is a great flick. I'm a big Kevin Smith fan, and this movie is awesome.

#8 Posted by WolfHazard (471 posts) -

Added all of these that I haven't seen yet to my instant queue! If anyone else has any to add please do but I'll be busy for a bit, going to do Pontypool.

#9 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Are Ju On and Ju On 2 on there? Scariest films I've ever seen.

#10 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3407 posts) -

IF you have hulu plus I think they have the first 5 halloween movies.

#11 Posted by davide (35 posts) -

I just saw The Evil Dead on Netflix last week. It's great and holds up well.

#12 Posted by dopplerganger (80 posts) -

An American Werewolf in London. I could watch that movie everyday. Beware the moon.

#13 Posted by hussatron (189 posts) -

@SirOptimusPrime: Yeah, I really enjoyed Pontypool. Such an odd movie. So little action, just a few characters, and it all takes place in the same building throughout the movie, and yet, it works really well.

#14 Posted by bibamatt (1088 posts) -

A Tale of Two Sisters. It's a Korean (I think?) film and it's super, SUPER scary.

#15 Edited by tarvis (75 posts) -

I really enjoyed The Innkeepers. And three random films off the top of my head on Instant: Demon Knight, Slither and Leviathan.

Edit - Hellraiser is on there, too, if you've never seen it.

Actually, now that I'm looking at it. Also not mentioned (yet), Re-Animator. An American Werewolf in London. The Prince of Darkness. Night of the Comet. The Host. Audition. The Keep. Black Death. Warlock. The Unnamable.

#16 Posted by BaconBits (57 posts) -

The Burrowers is pretty good, it's also probably the only horror movie that takes place in the Old West

#17 Posted by JEC03 (900 posts) -

The Pact.

#18 Posted by ElectricBeaver (23 posts) -

Slither.

#19 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

Headhunters is pretty clearly a thriller rather than a horror movie, but it's a fantastic movie with the classic "man is hunted by ruthless killer" theme at its core. It's got some good black humor and AMAZING makeup and gore effects.

#20 Posted by gaminghooligan (1447 posts) -

@gelatinabomination said:

Headhunters is pretty clearly a thriller rather than a horror movie, but it's a fantastic movie with the classic "man is hunted by ruthless killer" theme at its core. It's got some good black humor and AMAZING makeup and gore effects.

Seriously OP this duder said it all, everyone with streaming should check out Headhunters it's crazy

#21 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

half of the suggestions in here are horromedies or whatever

that being said, i love horromedies.

its a word! shut up!

#22 Posted by Grimmrobe (199 posts) -

Grave Encounters, Apartment 143.

#23 Edited by Kratch (367 posts) -

The Japanese horror movie (not the shitty American remake) "Pulse" is really good.

Also, Slither, The Host, An American Werewolf in London, and Re-Animator get a thumbs up from me.

#24 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

Slither isn't scary but it's fucking hilarious and it has both Nathan Fillion and Michael Rooker. It's one of my favorite movies of the genre.

#25 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@gaminghooligan said:

@gelatinabomination said:

Seriously OP this duder said it all, everyone with streaming should check out Headhunters it's crazy

+1!
#26 Posted by SoloReX (59 posts) -

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil It's a hilarious, and gory comedy-horror with a heart of gold.

#27 Posted by Hamst3r (4486 posts) -

Things available on Netflix streaming right now:

American Werewolf in London, Audition, Carrie, Children of the Corn, Demon Knight, Evil Dead, From Dusk Till Dawn, Hellraiser, House on Haunted Hill, Ju-On 2, Let the Right One In, Mimic, Phone, Piranha, Poltergeist 3, Re-Animator, Santa Sangre, Shutter, Slither, Stigmata, Tales from the Hood, The Fog, The Host, The Last Exorcism, The Omen, Thirst, Three Extremes, Tremors 2, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil.

Those are all pretty amusing.

#28 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3154 posts) -

Grave Encounters is great.