• 89 results
#1 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

Throughout the year I am usually watching some TV series or another and during the summer I watch a ton more than I normally would.

I'd assume that I'm not the only one who does this, so I was wondering what TV show are you currently watching, recently finished watching, or about to start watching?

For me I just finished Trigun, and Full Metal Alchemist. I'm currently watching D.Gray Man, but I would like to know all you duders inputs on what you are watching.

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Chappelle Show

#3 Posted by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

Right this second Im watching the Ace Attorney Quick Look. But as for TV shows Im currently watching: Nothing. Im not really into TV, Not into movies ether. The plots just move too slow, and they are boring, perhaps that's just because they treat me like an idiot, or perhaps that's because theirs nothing on that I want to watch. I am thinking about getting the Game of Thrones for my birthday. But there are plenty of things to watch on the internet.

#4 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

Doing a rewatch of Community...again. I tend to do it every other month or so =/

After that, I don't really have anything queued up. It's kind of a bummer; At one point, TV was easily my biggest hobby but over the last year or so, I've lost almost all interest in it.

#5 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Hatfields and McCoys

#6 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

Don't watch TV.

I have many TV shows I want to start watching/finish though.

#7 Posted by 49th (2724 posts) -

Watch Firefly, Wildboyz and One Piece while I wait for new seasons of Breaking Bad or Dexter to come to Netflix.

#8 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

I've been watching Eureka and Burn Notice on Netflix. This very instant I'm watching Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals, LGK.

#9 Posted by JaredA (822 posts) -

I literally just finished Spaced. Simon Pegg is awesome!

#10 Posted by believer258 (11776 posts) -

I just finished Samurai Champloo.

I don't really feel the itch to sit down and watch anything else right now. I have a copy of the first Stargate Atlantis season sitting around that I want to finish watching, maybe I'll do that later. I don't watch many TV shows or movies at all anymore, so this isn't much of a surprise.

#11 Posted by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

I've been watching Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I was a little hesitant because of my childhood beliefs, but I love Firefly/Serenity and Dr.Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's a lot better than I was anticipating, some really amazing episodes(I'm in season 6). I just saw Avengers today too. Man I love Joss Whedon, can't wait for his next TV project.

#12 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

@YI_Orange said:

I've been watching Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I was a little hesitant because of my childhood beliefs, but I love Firefly/Serenity and Dr.Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's a lot better than I was anticipating, some really amazing episodes(I'm in season 6). I just saw Avengers today too. Man I love Joss Whedon, can't wait for his next TV project.

Go watch Angel. Right now.

Amazing show; Kicks the shit out of Buffy.

#13 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Blackadder. I'm a bit late to the party but that show is amazing.

#14 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

American Dad

#15 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Game of Thrones, and South Park reruns. 

#16 Posted by myketuna (1672 posts) -

Game Center CX episodes that I've missed.

#17 Posted by evilrazer (481 posts) -

Finally have some spare time to kill so I got around watching Game of Thrones instead of 'watching' it minimized while playing games.

#18 Edited by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

#19 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -
#20 Posted by Zoidberg (175 posts) -

Twin Peaks again

Arrested Development again

#21 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

@believer258 said:

fuckin' a. what did you think?

#22 Edited by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm again.

#23 Edited by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

Watching actual television, like, through a cable box live broadcasting on a TV station television, for the first time since like 2005 (because it comes free in my dorm room). Apparently WWE RAW is on, on Wednesdays? Stopped watching that whenever it was that it became WWE (2002?). Interesting to see who's around still. CM Punk seems to be the only interesting new wrestler.

Yeah, I used to love wrestling but The Rock and Stone Cold quit and the "Attitude Era" was over and I haven't kept up with it at all since.

#24 Posted by dragonboss (40 posts) -

Lost, X-files, Boondocks, Cowboy Bebop,

Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy, oh and all Bruce Lee films

#25 Edited by YI_Orange (1141 posts) -

@Chop said:

@YI_Orange said:

Eh, was never crazy about Angel(the character). Plus, no Willow, Giles, Spike, Xander, or Buffy? Not sure I could get into that. I'll admit the premise sounds interesting(the whole detective agency thing), and it's still a possibility, but I doubt I'd like it near as much.

@AjayRaz: I know you didn't ask me, but Samurai Champloo is great. It manages to be badass and stupid(in the good way) at the same time. The baseball episode, the graffiti episode, the episodes with the blind girl, so good.

#26 Posted by spiceninja (3056 posts) -

Going through Scrubs for the first time on Netflix. Really love it. They also recent added Beast Wars so I'm going to have to marathon through that.

#27 Posted by believer258 (11776 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

@believer258 said:

fuckin' a. what did you think?

Overall? Pretty good. The baseball and zombie episodes suck, and they suck even more considering where they're placed in the episode list (between the two most dramatic stories in the whole thing, Sara and the finale). Some other episodes didn't really strike my fancy either, but most of them really did keep me interested. The fight scenes are mostly great (again, Sara and the finale in particular), the humor is mostly funny (again, barring the zombie and baseball episodes), and everything else is well-worth watching.

I do wonder why they left each other at the end. They're like "Hey! We all found friends in each other, but we've got to voluntarily separate paths for... some reason." It's not a bad ending, I just find it odd that they chose to end it that way.

Two more things:

1) I still liked Cowboy Bebop better.

2) Mugen and Jin have amazing healing capabilities. I mean, Jin survives two near fatal strikes at the end and Mugen survives getting shot, stabbed, sliced, and blown up? And that final dude that was supposed to be so badass didn't seem too good at keeping people dead. The old man was OK and so was Jin, twice - he only managed to actually kill Fuu's dad, who was too sick to move anyway. Not very threatening or impressive.

