• 130 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by Jeust (10914 posts) -

For me now it's their culture. I'm writting a story based on one of their legends, the story of Azanagi and Azanami. 
 
And what about you?

#2 Posted by Meteora (5789 posts) -

Culture, games and food. Doesn't necessarily have to be sushi; their sweets are awesome.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19396 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" I'm writting a story based on one of their legends, the story of Azanagi and Azanami. "
I can already tell you your story will... something.
 
I like anime and their video games.  Their culture's also interesting, but I can say that about any society.
#4 Posted by natetodamax (19230 posts) -

Anime and video games. I guess I can't really say I like they're video games because so far I've only player one game from Japan (FFXIII)

#5 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Nothing really anymore except for video games.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19396 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
"  I guess I can't really say I like they're video games because so far I've only player one game from Japan (FFXIII) "
False.
#7 Posted by Jeust (10914 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Jeust said:
" I'm writting a story based on one of their legends, the story of Azanagi and Azanami. "
I can already tell you your story will... something.  I like anime and their video games.  Their culture's also interesting, but I can say that about any society. "
it will something alright... now will it be good or bad? :p
#8 Posted by natetodamax (19230 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"  I guess I can't really say I like they're video games because so far I've only player one game from Japan (FFXIII) "
False. "
Where if Final Fantasy XIII from then?
#9 Posted by DukesT3 (1952 posts) -

Giant robots..? and giant lizards. Godzilla is a lizard right?

#10 Edited by Wes899 (2134 posts) -

Their culture? Do you guys mean their ancient culture? Modern Japanese culture seems to be as materialistic as everywhere else.

#11 Edited by AjayRaz (12487 posts) -

their culture.. that's really it. i'm not big on JRPGs and Anime

Online
#12 Edited by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

I like their food, and some of their girls are pretty damn fine.
 
EDIT: And their Video Games ^_^

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19396 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"  I guess I can't really say I like they're video games because so far I've only player one game from Japan (FFXIII) "
False. "
Where if Final Fantasy XIII from then? "
Haha, no I mean that you've played at least one other Japanese game.  Looking at your achievements list, I see DMC3.
#14 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I wouldn't say love but I enjoy their video games, food, and anime.

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19396 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" it will something alright... now will it be good or bad? :p "
*Izanagi and Izanami.
#16 Posted by natetodamax (19230 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @natetodamax said:
"  I guess I can't really say I like they're video games because so far I've only player one game from Japan (FFXIII) "
False. "
Where if Final Fantasy XIII from then? "
Haha, no I mean that you've played at least one other Japanese game.  Looking at your achievements list, I see DMC3. "
You mean DMC4? Totally forgot about that game. Doesn't count though because I hate it and only did like 5 or 6 missions, haha.
#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19396 posts) -
@Wes899 said:
" Their culture? Do you guys mean their ancient culture? Modern Japanese culture seems to be as materialistic as everywhere else. "
They still have their own language, habits, politics, history, hobbies, food, etc.  That's all a part of their culture, and every society has their own culture.  That's what I find interesting.
#18 Posted by starrjack1 (92 posts) -

How different the people are and how they interact with each other, they can be very progressive and at the same time so antiquated, I think it would be interesting to work as a psychologist over there.

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19396 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" You mean DMC4? Totally forgot about that game. Doesn't count though because I hate it and only did like 5 or 6 missions, haha. "
Ah crap, yeah I meant DMC4.  But dude, it's impossible for you to be a gamer and never have played anything else from Japan.  You've never played a Capcom (Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Street Fighter, Viewtiful Joe...) game?  You've never played a SEGA game (Sonic...)?  You've never played a damn Nintendo game (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash, Star Fox, F-Zero...)!?
 
If that's the case, I weep for you.
#20 Posted by xyzygy (10093 posts) -

Only the games and food. Their culture annoys the shit outta me. I can handle it when RPGs have their Japanese stereotypes in it, but the real life culture is just abhorrent to me. The language is pretty awesome though.

#21 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

 Their culture, games, and anime are all quite interesting things that I enjoy reading about/playing/watching.
 
Edit:  OH,  and their food.  Their food is amazing.

#22 Edited by Rowr (5824 posts) -

Hmm, its a tough one. I would probably have to say their tentacle rape. 
 
Otherwise maybe just their preoccupation of hunting every whale from the sea?
 
Its hard to pick favourites.

#23 Posted by ThatFrood (3418 posts) -

Japan is a place that is different.

#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19396 posts) -
@Rowr said:
" Hmm, its a tough one. I would probably have to say their tentacle rape.   Otherwise maybe just their preoccupation of hunting every whale from the sea?  Its hard to pick favourites. "
I'm sure you'd be laughing if someone also cited all the negative stereotype pertaining to the place where you live.
#25 Posted by JJOR64 (19096 posts) -

I like their video games, anime, and their culture.  I've actually never tried Japanese food before.    :(          I want to though.

