• 88 results
#1 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Discuss what you'll be doing for our country's birthday! Happy Forth folks!

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Not a thing!

#3 Edited by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

Haha silly, Canada Day was on Monday! Sunday!

#4 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Not a thing!

Sounds about right!

#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10473 posts) -

Going to watch the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Championship on TV. But this year those assholes at ESPN aren't playing it until 3PM, because of stupid tennis. Argh!

Also, eating food, playing video games with other people, other things, etc. But the Hot Dog Championship is the centerpiece. Been watching for years! This year Joey Chestnut is going to go for his sixth straight championship!

#6 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

Working

#7 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Staying the hell away from the outside world like a shut-in. People get stupid nuts on holidays.

#8 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

I'm working from 7 am to 3 pm, hope to play around with my new phone and start Animal Crossing for DS which I have never played. Then I am going with my wife to her parents for dinner and I guess some fireworks

#9 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Anyone doing something cool instead of staying inside? Illegal firework shenanigans?

#10 Posted by forkboy (1115 posts) -

Cursing that you colonials were allowed to go off into the world alone a good 100 years before you'd be made into proper sensible citizens under the influence of the glorious British Empire.

No, not really. My Wednesday will consist of catching up on some podcasts as there's usually a glut that come out on Tuesdays, watching more of The West Wing, reading more of my big Rebus: The St Leonard's Years collection (it's only 3 books & 1 of them was before DI Rebus moved to St Leonard's. Basically it's books 4,5 & 6 in the Rebus series by Ian Rankin). At some point I imagine I will listen to some Velvet Underground to celebrate Americas finest ever achievement in the arts. But otherwise it's a pretty nondescript Wednesday here in Scotland. Oh, there's the Copa Libertadores final 2nd leg on in the middle of the night, Boca Juniors vs Corinthians.

#11 Posted by EuanDewar (4757 posts) -

Chillin' with my ENGLISH FRIENDS.

#12 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@No0b0rAmA said:

Haha silly, Canada Day was on Monday!

well the day off was.

#13 Edited by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

@Hockeymask27: Fixed!

#14 Posted by Muerthoz (347 posts) -

I'll be working.   I was going to make a giant snake like they did in South Park and light it in the parking lot but realized the humor would be wasted on my co-workers.   
So, I'm probably just eating barbecue then going to work.

#15 Posted by baconbits33 (1156 posts) -

Sitting in my Barracks trying to download Battlefield 3 since I'm not allowed to go off the base.

#16 Posted by Intro (1206 posts) -

Going to work, coming home, smoking pot and then hanging out with a girl for the night.

#17 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

Same as every other day. The only special day in July is the 1st. Nothing special about the 4th. Just another Wednesday. Ohhhh... Just realized that tomorrow will probably be a slow day since it's a yankee holiday. I do tech support for HTC phones and most of the calls we get come from the US so it will hopefully be nice and slow. Though from past times working on Holidays we tend to get more angry douche bag calls then normal.

#18 Posted by wrecks (2210 posts) -

Moonrise Kingdom, BBQ, Beer, Hammock.

#19 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

I love 4th of July and Thanksgiving threads, everyone not from the US/Canada comes in and says it's just another day. It always amuses me.

I'll be cooking food and watching fireworks with family.

#20 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Going to be watching fireworks and hopefully eating some sweet food as long as it doesn't rain. Also TWILIGHT ZONE MARATHON.

#21 Posted by CornBREDX (4806 posts) -

I will be at work being abused by idiots that don't understand how computers or the internet actually works.

#22 Posted by IzzyGraze (850 posts) -
#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Mechanics exam #2. Then more studying for final mechanics exam + doing assignments.

#24 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Sleep.

#25 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Going to a friend's house and setting off some fireworks you can't buy in this state.

#26 Posted by Zombie_Shakespeare (132 posts) -

I thought I would read a book. It's my day off. Maybe watch some Doctor Who.

#27 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Guys, it's gonna be really hard for me to not play Spelunky all day.

#28 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Even though I live in the UK, we are celebrating it at work, sort of. It's wild wild west day today so we have to come in dressed in Western clothing, so a check shirt for me!

#29 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i am going to be working.

#30 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3743 posts) -

and I are going to be cooking based off of 's chili recipe and having some family over for a barbeque. Then we're heading to the Hancock Observatory to watch the Navy Pier fireworks from 1,000 feet up.

#31 Posted by FengShuiGod (1478 posts) -

I am in that weird transitional phase between college and the real world, wherein all my friends are scattered across the country/globe as they enjoy the 4th with their family, and somehow my family went off for vacation and left my unemployed self to watch over the family business. So basically, TF2.

#32 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7050 posts) -

It's far, far too dry to shoot off fireworks here so I'm just going to watch other people do it, counting down until a fire is started.

#33 Posted by Butano (1728 posts) -

Moving to my new place, then probably watching The Patriot or something. Just got done watching Independence Day so I think I'm covered for everything except for fireworks.

#34 Posted by Echofoxz (98 posts) -

@Joeyoe31 said:

Sleep.

I second this notion.

#35 Posted by KingKavik (19 posts) -

Rock climbing, weather permitting. It will be a ton of fun!

#36 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

Grillin' durgers and playing video games. That's about it.

#37 Posted by Grilledcheez (3943 posts) -

Going to my cousin's to mess around outside / eat, then coming back up here to watch fireworks and probably SET SOME ILLEGAL ONES OFF

#38 Edited by NTM (7263 posts) -

Aside from the fact I don't really care for celebrating July 4th, my family is barbecuing and setting off fire works. Also, I don't really think a lot of people are celebrating because of our independence, but rather, finding an excuse to blow shit up.

#39 Posted by Sbaitso (499 posts) -

Drinking and eating ribs, what else is there?

#40 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

Mourning the momentous defeat.

#41 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -

Barbecuing with my father (which I already did) and setting off fireworks later. I intend to watch others set shit off too.

#42 Edited by Trilogy (2645 posts) -

Beer and BBQ of course.

#43 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Happy 4th duders!! Woo!

#44 Posted by RedCricketChase (443 posts) -

Think I'm gonna play a bunch of Diablo Trois and go to bed early. Not much of a holiday guy. :\

#45 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Prettttty much nothing.

#46 Posted by FLStyle (4577 posts) -

Who's country?

#47 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

I want to play video games. I will be finishing some home improvement projects instead.

#48 Posted by KirillOrlov (214 posts) -

Waiting for the Steam Sale....

#49 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Apart from waiting to see if the steam summer event starts today, plenty of booze, uninstalling diablo3 (ongoing lag issues since launch for me) & looking for job.

#50 Posted by UitDeToekomst (702 posts) -

apparently I am going to be playing Minecraft all day. wasn't expecting that.