What are your faovrite Tabletop RPGs?

Avatar image for anonymous-poster
Anonymous-poster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so instead of talking about video games and such, what are some of your favorite tabletop RPG games that you have played?

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

Magic: the Gathering.

It's made by WOTC, so it counts.

Sergiy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, I've played Numenera, which is a fantastic and simple system to get into, plus the setting is quite thought-provoking. All you need is a d20 per player, and the core book of course.

I'm also a big fan of the World of Darkness setting and the cakes that exist within it. In particular Mage, the setting and the possibilities are insane, great writing. The only drawback is that it's a difficult game to run and requires quite a bit of preparation beforehand.

I've been looking to get into Changeling - the lost.. but have not yet had the chance, the themes in that game are really dark and grim with a touch of awesome.

That concludes my PnP experience.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I am in a 13th Age game right now and it is pretty dope. I lot of the skills stuff is very well streamlined and the way the RP stuff and gameplay mechanics blend is something I enjoy.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Old World of darkness particularly Mage, and Star Wars d6 system old ass shit.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I still have a fondness for AD&D 3.5...

I like Paranoia a lot too.

Many Steve Jackson Games are lots of fun: OGRE, Car Wars, Illuminati, GURPS, etc...

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Call of Cthulhu is hands down my favorite rule set just because of the streamlined skill system and intuitive enough stats. It lets me nerd out about history and the 30's in ways I usually don't get to, and is really casual to play.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Pathfinder is still my favorite tabletop RPG but I also really like Shadowrun and Call of Cthulhu, though CoC requires an amazing GM and participants who want to Roleplay 99% of the time and die or go insane the other...101% of the time.

As a side note I am the VL for Pathfinder Society in my area, so perhaps I am biased.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@earth001: Moved to Off-Topic. Please keep all threads in their relevant forums - General is for general video game discussion, Off-Topic is for all things non-video games (that don't have an appropriate forum), Hot Dogs would be for discussing durgers, and so on.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By amafi

Haven't played many. I enjoyed Millennium's End and Call of Cthulhu though. And this GURPS based fallout ish tabletop rpg we played a couple of times in the military was enjoyable as well.