• 124 results
#101 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

When characters on TV or in movies discover that their brakes aren't working, and they just helplessly barrel down the street or something else equally stupid. Don't they know about emergency brakes?

They inhabit the alternate universe of TV Land, where things conveniently do or don't work in their favor for dramatic effect. As the monarch of Video Game Land, I'd have though you'd realize this.

#102 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@PillClinton:

No, because I can name games with an emergency brake. Also, this:

Why is this pose so common? Superman can fly, but what's holding Lois up? Did Superman starch her the fuck up before taking her out? Does she have ridiculously strong arm muscles? Why isn't she dangling for dear life, as physics would normally dictate?

#103 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1726 posts) -

SHIT  

TASTE

#104 Edited by CatsAkimbo (618 posts) -

@yeah_write: I was one of the people who was talking about the term rogue-like in that blog, but I was saying pretty much the same thing you are: it doesn't really matter. People get the gist of what you mean when you say rogue-like, so who cares if it's not really the perfect term.

I sort of broke my own rule about people who correct others online. In general, when you point out some grammar mistake in someone's post, you're just making yourself look like an asshole. If you've ever tried having a conversation with someone who does this in real life, interrupting you and saying "no, it's pronounced this way," you know that person just sounds like such a dick for pointing it out when you're just trying to talk.

#105 Posted by afrofools (1341 posts) -

@CaLe said:

People who use 'then' when it should be 'than'. For example: I like Skyrim more then Oblivion. I just... it's such a simple thing and people get it wrong. I don't understand. I just don't understand it.

Typo.

#106 Posted by zeppelinracer (49 posts) -

Misuse of grammar gets under my skin, but I can usually control calling out friends on facebook.

When someone says YOLO in regards to a situation being justified even thought it is a very dumb idea, I want to punch them in the neck. Hard.

People taking about a movie, game or book, and then giving it horrible remarks/reviews even though they have not seen, read, or played said media.

Also, ignorance in general.

#107 Edited by beeftothetaco (421 posts) -

Pseudo-intellectualism, Facebook self-shots and people who aren't from the UK, Australia or NZ using the word "mate" regularly.

#108 Posted by TinAutomaton (51 posts) -

I let everything slide. I'm like a frictionless, vertically aligned plane.

I am a terrible person

#109 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

People who get super mad at grammar.

Not everybody on the internet is a native English speaker.

#110 Posted by 49th (2734 posts) -

Fuckin' pandas

#111 Posted by Fat_Magnum (68 posts) -

@Scrawnto: ' I seen..' is just a regular part of the lexicon where I live, an admittedly grating one.

#112 Posted by yeah_write (219 posts) -

@NTM: I heart you for that. At my last job (I'm a copywriter), I was in charge of the interns one summer. I had to edit their work and I noticed some of them put two spaces after the period and some put one. I guess some schools still teach two. I prefer one. So did every brand we wrote for, which mean I had to correct each and every occurrence...and then I had to be "that guy" and send out an email asking them all to please put just one space after the period.

Dammit. Stupid typo.

@TorMasturba: Thanks for that. I learned that after my first year of marriage. I packed on 20 pounds. Then I got smart about what I was eating and worked out like crazy (true story, I used the LL Cool J workout plan). Went from 220 to 190. Now I'm 178, and I also work for the nation's largest sports nutrition product distributor. That doesn't have anything to do with what you said, but working there does help keep me honest--all the people in sales at my job have bodies like superheroes (gotta use/know the products to sell em!)

#113 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (771 posts) -

Self-righteous hypocrites are the worst on the Internet and in real life.

#114 Edited by TyCobb (1966 posts) -

People that put currency symbols on the wrong side. Dollar signs go on the left. $50 correct. 50$ wrong.

Also it's 50¢, not ¢50 and definitely not .50¢ . I've lost track how many times I have seen dumbass teenagers working at a local business write in .99¢

I know most of the world has their currency on the right-hand side, but I don't give a shit. If you are talking about dollars then it is on the left. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Another thing I can't stand is when people make blog posts on this site that are not actually blog posts. A blog post should be something informative, not another senseless forum topic that is just asking the community a question.

