What are some of your favorite tongue twisters?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Tireyo
I'll post my 5 common favorites and hard to say tongue twisters.

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

How many boards
Could the Mongols hoard
If the Mongol hordes got bored? -From Calvin and Hobbes

She sells sea shells on the sea shore;
The shells that she sells are sea shells I'm sure.
So if she sells sea shells on the sea shore,
I'm sure that the shells are sea shore shells.

The sixth sheik's sixth sheep 's sick.

People pledging plenty of pennies.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck
If a wood chuck could chuck wood?
About as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck
If a wood chuck could chuck wood

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Endogene

There was this part for the V for Vendatte comic were V only used words starting with a V in a letter. I saw it here on Giant Bomb but i don't remember who posted it.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tireyo
Endogene said:
"There was this part for the V for Vendatte comic were V only used words starting with a V in a letter. I saw it here on Giant Bomb but i don't remember who posted it. "

Shucks. You're not going to lock this are you?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Claude
Coltonio7 said:
"How much wood could a wood chuck chuckIf a wood chuck could chuck wood?About as much wood as a wood chuck could chuckIf a wood chuck could chuck wood"
Ha, that's my favorite too. My name is Claude, but my nickname is Chuck.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tireyo
Endogene said:
"There was this part for the V for Vendatte comic were V only used words starting with a V in a letter. I saw it here on Giant Bomb but i don't remember who posted it. "

Never mind.  I know what you mean now.  You confused me for a second there.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#7  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'd forgotten that Monkey Island bit.  That was hilarious.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Endogene
Tireyo643 said:
"Endogene said:
Shucks. You're not going to lock this are you?"
Oh no no I'm not a forum mod actually, I only take care of wiki stuff. It was in a completely different kind of thread, just can't remember the title. This thread is fine, first time I've seen such a topic on the site.

edit: ha found it
Behold! In view a humble vaudevillian theatre veteran, chosen on behalf of others as both a victim and a villian by a change of fate. This mask, no mere layer of vanity, it’s evidence of a voice of the people, which was gone and missing; the mask is now a necessary voice of truth that respects what they once fought against. However, this voice is back standing strong and promises to get rid of corrupt evil and deal with the greedy decisions that have violated us. The only way is retribution, a fight, symbolizing a wish, not lacking substance, for the value and truth that will one day justify the alert and moral people. In fact, this lengthy speech is just a strong introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tireyo

Endogene: You confused me there.  It's ok! :D

konvikt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By konvikt

i really dont have a favorite tongue twister

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tireyo
konvikt said:
"i really dont have a favorite tongue twister"

Do you know of any that is hard to say?
konvikt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By konvikt

well yea i know some (they have already been mentioned in previous posts) but i wouldnt really classify any as my favorite

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

The first two posts covered all the ones I know. :(

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tireyo

konvikt: Ok, I just wasn't sure if you wanted to post some.

Bellum: It's ok.  If you come across any, then you can always come here and post some! :)

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Gunner

what kind of noise annoys an oyster? a noisy noise annoys an oyster.

Say that 5 times fast.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tireyo
Gunner said:
"what kind of noise annoys an oyster? a noisy noise annoys an oyster. Say that 5 times fast. "

That's pretty good! :D
Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Civraz

I want a proper cup of coffee from a proper coffee pot.
Unique New York. New York's unique.
Then try saying "Toy boats" 5 times fast.  It's harder than you think.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince
Endogene said:
T'was me. Here I'll write it out again:

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V - err... LiquidPrince."
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tireyo
Dogbert47 said:
"I want a proper cup of coffee from a proper coffee pot. Unique New York. New York's unique. Then try saying "Toy boats" 5 times fast.  It's harder than you think. "

I don't get the last one at all.  I can say that 5 times fast without problems.  The other two are quite unique and tricky though.  Good post!
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By RHCPfan24

Irish Wristwatch.

Say it! Say it faster!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Tireyo
RHCPfan24 said:
"Irish Wristwatch.Say it! Say it faster!"
Oh my gosh! That it so difficult! :D That is a good one!
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tireyo
LiquidPrince said:
"Endogene said:
T'was me. Here I'll write it out again:

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V - err... LiquidPrince." "
That is so unique and creative! Glad you brought it up!
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By maxszy
RHCPfan24 said:
That's impossible!
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By RHCPfan24
Tireyo643 said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
Oh my gosh! That it so difficult! :D That is a good one!"
Maxszy said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
That's impossible!"
Hehe no one ever expects that one coming....
ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShadowKiller

I was trying to find that clip of a person on family guy saying she sells sea shells by the sea shore and then he gets mauled by a bear. But sadly I cannot find it anywhere on youtube.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tireyo
ShadowKiller said:
"I was trying to find that clip of a person on family guy saying she sells sea shells by the sea shore and then he gets mauled by a bear. But sadly I cannot find it anywhere on youtube."
Perhaps some stupid copyright law took it out.
ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowKiller
Tireyo643 said:
"ShadowKiller said:
"I was trying to find that clip of a person on family guy saying she sells sea shells by the sea shore and then he gets mauled by a bear. But sadly I cannot find it anywhere on youtube."
Perhaps some stupid copyright law took it out."
Yeah youtube is slowly ruining itself...
Carlos1408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Carlos1408

I know a couple good ones in spanish, the ones I know in english have already been posted, so HERE YA GO!!!

• Pablito clavo un clavito, que clavito clavo pablito?
  • Tres tristes tigres comen trigo en un trigal!

Say those 5 times, and try it faster and faster, see how you do! HAHAHA!

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Verdugo
Maxszy said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
That's impossible!"

Dang, it IS hard to say fast.
HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HazBazz
Endogene said:

Behold! In view a humble vaudevillian theatre veteran, chosen on behalf of others as both a victim and a villian by a change of fate. This mask, no mere layer of vanity, it’s evidence of a voice of the people, which was gone and missing; the mask is now a necessary voice of truth that respects what they once fought against. However, this voice is back standing strong and promises to get rid of corrupt evil and deal with the greedy decisions that have violated us. The only way is retribution, a fight, symbolizing a wish, not lacking substance, for the value and truth that will one day justify the alert and moral people. In fact, this lengthy speech is just a strong introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
"
And here's the 4chan version:

Bam to behold, a public bulletin board, built of both brilliance and barbarity by bastards with boners. This bastion, no mere bulwark of boredom, is a brutal barrage of blistering bullshit, barely benevolent... but behind the bigotry and boobs, beyond the bitter broadcasts of bragging buffoons: here be the body politic. A brotherhood of blasphemy, blessed with more balls than brains, battling the bland, the bogus, the benign. Bedlam? Bring it on. But I babble... better to be brief.
You may call me /b/.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tireyo
HazBazz said:
"Endogene said:

"
And here's the 4chan version:

Bam to behold, a public bulletin board, built of both brilliance and barbarity by bastards with boners. This bastion, no mere bulwark of boredom, is a brutal barrage of blistering bullshit, barely benevolent... but behind the bigotry and boobs, beyond the bitter broadcasts of bragging buffoons: here be the body politic. A brotherhood of blasphemy, blessed with more balls than brains, battling the bland, the bogus, the benign. Bedlam? Bring it on. But I babble... better to be brief.
You may call me /b/.
"

Tongue Twisters with a hint of peotry! :D Love it!