Edited 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: What are your favorite Dreamworks animation films? (53 votes)

Antz 17%
The Prince of Egypt 13%
The Road to El Dorado 9%
Chicken Run 23%
Shrek 42%
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron 2%
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas 2%
Shrek 2 15%
Shark Tale 6%
Madagascar 8%
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit 26%
Over the Hedge 11%
Flushed Away 2%
Shrek the Third 8%
Bee Movie 4%
Kung Fu Panda 25%
Madagascar: Escape to Africa 2%
Monsters Vs. Aliens 4%
How to Train Your Dragon 55%
Shrek Forever After 6%
Megamind 4%
Kung Fu Panda 2 8%
Puss in Boots 6%
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted 2%
Rise of the Guardians 0%
The Croods 0%
None of the Above 4%
All of the Above 0%
I'm waiting for a particular future release that I know I'll like, - Please name the movie. (Example: Turbo is being released on July 19th, 2013) 0%
#1 Edited by D_Bones (365 posts) -

antz, Wallace and grommet, how to train dragon and shrek. and I don't heavily love any of those....

#2 Posted by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -

Going through that list, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to come up with three...

How to Train Your Dragon is easily their high water mark. I forgot that they'd produced Antz and Prince of Egypt, so I voted for those as well. Everything else is pretty, pretty bad.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4678 posts) -

Dreakworks is rather bad, huh.

#4 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

I chose the following:

Antz, The Prince of Egypt, Shrek 1,2,3, and 4, Madagascar, Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Over the Hedge, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon, and Puss in Boots. Out of all of them though, How to Train Your Dragon is my most favorite of them all.

#5 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

God damn man shrek is somehow tainted after their shitty sequels, if it had been stand alone would have been better.

#6 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -
  • Antz
  • The Prince of Egypt
  • Shrek
  • How to Train Your Dragon
  • Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
  • The Croods

The Prince of Egypt is a pretty amazing film, even though I'm not religious at all it had some really profound moments along with great music. Antz is my second favorite of the bunch, it holds up pretty well today.

#7 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Out of those I've seen, I really lie Shrek, Chicken Run, and Over the Hedge

#8 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3872 posts) -

How To Train Your Dragon is obviously the correct answer here. Also one of the few really well done 3D movies. Also it's awesome.

#9 Edited by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

Mike Wazowski

#10 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11026 posts) -

I don't necessarily think that movies made by Aardman should count, because they're way better. And claymation.

Of the non-Aardman ones (which I love), Shrek is pretty all right. Shrek 2 is also pretty all right. But Shrek the Third? Nah.

#11 Posted by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

@tireyo643: How to train your dragon has some of their best cg animation work imo. Some of the scenes during the last act of the movie looked freaking amazing.

#12 Posted by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

@tireyo643: How to train your dragon has some of their best cg animation work imo. Some of the scenes during the last act of the movie looked freaking amazing.

Agreed.

#13 Edited by Daneian (1229 posts) -

Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers

#14 Edited by casper_ (903 posts) -

wallace and gromit are off the chain.

#15 Edited by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Obviously Wallace And Gromit, that goes without saying.

And also:

KUNG FU PANDA TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#16 Edited by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

The first Shrek!

#17 Edited by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

Wow- how did I never realize that it was Dreamworks that did Prince of Egypt. o_O

I had lumped it in with various Disney films I liked- it's been so long since I last saw it. XD

But I do remember it being really good- the other Dreamworks films I really liked were:

• Antz
  • Chicken Run
  • Shrek
  • Curse of the Were-Rabbit
  • Over the Hedge
  • How to Train your Dragon
#18 Posted by PenguinDust (12520 posts) -

I went with How to Train Your Dragon, but Kung-fu Panda 1 follows close behind. Over the Hedge is underrated. I'd like to see another 3DCG movie based off an daily comic strip. Mmm, "Calvin and Hobbs" or "Bloom County". Madagascar, on the other hand, is the single film franchise I hate passionately...except for the penguins who I quite enjoy. It's not rational, but it is what it is.

I watched Rise of the Guardians last night. It was okay, but not as good as Arthur's Christmas. They both have Santa Claus in them and are about young men finding their own identities. Rise was far better than the other Guardians film ("that fucking owl movie").

#19 Edited by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

Shark Tale, Over the Hedge, Bee Movie, Kung Fu Panda, and Monsters vs. Aliens. I think Dreamworks makes better movies than Pixar. YEA I SAID IT.

Monsters vs. Aliens is one of my favorite movies of all time.

#20 Posted by Pr1mus (3913 posts) -

Shrek and Kung Fu Panda. But i haven't seen most of them.

#21 Edited by Tireyo (6413 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Shrek and Kung Fu Panda. But i haven't seen most of them.

When you get the chance, watch How to Train Your Dragon. It'll be your new favorite... or it's more likely to be compared to the rest.

#22 Edited by GunstarRed (5189 posts) -

I saw Kung Fu Panda 2 a few months back and loved the hell out of it. I liked the first one, but the second has an amazingly sinister peacock voiced by Gary Oldman and a bunch of really gorgeous 2D backstory sequences along with a ton of really good action scenes.

I liked both Monsters Vs Aliens and How to train your dragon a bunch too.

Spirit is a wonderful movie also.