Posted by bigjeffrey (4703 posts) 6 months, 9 days ago

Poll: What Are Your New Year PlanS?? (120 votes)

DRINK / PARTY GET PUPPIED UP ☃ ☺ 14%
Recreate Spring Break 3%
Play Video Games 38%
Option Z 12%
Do Nothing It's Just Another Day 33%

option z?

#1 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3719 posts) -

I'm either going to a Run the Jewels show tonight or staying home and just having a few and relaxing (maybe some option z in there ;) ). Probably the latter because I'm poor. But there wasn't a show to go to tonight, I wouldn't be going to a bar for New Years again. Pretty much done with that.

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

If there's a work party going on, as there usually is, I might make an appearance for an hour or two, but I'll be home before midnight.

#3 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

Im going to play Assassin's Creed 4 while sipping on a cup of coffee. All of those animus fragments won't collect themselves. Speaking of man Im beside myself at Patrick's outright hatred for the story missions on the latest bombcast.

#4 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

Going out to buy groceries in case of a possible snowstorm later this week. After that, I'd like to do some cleaning though I doubt that's going to happen. Then video games/movies/tv/music most/all night long.

#5 Edited by Video_Game_King (35797 posts) -

Why do I feel like that GIF is going to get somebody banned?

#6 Edited by IamTerics (400 posts) -

I'm going to play the hell out of some video games and maybe watch some anime.

#7 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

I'll hang out with my lady and probably watch some movies. Unfortunately my old man body doesn't really let me drink anymore, and the rest of my friends just want to do nothing too. Nice boring stay at home New Years sounds awesome right about now.

#8 Edited by ZolRoyce (621 posts) -

I wouldn't even recognize that it's new years if not for the fact that on Jan 01 I can start selling my steam cards again.

So probably not much of anything besides play some games.

#9 Edited by Trilogy (2637 posts) -

Going out for drinks, live music, fireworks, etc. Tomorrow is going to be me eating a bunch of black eyed peas, cabbage, and a possible roast. Video games might get played.

#10 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1631 posts) -

Eating chili's and home cooked meals and playing windjammers and other things. Bring in the new year the right way.

#11 Edited by noizy (652 posts) -

I think last year or the one before I was playing Civ V on NYE. Maybe I'll play some XCOM this time around. I'm over the "let's all get drunk for NYE" phase of my life. I hope no one calls me to tell me I should be "having fun".

#12 Edited by Ezekiel (364 posts) -

Damn it. I voted "Play Video Games", but then I saw "Do Nothing It's Just Another Day".

#13 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (563 posts) -

A number of my friends are hosting a bunch of rather low-key parties, I've been attending 'em for a while now and reckon Imma' continue to do so up until about 15 minutes prior to midnight, at which point I'll have one goal and one goal only:

Make sure no (other) asshole kisses my girl at midnight. That's pretty much it.

Oh, and I'll be playing U2's "New Years Day" non-stop afterwards.

#14 Posted by SomberOwl (628 posts) -

Try and finish getting the platinum trophy in Hotline Miami.

#15 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

Maybe I'll beat SMT4 today?

#16 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2944 posts) -

Chicken Nugget Challenge. For Ryan~

#17 Posted by Xanadu (257 posts) -

Basically I'm gonna marathon Giant Bomb live streams like members only snes party all day and pretend the outside world doesn't exist.

#18 Posted by Ezakael (909 posts) -

Sit around and play games. Watch a movie later possibly.

#19 Edited by Example1013 (4833 posts) -

@animasta said:

Maybe I'll beat SMT4 today?

I scrolled by really fast and thought that was HandsomeDead's avatar for a second and freaked out.

#20 Posted by Cathryn (545 posts) -

Staying in this year as most of my local friends are away on vacation and the rest aren't up to anything. Will have a nice dinner with my mum, drink some bubbly, and spend some time replaying Persona 3.

#21 Posted by Nev (539 posts) -

I'll probably begin Remember Me, and fail to ignore all the drunk hicks screaming and shooting fireworks.

Also, do laundry.

#22 Edited by Fattony12000 (6950 posts) -

Listening to this whilst eating Mini Cheddars.

Thinking about streaming something in a bit.

Forever alone.

#gangstarrrXx420

#23 Posted by rand0mZer00 (204 posts) -

Gonna get my workout in, and then finish up A Link Between Worlds. Maybe start playing Dead Rising 3 as well. I got some Enchiladas cooking right now (first time cooking them so I'm hoping they come out great...or at the very least edible).

#24 Edited by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

So I saw Spring Breakers for 9.99 at work and grabbed it before I left for the night. I might get down with that shit tonight. SPRING BREAK FOREVERRRR.

Also just a reminder to everyone DONT FUCKING DRINK AND DRIVE.

#25 Posted by crithon (3048 posts) -

I'm heading out, but carrying a 3DS for spot passes, because I'm in a nerdy bay area

#26 Posted by MrKlorox (11197 posts) -

Anybody know of any New Year's concerts being streamed live? I'm staying in tonight and wasting time on my computer like any other night.

My favorite New Year's Eve's have been going out to see live music. With the large rise in popularity of streaming in the past couple years, I figured there would be a few good live concert streams. However I seem to be coming up a little dry on that front.

#27 Posted by noizy (652 posts) -

XCOM: Enemy Within is 10$ on Amazon. Here goes NYE :)

#28 Posted by SilentPredator (122 posts) -

Going to bed at a reasonable hour, because I still have to work tomorrow.

#29 Posted by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

I played Pikmin 3, made myself a Bacon Sandwich and watch the London New Years Fireworks Display - I was actually impressed by it this year.
Pretty good New Years, now to play my first game of 2014...

#30 Posted by Ben_H (3293 posts) -

Either read my haskell book or practice a Jaco song on bass.

Like every other year, I will look at the clock once midnight passes, think "Huh, well that happened" and then go back to whatever I am doing.

#31 Posted by hakunin (384 posts) -

Go to parents and have dinner (done), go home and surf the internet feeling down I don't have anything to do on New Year's (in progress)

#32 Edited by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

Drink and play Rocksmith and Spelunky. Probably also watch some old school wrestling or last night's RAW episode.

No matter what, I have some drinking to do.

#33 Posted by Miyuki (176 posts) -

I had a party to go to, but it was cancelled, so I'm planning to play Dark Souls and maybe watch some episodes of Girls Und Panzer with my SO. Pretty good night, I think!

#34 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4245 posts) -

I'm going to finish Remember Me because I'm pretty sure I'm creeping up on the end and I'm having a fucking blast. Assuming I finish at a reasonable hour, I'll probably start playing Catherine or Rune Factory or something.

#35 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (674 posts) -

I got drunk

#36 Edited by falserelic (5270 posts) -

Option Z.

It's the best way to start off the new year.

#37 Posted by Fattony12000 (6950 posts) -

hhjapy wnew ayars eveyrhwonneee

#38 Posted by carrycash (2 posts) -

I celebrated my new year morning with family going for shopping and enjoy.Than at evening all my friends visit to my house.We enjoy drinks beer and wine and music played game and so much thing had done.