• 172 results
#1 Posted by Unilad (580 posts) -

Seriously. What is the biggest fear in your life?

For me...I'm actually scared of my parents dieing. Whilst I'm 21, I still find their advice and help invaluable. I dread the day that they leave me.

you guys?

#2 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

The concept of death and ceasing to exist/having consciousness scares the fuck out of me whenever I think about it.

#3 Posted by Ekami (268 posts) -

Hundreds of spiders.

#4 Edited by Ekami (268 posts) -

No, wait...

THOUSANDS OF SPIDERS

#5 Posted by phrali (646 posts) -

a bug crawling in my ear and laying eggs on my brain when im sleeping

#6 Posted by Emperor_Jimmu (249 posts) -

One day having to fight in a war or getting somebody pregnant.

#7 Posted by Slurpelve (618 posts) -

What ever is out there in space.

SPACE AIDS!!!

#8 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (634 posts) -

@phrali said:

a bug crawling in my ear and laying eggs on my brain when im sleeping

well that wasn't my initial response but that does rank up there. original answer would be dying having been alone my entire life.

#9 Posted by theANCIENTgray (78 posts) -

The love of my life dying.

#10 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

Fucking kidney stones. I've never had one, but I dread the day I find myself pissing razor blades.

#11 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -
@Unilad said:

Seriously. What is the biggest fear in your life?

For me...I'm actually scared of my parents dieing. Whilst I'm 21, I still find their advice and help invaluable. I dread the day that they leave me.

you guys?

@familyphotoshoot said:

The concept of death and ceasing to exist/having consciousness scares the fuck out of me whenever I think about it.

Those two things basically, been pondering a lot about life and death lately, which can be depressing as hell if you let it be, luckily I've been able to turn it around into something positive and just enjoying every second of every day the past week, which has been awesome.. being happy is quite nice.
#12 Posted by Stonyman65 (2869 posts) -

I'm terrified of losing the people I love. It's weird because I don't really care what happens to me (when it's my time, that's it, there is nothing I can do to stop it) but thinking about the people I care about not being here... It's selfish, I know, but that's the worst thing that could happen to me.

#13 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -
@Ekami said:

No, wait...

THOUSANDS OF SPIDERS

That's nothing compared to my fear of millions of spiders.
#14 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4803 posts) -

Real talk, it's probably a tie being failure and being alone. It's been a while since I've dropped out of college and I'm not 100% sure why I haven't gone back, but if I had to guess, it'd probably be because I'm scared of failing...again (didn't do too well the first time fyi haha). As for the whole being alone thing, it has less to do with finding friends (I have plenty of those) and more to do with finding a significant other. I'm only 21 mind you and I've had girlfriends and shit, but I would describe none of them as meaningful relationships and I'm scared this trend will continue if it continues at all.

Wow #shitjustgotreal

#15 Posted by dagas (2928 posts) -

@theANCIENTgray said:

Same here. I almost faint when she goes to the doctor for consultation. If something were to happen it would be like a giant truck crashing into me.

#16 Posted by Getz (3154 posts) -

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women?

#17 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

Fucking kidney stones. I've never had one, but I dread the day I find myself pissing razor blades.

This is fucking up there for me. My dad had them (and couldn't get the vibration treatment thing), and the way he described them.. ugh.

Grapefruit. Through a fucking straw. Think about that.

#18 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TooWalrus said:

This is fucking up there for me. My dad had them (and couldn't get the vibration treatment thing), and the way he described them.. ugh.

I DON'T WANT TOO OH GOD

#19 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@zombiebigfoot said:

@TooWalrus said:

I DON'T WANT TOO OH GOD

I DIDN'T EITHER, BUT I HAD TO.

#20 Posted by theANCIENTgray (78 posts) -

@dagas said:

@theANCIENTgray said:

Same here. I almost faint when she goes to the doctor for consultation. If something were to happen it would be like a giant truck crashing into me.

No joke. I'd probably go insane. I'd be broken for a long time.

#21 Posted by stryker1121 (1582 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

This terrifies me as well when I contemplate it. It's scary b/c it's so hard to wrap my brain around the endless void of not having consciousness. Of nothing and more nothing. I need to write some gothy poetry right now!

#22 Posted by theANCIENTgray (78 posts) -

@stryker1121 said:

@familyphotoshoot said:

This terrifies me as well when I contemplate it. It's scary b/c it's so hard to wrap my brain around the endless void of not having consciousness. Of nothing and more nothing. I need to write some gothy poetry right now!

