#1 Posted by SourMillennia (43 posts) -

Members of Giant Bomb...a quest has been passed unto you. Not a very serious one, mind you...but important all the same. What are the best things to make a sandwich out of? Do you have any ideas...I know I have mine, but I'm interested to see what type of foodstuffs member of the site eat. Could be interesting or terrifying...I really don't know. Let me know,it is urgent,for I am hungry.

#2 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1576 posts) -

Get two pieces of rye bread.  On one piece spread some mayonaise.  On the other mustard.  Put them together and enjoy.
#3 Posted by PenguinDust (12517 posts) -

meat and cheese.

#4 Posted by PirateNeal (268 posts) -

dijon mustard

#5 Posted by SoylentGreen (255 posts) -

Turkey, strawberry jam, and cereal.

Eat it.

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Bread and meat with some cheese and MIRACLE WHIP

#7 Posted by PDC_Emulator (184 posts) -

Instructions for the sandwhich of 100% maximum awesome A # 1.  Please note that these steps must be performed in the order specified. If the cheese is placed on the sandwhich first, or the meat becomes swapped, or there is no mayo catastrophic failure will ensue. Resulting in the end of the world.

Ingredients 

Slice of cheese, two pieces of bread, two types of meat (I prefer turkey and ham), some mayo. and chips.

1. Spread the mayo on ONE slice of bread. This piece will become the bottom of the sandwhich.
2. Fold two slices of turkey in half, and place them on the bread with the mayo.
3. Place the cheese of your choosing on top of the turkey.
4. Fold two slices of ham, and place on top of the cheese layer.
5. Now for the tricky part, take several chips and place them on top of the ham so that the ham is no longer visible under the chips. 
6. Take the other piece of bread and place it on top of the chip layer. 
7.  You will want to slightly compress the sandwich after it is assembled, so that you hear a nice *crunch*. This means the chips have started the maximum awesome procedure.

If you have completed all of the above correctly the result will be miraculous. Behind the scenes, the chips start a chemical reaction with the layer of ham, which in turn will moisten the cheese, which in turn will add electrolytes to the turkey layer. After the reaction is complete, the mayo on the very bottom-most piece of bread will spontaneously combust, resulting in the most awesome flavors this world has ever known.  

#8 Posted by wavegoodbye (285 posts) -

Whole Wheat + Turkey + Pepper Jack + Miracle Whip 

It prevents death.

#9 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6195 posts) -

Hah!  I'm loving this thread.  

Sourdough, turkey, Swiss, mayo, honey dijon mustard, a little bit of Thousand Island dressing, a shake of parmesan cheese, and a little bit of dill relish.  That's my favorite.  It also works really well as a wrap, too, but I'd throw in some lettuce and onion to fill it out if I was doing a thicker wrap.

#10 Posted by greenblattsam (81 posts) -

Take a bread of your choice preferably two pieces and butter the opposite sides. From here take 3-4 slices of a sharp cheddar cheese and place them between the bread. Now get a skillet, heat it, and then cook and enjoy a crazy good grilled cheese :D.

#11 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -
@SoylentGreen: 

Strawberry jam,
goes better with ham.
 So says Mr. Stewart.
#12 Posted by SL33TBL1ND (525 posts) -

Mozzarella, mexicana doritos and ham all microwaved until cheese is melted. Enjoy!

#13 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Everything you can imagine in between two pieces of bread :)

#14 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

an old fashion chicken and cheese sandwich.

#15 Posted by RustyScrew (72 posts) -

one slice of rye bread. only one 
slice of cheese 
2 slices of tomato 
salt and pepper the tomato slices

#16 Posted by wrecks (2256 posts) -

love.

#17 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Nutella and Marshmallow spread on white bread with the crust cut off.

#18 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Two pieces of KFC chicken, bacon, and cheese. 

#19 Posted by KowalskiTakePoint (65 posts) -
@SL33TBL1ND: that actually sounds kinda good
#20 Posted by marrec (256 posts) -
@wavegoodbye said:
" Whole Wheat + Turkey + Pepper Jack + Miracle Whip  It prevents death. "
This, except what the hell is Miracle Whip? Wasabi Mayonnaise is where it's at. Miracle Whip... might as well use Mustard. 

Pft.
#21 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Take two buns, beef, American cheese, pickles, ketchup, and mustard; then combine them to make the classic American cheeseburger (YAY!)