#115 Posted by yeah_write (219 posts) -

@TyCobb said:

I can never remember how to get the cent symbol quick enough, so I'll often use $.99, which I think is acceptable. I've seen it used at work in ad copy before, so if it's good enough for the clients I've worked for, it's good enough for me.

Also,

Another thing I can't stand is when people make blog posts on this site that are not actually blog posts. A blog post should be something informative, not another senseless forum topic that is just asking the community a question.

Not sure if that's sarcasm related to this blog post/glorified forum question. But it was noted anyway. I don't do these often. I usually try to keep it a little more reflective to stir up some good discussion...but it's Friday.

#116 Posted by TyCobb (1966 posts) -

@yeah_write said:

@TyCobb said:

I can never remember how to get the cent symbol quick enough, so I'll often use $.99, which I think is acceptable. I've seen it used at work in ad copy before, so if it's good enough for the clients I've worked for, it's good enough for me.

Also,

Not sure if that's sarcasm related to this blog post/glorified forum question. But it was noted anyway. I don't do these often. I usually try to keep it a little more reflective to stir up some good discussion...but it's Friday.

It was not directed at you. I am referring to people that make a blog post with a single question and that is it. No thought out view on something, no real content. Just a question or some half-assed thought that they couldn't even structure correctly. Your blog post is better than 95% of the blog posts that get made.

#117 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Hearing what I know to be a marketing campaign slogan or term back from someone else in a empathetic and unaware fashion disturbs me (i.e. hearing someone unconsciously direct quote a Scott's yard fertilizer tag line as a recent example).

The unawareness over "natural" being a purely marketing term (no applicable standard) also bothers me, but I see it so often that its more of a numbed reflex.

#118 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

people sometimes.

people who one moment say they hate something, and then the next they'll say they like it. i have a friend who would do something like that. he would be like man this band sucks. a few weeks later he would get the band CD. i would be like i thought you hated that band. no when did i say that. a few weeks ago. i'm a person who remembers small things that people say.

#119 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1203 posts) -

People who define themselves by brands and genres of music and other shit like that , for example

"You own an Android phone but also think that iOS is fine too?... you can't do that! "

or

" You listen to metal but you also like rap? Why? "

FUCK PEOPLE LIKE THAT.

#120 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

I hate people that litter.

I drove my girlfriend to a 24-hour pharmacy a few nights ago, and I was waiting outside in my car for her to come back out and a teenaged boy and girl were outside goofing around. I glanced up from my phone and looked at them, and one of them threw a piece of trash into the middle of the street, from where they were standing on the sidewalk. Made my blood boil -- I seriously can't stand people who litter. They were young, but old enough to know you shouldn't be throwing your trash into the damn street, especially when there are two trash cans literally 15 feet from you. >:|

#121 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I hate it when people blow their noses in restaurants. Go to the bathroom and clear that shit out.

#122 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

People who tell people how to pronounce words. When America starts pronouncing Aluminium, Tomato, the letter Z, and other words correctly... then, I'll give a fuck.

Also the 'could care less' thing pisses me off, every time someone says it I show 'em this:

ok video, be up there then..

#123 Posted by Funrush (70 posts) -

When people use terrible grammar and words that don't even sound real, like "hisself". Stuff like that pisses me off so much.

#124 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

@Soap: this,a thousand times THIS! it doesnt matter if im discussing religion or star wars, when most people are wrong but still think they are right they will continue to fight.

" yes,i do understand that everything you said is totally true but i dont care. i know there are facts and i know there can be no way i am right but i am. im not wrong. i dont care what you say,there is a god/ greedo shot first."

#125 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

Drama, especially those who try to involve me in it. I will cut your intestines out of your goddamn stomach and shove them down your throat if you involve me in your drama. Mmkay?