• 89 results
dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dillonwerner

Throughout the year I am usually watching some TV series or another and during the summer I watch a ton more than I normally would.

I'd assume that I'm not the only one who does this, so I was wondering what TV show are you currently watching, recently finished watching, or about to start watching?

For me I just finished Trigun, and Full Metal Alchemist. I'm currently watching D.Gray Man, but I would like to know all you duders inputs on what you are watching.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

Chappelle Show

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

Right this second Im watching the Ace Attorney Quick Look. But as for TV shows Im currently watching: Nothing. Im not really into TV, Not into movies ether. The plots just move too slow, and they are boring, perhaps that's just because they treat me like an idiot, or perhaps that's because theirs nothing on that I want to watch. I am thinking about getting the Game of Thrones for my birthday. But there are plenty of things to watch on the internet.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chop

Doing a rewatch of Community...again. I tend to do it every other month or so =/

After that, I don't really have anything queued up. It's kind of a bummer; At one point, TV was easily my biggest hobby but over the last year or so, I've lost almost all interest in it.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Tireyo

Hatfields and McCoys

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Don't watch TV.

I have many TV shows I want to start watching/finish though.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By 49th

Watch Firefly, Wildboyz and One Piece while I wait for new seasons of Breaking Bad or Dexter to come to Netflix.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been watching Eureka and Burn Notice on Netflix. This very instant I'm watching Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals, LGK.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JaredA

I literally just finished Spaced. Simon Pegg is awesome!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

I just finished Samurai Champloo.

I don't really feel the itch to sit down and watch anything else right now. I have a copy of the first Stargate Atlantis season sitting around that I want to finish watching, maybe I'll do that later. I don't watch many TV shows or movies at all anymore, so this isn't much of a surprise.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By YI_Orange

I've been watching Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I was a little hesitant because of my childhood beliefs, but I love Firefly/Serenity and Dr.Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's a lot better than I was anticipating, some really amazing episodes(I'm in season 6). I just saw Avengers today too. Man I love Joss Whedon, can't wait for his next TV project.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chop

@YI_Orange said:

I've been watching Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. I was a little hesitant because of my childhood beliefs, but I love Firefly/Serenity and Dr.Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog, so I figured I'd give it a try. It's a lot better than I was anticipating, some really amazing episodes(I'm in season 6). I just saw Avengers today too. Man I love Joss Whedon, can't wait for his next TV project.

Go watch Angel. Right now.

Amazing show; Kicks the shit out of Buffy.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ervonymous

Blackadder. I'm a bit late to the party but that show is amazing.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ninjakiller

American Dad

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Game of Thrones, and South Park reruns. 

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By myke_tuna

Game Center CX episodes that I've missed.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By evilrazer

Finally have some spare time to kill so I got around watching Game of Thrones instead of 'watching' it minimized while playing games.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By rachelepithet

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cloudenvy
Zoidberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Zoidberg

Twin Peaks again

Arrested Development again

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By beargirl1

@believer258 said:

fuckin' a. what did you think?

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By Liquidus

Started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm again.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By Liquidus

@boocreepyfootdoctor said:

Watching actual television, like, through a cable box live broadcasting on a TV station television, for the first time since like 2005 (because it comes free in my dorm room). Apparently WWE RAW is on, on Wednesdays? Stopped watching that whenever it was that it became WWE (2002?). Interesting to see who's around still. CM Punk seems to be the only interesting new wrestler.

Yeah, I used to love wrestling but The Rock and Stone Cold quit and the "Attitude Era" was over and I haven't kept up with it at all since.

dragonboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dragonboss

Lost, X-files, Boondocks, Cowboy Bebop,

Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy, oh and all Bruce Lee films

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By YI_Orange

@Chop said:

@YI_Orange said:

Eh, was never crazy about Angel(the character). Plus, no Willow, Giles, Spike, Xander, or Buffy? Not sure I could get into that. I'll admit the premise sounds interesting(the whole detective agency thing), and it's still a possibility, but I doubt I'd like it near as much.

@AjayRaz: I know you didn't ask me, but Samurai Champloo is great. It manages to be badass and stupid(in the good way) at the same time. The baseball episode, the graffiti episode, the episodes with the blind girl, so good.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26  Edited By spiceninja

Going through Scrubs for the first time on Netflix. Really love it. They also recent added Beast Wars so I'm going to have to marathon through that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Justin258

@AjayRaz said:

@believer258 said:

fuckin' a. what did you think?

Overall? Pretty good. The baseball and zombie episodes suck, and they suck even more considering where they're placed in the episode list (between the two most dramatic stories in the whole thing, Sara and the finale). Some other episodes didn't really strike my fancy either, but most of them really did keep me interested. The fight scenes are mostly great (again, Sara and the finale in particular), the humor is mostly funny (again, barring the zombie and baseball episodes), and everything else is well-worth watching.

I do wonder why they left each other at the end. They're like "Hey! We all found friends in each other, but we've got to voluntarily separate paths for... some reason." It's not a bad ending, I just find it odd that they chose to end it that way.

Two more things:

1) I still liked Cowboy Bebop better.