There's nothing to wrap your mind around. Words like "endless" and "void" will have no connotation. You would not experience anything. You'd simply cease to be. No time, no thought, nothing.

#23 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -

Losing a loved one. My fiancée, especially.

#24 Posted by Zenogiasu (193 posts) -

Right now, it's something happening to my puppy. If the leash slipped during a walk and he got ran over by a car, I'd probably never forgive myself. He's like my kid.

#25 Posted by EvilKatarn (465 posts) -

I guess pooping in a crowded place.

#26 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

Losing freedom.

#27 Posted by SharkEthic (1063 posts) -

Losing my wife and son.

#28 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I only have one true fear; Mental Illness.

#29 Edited by Chop (1998 posts) -

A snake coming out of the toilet, while I'm pooping, and biting my junk.

What, you wanted something more philosophical? I'm not that deep.

#30 Edited by Daneian (1251 posts) -

Having to go through radiation treatment for cancer and experiencing what I watched my dad go through.

Also, sharks.

#31 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Uncertainty. If God or whatever powerful being exists, and they punish you for not believing in them, then I'm screwed. I don't think anyone should be punished simply because they're skeptical or question things like that.

#32 Posted by Draugen (694 posts) -

"Spiders. And women. And Spider-Women."

#33 Posted by Brodehouse (10128 posts) -

Slavery. Which is still a reality.

#34 Posted by CyborgDuo (105 posts) -

I'm an atheist, and I think what fuels that decision is my fear of any sort of Hell or Limbo. I can accept losing all knowledge of my existence, hell, I can even find joy in that. I can't even think about some vengeful god sending me to suffer for eternity, just because I didn't believe in Him or His values. I'm gay, too! I hate thinking about the fact that there might be a God who truly enforces the values of bigots here on Earth. Can we really think that any God that might exist is anything more than human, with all of humanity's fallacies like hate, fear, and prejudice?

But, on a more secular note, I get the willies swimming in deep water.

#35 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I will not fall for this trick.

#36 Posted by Eviternal (197 posts) -

@dagas said:

@theANCIENTgray said:

Cherish the time you have with them, and let them know how much they mean to you.

My greatest fear is quadriplegia.

#37 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4858 posts) -

I echo the vote for kidney stones. Fuck those fucking things. I stopped drinking milk because of it, and I looooove milk.

Also snails/slugs and bare feet rank pretty high.

#38 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

going blind/deaf or being severely paralyzed. i'd probably off myself.

#39 Posted by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

I was deathly afraid of tornadoes when I was younger.

#40 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Dying of a disease. I'm not particularly worried about death itself (if it's nothing, it's nothing. If there's an afterlife or whatever, that'll be a thing. Woopity doo), but the idea of slowly seeing and feeling yourself wither away, sitting in some hospital bed, being fed through a tube and pissing into a bag, with no hope of recovery...that's fucking terrifying. Give me something quick and simple, like being shot in the head or an explosion. I don't want to see it coming.

#41 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Dying alone.

#42 Posted by JackSukeru (5964 posts) -

@theANCIENTgray said:

@stryker1121 said:

@familyphotoshoot said:

There's nothing to wrap your mind around. Words like "endless" and "void" will have no connotation. You would not experience anything. You'd simply cease to be. No time, no thought, nothing.

A good way I've found of dealing with the concept of death is thinking that being dead will probably be a lot like not being alive was before I was born, and that wasn't so bad. It helps a little, sometimes.

My greatest fear is to be robbed or otherwise victimized where someone steals my chioce and takes my pride away from me, having to face the harsh reality that I am powerless to defend myself.

#43 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6310 posts) -

I fear giving up on my dreams for something more reasonable or safe only to lead an existence of mediocrity at a job I hate, waking up to an alarm every morning and wondering what I could've done differently to get where I wanted to go.

#44 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

Ending up homeless or really poor, I've done just fine for myself until now, but you never know...

#45 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -

Tough questions.

#46 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

For me failing to succeed in life. I don't really care about death, but I don't want to die not achieving anything. That would be my biggest fear.

#47 Posted by Deusx (1910 posts) -

@theANCIENTgray said:

This and failure.

#48 Posted by clumsyninja1 (816 posts) -

Hillbillies...

#49 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

@Sploder said:

@Ekami said:

No, wait...

THOUSANDS OF SPIDERS

That's nothing compared to my fear of millions of spiders.

I don't even need sleep tonight. Don't worry about it.

#50 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I'm afraid of never amounting to anything in life, of never succeeding career-wise. But my fears are also my biggest motivator. I'm going to prove my fears wrong someday.