#1 Edited by themangalist (1735 posts) -

I just finished my term tests for university and it was really really stressing. But my interest in games is ever-decreasing, and I feel like making some music. I do have guitar pro 6, but it's not like i could do anything too meaningful with it, either i don't know how to make the sounds more authentic, or that the engine just can't do stuff like other studio software. So my question is, can you recommend some good/easy/helpful music making software so my Christmas break would be much less boring? thanks in advance.

#2 Edited by artofwar420 (6289 posts) -

Sorry

I'm a little trolly tonight, but hey if you can play... go for it.

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Fruity Loops

#4 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -
Cakewalk SONAR and Pro Tools are cool. 
#5 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Reason

#6 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Audacity.

#7 Posted by Chaser324 (6530 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" Fruity Loops "
Moderator Online
#8 Posted by Wipeout (261 posts) -

download samples and use any video or audio editing program

#9 Posted by Deathcrush (52 posts) -

The problem with musik and musik edeting programs is that they usualy are crasy ekspensiv. but i would recomend Sonar or Nuendo ( Nuendo = CRAZY EXPENSIVE)

#10 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Reason "
Reaktor 5, Rammfire ( imo, the best multi distortion effect), and of course Logic. If you got the money then you also can't go wrong with Pro Tools
#11 Posted by themangalist (1735 posts) -
Thanks everyone.

@artofwar420 said:
"

Sorry

I'm a little trolly tonight, but hey if you can play... go for it.

"
ummmm... wow. In fact, I do write songs and play the guitar (and sing). Problem is, I want to spice up my songs with drums and basslines.

@Mordukai:   
Logic looks really good. Sigh, but being a mere college student who doesn't even know if he wants to pursue a music career or not...

@Chaser324 said:
" @Axxol said:
" Fruity Loops "
"
Looks pretty alright, but i heard it was more for trance? I'm going to give it a try. Thanks.