#26 Posted by natetodamax (19230 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @natetodamax said:
" You mean DMC4? Totally forgot about that game. Doesn't count though because I hate it and only did like 5 or 6 missions, haha. "
Ah crap, yeah I meant DMC4.  But dude, it's impossible for you to be a gamer and never have played anything else from Japan.  You've never played a Capcom (Mega Man, Phoenix Wright, Street Fighter, Viewtiful Joe...) game?  You've never played a SEGA game (Sonic...)?  You've never played a damn Nintendo game (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Super Smash, Star Fox, F-Zero...)!?  If that's the case, I weep for you. "
Alright, now you've backed me into a corner. Yes, I've played Mario. I remember playing a demo for Viewtiful Joe. I've played a Street Fighter game. I've played a Zelda game and an F-Zero game (F-Zero X is one of the best racing games ever). So yeah....damn you.
#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19396 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" I've actually never tried Japanese food before.    :(          I want to though. "
Never tried sushi?  Well, me neither.  I won't lie though; like any culture that's different than mine, some of it just looks disgusting to me.
#28 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5303 posts) -

Food and culture for sure. It seems like a totally different planet over there, and it would be fun to get lost in it all.

#29 Edited by Meeka (40 posts) -

Hey, all !
I like a lot of Japanese stuffs :
1st : Food ! (Maki, sushi, sashimi, okonomiyaki, ramen, yakitori, donburi, oroshi soba, yaki soba, .... )
2nd : Music (just look at my Wiki subs ! =(^_^)= )
3rd : beatiful & modern cities
4th : language & culture
5th : anime / manga
6th : games

#30 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

SOMETIMES i get a special vibe from their ancient culture and shit, but 99% of the time im simply repulsed by how they speak, their tone, their art, and just the fucked up way they roll. 
 
I have nothing against them, i just dont like ANYTHING about Japan.. it's such a fucked up joint.

#31 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

I don't give a shit about Japan and I detest the anime loving dipshits that yell "OMG JAPAN IS SO AWESOME I WISH I LIVED THERE". 
The truth is that they make awesome video games and their culture is really annoying to me.

#32 Posted by Yummylee (22671 posts) -

Their gravure models <3

#33 Posted by s10129107 (1220 posts) -

Japanese Women

#34 Edited by CaptainMax (218 posts) -

My favourite thing from japan has got to be the porn. Lolicon, tentacle rape, train groping. All great stuff. Sushi is pretty good also.

#35 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

I love Japan, though not to the extent that the more avid "otaku"  out there do.  I like anime, love Japanese cuisine (how can it be so delicious and healthy!?), used to live and breathe their video games, and their more formal and polite society has always been extremely interesting and appealing to me.  I'm hoping to teach English in Japan for a few years after college, so hopefully my image of the country isn't shattered by the reality.

#36 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -
@s10129107 said:
"Japanese Women "

This.
#37 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

The food, video games, and their culture are what really is awesome about Japan.

#38 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Their culture is so far removed from most other places, I think it would be hard to not find at least one part of it interesting.  
 
For me it would be the obvious choice of games, arcades to be more specific, never really been around a major one. 
 
That and they seem to get Adidas I can't seem to get my hands on.

#39 Posted by Bureksasutlijom (175 posts) -

The shape.Looks like a banana, and I like bananas.

#40 Posted by JJWeatherman (14575 posts) -

I love the fact that people grow up and turn into people like Swery65 there.

Online
#41 Edited by EvolutionX0 (413 posts) -

Anime and Manga, Food, Games, Music, maybe some other things. 
There a pretty good country.

#42 Posted by billyhoush (1207 posts) -

The lifestyle I had there was much healthier. i.e. biking to work everyday and eating fresh fish. The fact the bank machines accepted and dispensed coins.

#43 Posted by FlyingRat (1447 posts) -

I can't tell if some of you people are joking or just really fucking racist...

#44 Posted by Xeiphyer (5615 posts) -

Most of the Culture is cool, except for the creepy fucked up shit.
 
Also Japanese girls are my favourite. Katanas are awesome. And their names always sound badass.

#45 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

Anime. This is all.

#46 Posted by Animasta (14746 posts) -

ancient culture probably, that and their mythology

#47 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Rowr said:
" Hmm, its a tough one. I would probably have to say their tentacle rape.   Otherwise maybe just their preoccupation of hunting every whale from the sea?  Its hard to pick favourites. "
I'm sure you'd be laughing if someone also cited all the negative stereotype pertaining to the place where you live. "
I'm an Australian living in North America, i get it every single day.
#48 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

What I love about Japan:

  • The six story arcades
  • Pachinko!
  • All the quirky technology
  • Alcoholic vending machines!
  • Maria Ozawa
  • Japanese cuisine
  • Tokyo
#49 Posted by Shirogane (3583 posts) -

Curry rice. Nuff said.
#50 Posted by Computerplayer1 (991 posts) -

The women and because of this...