#28 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

@YI_Orange said:

@Chop said:

@YI_Orange said:

Eh, was never crazy about Angel(the character). Plus, no Willow, Giles, Spike, Xander, or Buffy? Not sure I could get into that. I'll admit the premise sounds interesting(the whole detective agency thing), and it's still a possibility, but I doubt I'd like it near as much.

I felt exactly the same way as you before I finally gave it a chance. Angel grows into an incredibly endearing and surprisingly funny character once he leaves Buffy; he works well as the lead, don't worry about that. Not to mention the other characters are far better developed than their Buffy counter-parts. Also, Spike has a prominent role on Angel and the show actually dramatically improves his character from Buffy.

No matter what kind of preconceived notions or gut feelings you have, I STRONGLY urge you to watch the show. If you like Buffy, you'll fucking love Angel.

#29 Posted by believer258 (11776 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cloudenvy

Bloody hell, where do you find all that free time? I've seen seven anime series that I can name at the moment total. You've seen, like, a hundred or so.

#30 Edited by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

Anyone here watch Louis CK's show? I've heard it was really good but never got around to watching it.

#31 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Game of Thrones, Accel World, No Reservations, Hell's Kitchen, Young Justice, and whatever other cartoons I can find online.

#32 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Bloody hell, where do you find all that free time? I've seen seven anime series that I can name at the moment total. You've seen, like, a hundred or so.

You think that's bad? there are people on that site with over 1000 shows watched. I'm nothing compared to them!

#33 Posted by NegativeCero (2989 posts) -

Mad Men. I'm waiting for Breaking Bad and Burn Notice to come back though.

#34 Posted by believer258 (11776 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

You think that's bad? there are people on that site with over 1000 shows watched. I'm nothing compared to them!

No, I don't mean bad, I just mean, "Holy shit, that's a lot of anime!"

#35 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@DillonWerner said:

Anyone here watch Louis CK's show? I've heard it was really good but never got around to watching it.

I watched the first season on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Make sure you give it a couple episodes to develop.

#36 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

No, I don't mean bad, I just mean, "Holy shit, that's a lot of anime!"

I suppose. Once you start following every season and stuff it quickly adds up!

#37 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

I finished watching all six seasons of Supernatural a couple of days ago. That show is the shit. Watch it now.

And I'm watching through Mobile Suit Gundam again. My childhood is pleased.

#38 Posted by TooSweet (381 posts) -

Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.

#39 Posted by Redbullet685 (6031 posts) -

Gonna continue watching The Killing, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Eastbound & Down, and at some point I'll finish season 2 of Dragon Ball.

Gonna start watching Workaholics and Baccano.

#40 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

Maury

#41 Edited by TruthTellah (8720 posts) -

Been watching classic Quick Looks and catching up on recent anime. Kids On the Slope, Madoka Magica, Space Brothers, and Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

Fujiko Mine is, frankly, amazing. And you can watch it streamed free at Funimation.com. If you are interested in anime at all or just love great looking things, check it out. It's definitely for adults and has a decent bit of suggestive content, but it's more comedy and action than simply inappropriate content. Has a fantastic style about the whole thing.

And, hey, even Hideo Kojima digs it:

#42 Posted by DillonWerner (1526 posts) -

@Redbullet685: I've actually considered watching Baccano. Tell me if it's any good.

#43 Edited by hughesman (312 posts) -

This thread made me realize, i watch x-files and stuff on giantbomb. Thats it.

#44 Posted by TruthTellah (8720 posts) -

@DillonWerner: Baccano is fantastic if you give it time. It's a show that snowballs as time goes on; so, you just have to get through the initial setup of characters in the first few episodes to get to the real meat of it. If the 1920s-1950s is your thing, though, you'll love it.

Also, you may enjoy Durarara. It's by the same people behind Baccano, but it's a more directed series. One of my favorites in a few years, and I think it has less of a barrier to entry than Baccano. Give it a shot.

#45 Posted by BoFooQ (666 posts) -

24 on netflix streaming. Never saw any of it before and am now through one and a half seasons. Not only is it good but no commercials and no waiting. I figured the other day that there are usually 3 sometimes 4 commercials breaks each 3-4 minutes making most episodes 43 minutes. SO while there are 24 episodes each season rather than being 24hrs long its only 16-17hrs. that's nearly 8hrs of commercials I've cut out of my life by waiting.

#46 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

5 seasons of Chuck

#47 Posted by Raethen (180 posts) -

@DillonWerner: Louie is great. It can be the funniest show I've watched in one scene, and then incredibly moving in the next. The first season is great, but the second season is where it really hits its stride.

For me, Mad Men is the best show on right now. The characters are amazingly written and acted. You can learn more about a character in one scene of Mad Men that you would in an entire episode of another show.

Some other shows I would suggest are Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Community. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is really good, I prefer it to the first anime series, after the first few episodes it becomes quite different. In some cases it is more upbeat, but at the same time it's so much darker.

If you are a fan of animation in general, Adventure Time and Regular Show are some amazing shows. Archer is incredibly funny, and Avatar: The Legend of Korra is incredible.

#48 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5814 posts) -

I finished watching Season 3 of Breaking Bad. Fucking great finale, can't wait to see what's next. 

Right now I'm watching American Dad!, also a great show.

#49 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@DillonWerner: Any reasonable person on the planet would probably tell you it's good.

#50 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

I just got into Mad Men recently in a big way. So great, I'd never watched any of it before.