#22 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -
@AgentJ said:
"Two pieces of KFC chicken, bacon, and cheese.  "

Please tell me you're joking...
#23 Posted by Dysnomia (689 posts) -

I don't eat that many awesome and creative sandwiches, but I'm a huge fan of Whole Weat + Peanut Butter + Bananas + Honey.

#24 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

Roast Beef, Cheese, Tomato, Lettuce, bread of personal preference, and mayonnaise

#25 Posted by ozzdog12 (861 posts) -

2 slices of honey wheat bread
Mustard
Salomi
Pepperoni
Ham/Turkey
Cheddar/Provolone cheese
 Put in Toaster oven until golden brown and cheese is melted

#26 Posted by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -

Meat and cheese. Nothing will ever beat a cold cut sandwich.

#27 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2054 posts) -

Bread.
Creamy Peanut Butter.
Gape Jelly.

#28 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
@ozzdog12 said:
" 2 slices of honey wheat bread Mustard Salomi Pepperoni Ham/Turkey Cheddar/Provolone cheese  Put in Toaster oven until golden brown and cheese is melted "
that sounds like a bangin sandwhich.
#29 Posted by SL33TBL1ND (525 posts) -
@KowalskiTakePoint
It is, could just be the layers of MSG on the doritos but whatever.
#30 Posted by gnark1ll420 (101 posts) -

has to have roast or corned beef

#31 Posted by ozzdog12 (861 posts) -
@Mrnitropb said:
" @ozzdog12 said:
" 2 slices of honey wheat bread Mustard Salomi Pepperoni Ham/Turkey Cheddar/Provolone cheese  Put in Toaster oven until golden brown and cheese is melted "
that sounds like a bangin sandwhich. "
Bro, it is a bangin sandwich..You should try it sometime
#32 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@FiestaUnicorn said:
" Get two pieces of rye bread.  On one piece spread some mayonaise.  On the other mustard.  Put them together and enjoy. "
yes, add some tofurkey and lettuce and tomatos
#33 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

When I am broke and food is hard to come by, a simple bologna sandwich will do.

One slice of bread to begin with.
Some slices of bologna with some ruffle chips on top.
Top with a slice of american cheese.
Put some dijon mustard on the cheese then add a little mayonaise (none of that miracle whip bullshit)
Top with bread and scarf because it's fucking delicious.

#34 Posted by AlfredCapone (164 posts) -
@ozzdog12 said:
Damn
#35 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

Meat, meat and more meat. And either some mayonaise (preferably garlic mayo, but plain is fine too) or some cheese, depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

#36 Posted by Aas (603 posts) -

Love.

#37 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

A sesame topped bun cut in half.  With a hamburger patty in between the two halves.

#38 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -

salami
cheese
mustard
ketchup
n mayo
can`t forget about the mayo

#39 Posted by HoldOnToYourAsses (250 posts) -
@s7evn said:
" Everything you can imagine in between two pieces of bread :) "
Like my dick in a box--i mean sandwich?!
#40 Posted by buzz_clik (6975 posts) -

It's my second rule of food: anything edible can be put between two slices of bread to make something awesome. Hot meat pie sandwich is a personal favourite.

#41 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I like putting whatever was for supper the night before in my sandwhiches, I add cheese and end up with occasionally great stuff

#42 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -

Ham is my favorite Sandwich meat and Pepper Jack is my favorite sandwich cheese.

#43 Edited by iKANNIBAL (601 posts) -

That is probably the best thing about having an Italian mother, when i was a kid she made sandwiches that were not only delicious but could be full course meals, her breakfast sandwiches were unmatched, even made one she dubbed "The Pizzawich" oh god it was amazing the way everything was melted and the home made bisquit........Fuck i'm hungry now, fuck this thread, i'm going to raid the fridge.

#44 Posted by Shindiggah (350 posts) -

take cajun turkey andl ayer it up to your hearts content, then put a thin slice of brown sugar ham overi t to help tone down the spiciness and add a nice sweet edge to the sandwich, then apply one slice of american cheese some bacon and lettuce and enjoy. Also make the sandwich on either sourdough or the simple american classice, White bread

#45 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

As long as there's peanut butter on it.

#46 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Bacon. Always bacon.

#47 Posted by JamesBoyce (295 posts) -

If paninis count, the best and only ingreidents necessary when paninis are involved are, of course, chicken tikka, crispy bacon and mozzarella cheese.  TOO LEGIT.