2) Mugen and Jin have amazing healing capabilities. I mean, Jin survives two near fatal strikes at the end and Mugen survives getting shot, stabbed, sliced, and blown up? And that final dude that was supposed to be so badass didn't seem too good at keeping people dead. The old man was OK and so was Jin, twice - he only managed to actually kill Fuu's dad, who was too sick to move anyway. Not very threatening or impressive.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chop

@YI_Orange said:

@Chop said:

@YI_Orange said:

Eh, was never crazy about Angel(the character). Plus, no Willow, Giles, Spike, Xander, or Buffy? Not sure I could get into that. I'll admit the premise sounds interesting(the whole detective agency thing), and it's still a possibility, but I doubt I'd like it near as much.

I felt exactly the same way as you before I finally gave it a chance. Angel grows into an incredibly endearing and surprisingly funny character once he leaves Buffy; he works well as the lead, don't worry about that. Not to mention the other characters are far better developed than their Buffy counter-parts. Also, Spike has a prominent role on Angel and the show actually dramatically improves his character from Buffy.

No matter what kind of preconceived notions or gut feelings you have, I STRONGLY urge you to watch the show. If you like Buffy, you'll fucking love Angel.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Justin258

@Cloudenvy said:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cloudenvy

Bloody hell, where do you find all that free time? I've seen seven anime series that I can name at the moment total. You've seen, like, a hundred or so.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dillonwerner

Anyone here watch Louis CK's show? I've heard it was really good but never got around to watching it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BraveToaster

Game of Thrones, Accel World, No Reservations, Hell's Kitchen, Young Justice, and whatever other cartoons I can find online.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cloudenvy

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Bloody hell, where do you find all that free time? I've seen seven anime series that I can name at the moment total. You've seen, like, a hundred or so.

You think that's bad? there are people on that site with over 1000 shows watched. I'm nothing compared to them!

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NegativeCero

Mad Men. I'm waiting for Breaking Bad and Burn Notice to come back though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Justin258

@Cloudenvy said:

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

You think that's bad? there are people on that site with over 1000 shows watched. I'm nothing compared to them!

No, I don't mean bad, I just mean, "Holy shit, that's a lot of anime!"

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#35  Edited By wefwefasdf

@DillonWerner said:

Anyone here watch Louis CK's show? I've heard it was really good but never got around to watching it.

I watched the first season on Netflix and really enjoyed it. Make sure you give it a couple episodes to develop.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cloudenvy

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

No, I don't mean bad, I just mean, "Holy shit, that's a lot of anime!"

I suppose. Once you start following every season and stuff it quickly adds up!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By N7

I finished watching all six seasons of Supernatural a couple of days ago. That show is the shit. Watch it now.

And I'm watching through Mobile Suit Gundam again. My childhood is pleased.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By Sooperspy

Gonna continue watching The Killing, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Eastbound & Down, and at some point I'll finish season 2 of Dragon Ball.

Gonna start watching Workaholics and Baccano.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TooSweet

Doctor Who and Game of Thrones.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maury

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TruthTellah

Been watching classic Quick Looks and catching up on recent anime. Kids On the Slope, Madoka Magica, Space Brothers, and Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

Fujiko Mine is, frankly, amazing. And you can watch it streamed free at Funimation.com. If you are interested in anime at all or just love great looking things, check it out. It's definitely for adults and has a decent bit of suggestive content, but it's more comedy and action than simply inappropriate content. Has a fantastic style about the whole thing.

And, hey, even Hideo Kojima digs it:

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dillonwerner

@Redbullet685: I've actually considered watching Baccano. Tell me if it's any good.

hughesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hughesman

This thread made me realize, i watch x-files and stuff on giantbomb. Thats it.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TruthTellah

@DillonWerner: Baccano is fantastic if you give it time. It's a show that snowballs as time goes on; so, you just have to get through the initial setup of characters in the first few episodes to get to the real meat of it. If the 1920s-1950s is your thing, though, you'll love it.

Also, you may enjoy Durarara. It's by the same people behind Baccano, but it's a more directed series. One of my favorites in a few years, and I think it has less of a barrier to entry than Baccano. Give it a shot.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BoFooQ

24 on netflix streaming. Never saw any of it before and am now through one and a half seasons. Not only is it good but no commercials and no waiting. I figured the other day that there are usually 3 sometimes 4 commercials breaks each 3-4 minutes making most episodes 43 minutes. SO while there are 24 episodes each season rather than being 24hrs long its only 16-17hrs. that's nearly 8hrs of commercials I've cut out of my life by waiting.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zeforgotten

5 seasons of Chuck

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Raethen

@DillonWerner: Louie is great. It can be the funniest show I've watched in one scene, and then incredibly moving in the next. The first season is great, but the second season is where it really hits its stride.

For me, Mad Men is the best show on right now. The characters are amazingly written and acted. You can learn more about a character in one scene of Mad Men that you would in an entire episode of another show.

Some other shows I would suggest are Sherlock, Doctor Who, and Community. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is really good, I prefer it to the first anime series, after the first few episodes it becomes quite different. In some cases it is more upbeat, but at the same time it's so much darker.

If you are a fan of animation in general, Adventure Time and Regular Show are some amazing shows. Archer is incredibly funny, and Avatar: The Legend of Korra is incredible.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I finished watching Season 3 of Breaking Bad. Fucking great finale, can't wait to see what's next. 

Right now I'm watching American Dad!, also a great show.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cloudenvy

@DillonWerner: Any reasonable person on the planet would probably tell you it's good.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By callumbay

I just got into Mad Men recently in a big way. So great, I'd never watched any of it before.