What are some good songs to binge-listen to?

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Me and my friend were discussing this earlier today and while he finds himself listening to Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters more than 20 times a day at some points, I can easily listen to this for an entire day:

So what are some other songs you often find yourselves listening to excessively?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The dead flag blues." Can seemingly loop infinitely. Great Last of Us type feel. Perfect for gaming.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every song. It's a habit when you're a musician and trying to learn a song. I don't even notice I'm doing it until somebody around me points out that I've been playing the same song on a loop for hours.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I can, and have, listened to "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk for several hours at time before.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Whatever I'm in the mood for, honestly. I typically only have a handful of albums in my rotation at a time anyway.

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

"Silent Flight Parliament" by Between the Buried & Me; you'd be hard pressed to find a metal song any more 'epic' than that. Also "Mr. Invisible" by Thank You Scientist, which isn't even my favorite by them, but it's so catchy with so much going on simultaneously.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This was the last song i binge listened to, i probably listened to it every day on repeat for a few weeks lol.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ripelivejam

been in a depressive, sentimental, meditating on life funk for awhile as my 100+ lastfm plays of the national's pink rabbits would attest to.

i've also been grinding explosions in the sky's those who tell the truth shall die, those who tell the truth shall be set free, specifically "the moon is down" into the metaphorical ground lately.

haven't really listened to anything new otherwise.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am old so I have listened to Debaser by the Pixies many many times, and when I used ITunes I used to always make sure it was at the top of my "most played" list.

Lately I have been listening to many of the songs from Run the Jewels 3 on repeat. Panther like a Panther and Early are fantastic on repeat.

DeepSpace9MM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I could easily listen to Roygbiv by Boards of Canada on a loop for the rest of my life. Actually I could probably do that with any of their stuff. They're my favoritist band, you see.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been really sick lately, I got sick the other week and I got food poisoning this Wednesday. So all I've been listening is Carpenter Brut, it's the only thing that hasn't given me a headache.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By monetarydread

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H-K2DZojWi0

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By TobbRobb

None. But if I had perhaps a short playlist of 4-5 kinda loopable song I'd make do with that for a few hours. But yeah no, I can't turn off my ears like some other people do so any kind of looping noise will bother me sooner rather than later. Even if I like it initially. This is a big reason why I dislike some really popular music. If it's repetitive enough, I'll be annoyed by a tune before the 3min are even over.

That all said I've taken a liking to this song, it seems rather loopable. Not my usual cup of tea but that kind of makes it better.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GTAV has a lot of good songs this is one of my favorites.

Loading Video...
TheHanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I could listen to Ghost's Square Hammer on repeat all day and not get tired of it.

Loading Video...

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

ehbunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have what is generally described as an addictive personality, so if something brings me joy I just want more of it, if I get into just one song it's not uncommon for me to just play it over and over, I won't necessarily loop it, but as soon as it's over, if I'm not done listening to it I will start it right over, and there are times I'll listen to a song over 50 times in a day I'm sure. Luckily over the last few years I've taken to listening to entire albums so I'll listen to a 30-40 minute album 4-5 times in a row which is probably slightly more bearable for anyone in earshot.

As far as what are good songs to binge listen to I'd think that probably depends on the person but for me I've been listening to Bassline Junkie by Dizzee Rascal ever since Jeff posted it this week on twitter, had never heard it before but it's been my song since then, Also been listening to Three Days Graces cover of You Don't Get Me High Anymore quite often the last week.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uhtaree

@deepspace9mm: I remember having a morbid fascination with "The Beach at Redpoint". I always imagined the album Geogaddi as some alternate reality soundtrack to a 1970s high school filmstrip about nuclear war or something.

DeepSpace9MM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@uhtaree: Music has the Right to Children always reminds me of real vague memories of watching BBC nature documentaries as a kid in the 80's, or of going to the library at night and looking through books on dinosaurs or sea-life. It's so weird how their music makes you so nostalgic for weird things that you only have vague memories of, or things that didn't have a real impact on you but stick with you, like catching an image of something on the TV for only a split second but that image stays with you forever. I love it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I know it isn't What's New Pussycat, which was my first thought after seeing this thread topic.

Loading Video...

Seriously though, I'd have to say The B-52s - Love Shack. Then again, I'm not a big fan of playing single songs on repeat.

Although...

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By CastroCasper
Loading Video...

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I have a habit of listening to a couple of songs I really like at a given moment excessively. Sometimes I listen to the same song so many times that after I while I almost get sick of it and end up avoiding some songs for a long time because of that. This mostly happens when I discover a new song I haven't heard before and really like. So whatever songs I happens to be into at any moment is what I binge listen to.

dudestreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reptiles by Them Crooked Vultures has been a staple as of late

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Not sure if this counts but It's something I can have on in the background and just chill.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#25  Edited By csl316

Considering the Revengeance soundtrack is something special and MGS is back today... Mistral's theme got SO MANY PLAYS just now.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#27 fisk0  Moderator

The Dead Flag Blues along with a bunch of other Godspeed You! Black Emperor tracks certainly get played on repeat a lot in my home.

In the past few months I've mostly been binge-listening to the Swedish pop group Kent, and these songs have been on repeat a lot:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

(and a couple more: 12)

There's also been a lot of the 70's post-punk group Cosmic Overdose, but sadly none of their best tracks are available anywhere online. One of Ståålfågel's 1980 songs, En Dag I Varuhuset and Cortex' Jesus I Betong from the same year are also regularly on repeat.

Oh, and this Public Image Limited classic:

Loading Video...